jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Would you say Trump's instincts in that matter proved right or wrong
    I think sessions was okay. Trump was following his sense of loyalty to him and not anything else.

Would you say ANYONE is willing to give Trump credit for any of his accomplishments without either some qualification or trying to take some of the credit. Have any of the more colorful and deliberately damaging tell-alls by former purported Trump supporters proven to be anything other than overwrought, untrue and self-serving
    Most things need to be qualified if you're gonna talk about the complete picture. Trump did well on some things and not so well on others, but on balance was good. If you leave out qualifying his accomplishments you might think Trump was the best president ever. You might think he's flawless. And that's just not reality.

Is not Coulter now in the bag for DeSantis? Is it possible the real reason Trump needs to be attacked is to stop her boy from falling into single digits? Didn't Nikki just blow by Ron in NH? Funny timing for this little bruhaha, yes?
    People do that you know. They get "in the bag" for a candidate and then attack that candidate's competition whether deserved or not. Are you not "in the bag" for Trump? Isn't that what it means to be a supporter?

Coulter didn't just get in the bag for DeSantis. DeSantis became her choice because Trump fell out of favor with her. She turned on Trump while he was still in office. Pretty much around the time he ****-canned Sessions. I've heard her rant on Trump many times before DeSantis ran. She wrote a book about it. And jeez. That bitch has been way pissed off at Trump for a good while. Talk about TDS.

So, her attacks are no worse now that she's hitched onto DeSantis than they were after Trump fired Sessions.

If DeSantis was leading in the polls, would you be equally suspicious that the Dems wanted to face him in the General with all you insist that implies where Trump is concerned?

Funny how the arrow of truth always points the way you want it to

Doesn't it work that way with you though? Is there a time since you've chosen Trump when your arrow did not point the direction you want? Even if people "have another guy", why is it any more awful when their arrow points their way?

I think it's because posters, especially myself, have advocated for not having a guy. You've made it a point to claim that we do.

I get that you feel like people are being hypocrites. What you've heard here though is people saying that they thought DeSantis would make a good president, and thought they might vote for him. That's not the same thing as having a guy. And DeSantis is the guy for some people. Some of us who thought DeSantis would make a good president have since cooled on his candidacy, which is what not "having a guy" allows. I can forget about DeSantis and whoever else when they aren't performing like I want.

My only thoughts on DeSantis is that he's proven himself to be a competent administrator as governor. But, he has no personality to compete with Trump. And frankly, his candidacy is moot until such point he makes something of it. Until then, Trump is gonna be what we have to work with. I hope he can do it. At least he's trying not to be as divisive. He's not pulling it off so far but he's trying.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I still have not gotten a straight answer from anyone. Always stuff about untested laws and regulations but never whom or what entity has authority over the president and just from where it is derived.
    Okay. Except for this. And it's been claimed before. And it's been answered before. Not answering the way you want is not the same thing as not answering.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I still have not gotten a straight answer from anyone. Always stuff about untested laws and regulations but never whom or what entity has authority over the president and just from where it is derived.
    If you're not getting the answer, you desire then what's the point in continuing to ask it? I think you've already made your point.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Okay. Except for this. And it's been claimed before. And it's been answered before. Not answering the way you want is not the same thing as not answering.
    If one is going to claim authority over the president who is it and where do they get that authority?

I claim the presidents authority comes from the powers vested in the office by the constitution as chief executive branch and CIC.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    If you're not getting the answer, you desire then what's the point in continuing to ask it? I think you've already made your point.
    I didn’t bring it up. @jamil brought it up to be a smart a**. I just want a straight answer. It may be that some believe congress has that authority, say so and then show just where they get this power…

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Coulter didn't just get in the bag for DeSantis. DeSantis became her choice because Trump fell out of favor with her. She turned on Trump while he was still in office. Pretty much around the time he ****-canned Sessions. I've heard her rant on Trump many times before DeSantis ran. She wrote a book about it. And jeez. That bitch has been way pissed off at Trump for a good while. Talk about TDS.

So, her attacks are no worse now that she's hitched onto DeSantis than they were after Trump fired Sessions.
    Exactly right. Coulter was peeved at Trump way before DeSantis came into the picture. As I pointed out earlier the rift started when he turned on Sessions.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Based on my INGO interactions, I have come to be highly suspicious of anyone from Ohio. I think I would still see Jim as speaker over Steve.
    Similarly, I have come to be suspicious of the sincerity of anyone who attended Purdue, seems like they never got over debate club ending

Luckily, neither Jim nor Steve went there; so either one would be a safe pick. I prefer Steve because, as I said elsewhere - when a zombie programmed by the other side nearly kills you, you probably know what time it is. Plus, it's not his first rodeo

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    If one is going to claim authority over the president who is it and where do they get that authority?

I claim the presidents authority comes from the powers vested in the office by the constitution as chief executive branch and CIC.
    Melania.

Marriage

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I didn’t bring it up. @jamil brought it up to be a smart a**. I just want a straight answer. It may be that some believe congress has that authority, say so and then show just where they get this power…
    Obsess all you want IM. My opinion is one that you will never get a response to the question that you desire. So in your mind you have won. Take the win.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I think Coulter staying with DeSantis is fine.
    Yah, she probably thinks he's more likely to do what he's told

She's not the only one

Rammy is a little more relevant than DeSantis these days. And he's less relevant than Trump at this point. DeSantis just can't gain traction. In a normal election against normal candidates he'd do fine. With Trump in it with his large personality, DeSantis isn't gonna compete with that.
    Yeah, you've got it!

Maybe it was a mistake to not wait until 2028. I think some people might have tried to tell him that

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    You'll excuse me if I don't hold my breath waiting for Garland to do that

This just seems another case of the 'we're better than that' method of slow suicide that is so endemic in conservatives and the west in general. Your opponents do not care and have no fear that you will hold anyone other than your allies to these standards - futilely, I might add because setting a good example in the current reality will not affect anything but your self-esteem
    Do you have an example where he hasn't? I'm not aware of one.

He did appoint a special prosecutor for the spawn's investigation.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think it upsets your sense of balance, I do not think this stuff is really taught about presidential powers.

A simple question, just whom or what entity the ultimate authority over an administrations documents and classifications?
    What makes you think you're the only one who was taught? Can the president go picking through documents at the pentegon on his last day to decide what he wants for his memoirs and then since they're "declassified" by his whim, can he sell them to the highest bidder, foreign or domestic? You've never answered that question.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well. Not to be a smartass. Okay. Yes. Admittedly I was being a smartass. Carry on.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    He did appoint a special prosecutor for the spawn's investigation
    While directly violating provisions of the special counsel statute and doing so to appoint the same gov't apparatchik who slow walked the initial investigation and allowed important charges to time out

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom