Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think that most of us knew that there was no way that Trump was going to make Mexico pay for the wall. Let me rephrase that. We *all* knew, but some were/are not ever going to admit it. Not even to themselves.
    Nah. Many Trumpers believed. Some likely still believe.

• Wow
    Reactions: oze

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington

President Trump is like any other politician.
    He will sing praises of anybody he thinks is gonna do him good ( and I'm sure he did at the time) then after he gets stabbed in the back... "Oh, I knew he was an ass the whole time."
    Too embarrassing to admit he got hoodwinked.
    Everybody makes mistakes... it's just that a politician will never own up to it.

Overall though, I still think he did a good job while he was in office.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    This is amazing. People understand the problems at the border, economy, and crime, yet still won’t trust Donald Trump over Joe Biden. Don’t be so mad at the deep state, CIA, news, Republicans, or whoever else when Donald Trump loses yet again.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    This is amazing. People understand the problems at the border, economy, and crime, yet still won’t trust Donald Trump over Joe Biden. Don’t be so mad at the deep state, CIA, news, Republicans, or whoever else when Donald Trump loses yet again.

So happy that notoriously unreliable polling makes you feel so good…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I think it says more about the lack of pragmatism in the electorate than it says about anything else.

I will be surprised if Trump is the President in a little over a year and a month from now. I have no faith in the American Electorate.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Before you grabbed that spoon and started stirring, did you ever wonder why Kelly is only now lending credence (remember, there is still no proof - only his 'recollection') to the scurrilous things attributed to Trump, rather than doing so when The Atlantic made the same accusations three years ago, if his honor was so offended?

Reminds me of Anita Hill turning on Clarence Thomas with fabricated accusations after she stood on Thomas's shoulders to grasp the next rung on her career ladder

Every man has his price, they say. I guess the MIC has found out what his is

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Looks like Biden leads with those that like handouts and killing babies. :thumbsup: The more important issues, not so much.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Republicans won the argument and still did bad in 2022. On the same issues, but we lost…. Why? Toxic MAGA brand. His candidates got wiped.

No. If we lost to anything beyond ballot box shenanigans, it was abortion.

We will lose again in 2024, if we don't learn to shut our yaps about abortion for a few years to let the heat calm down on it. We need to take the SCOTUS win and save further legislation for down the road, a couple of election cycles anyway.

:twocents:

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    No. If we lost to anything beyond ballot box shenanigans, it was abortion.

We will lose again in 2024, if we don't learn to shut our yaps about abortion for a few years to let the heat calm down on it. We need to take the SCOTUS win and save further legislation for down the road, a couple of election cycles anyway.

:twocents:
    So are you saying Trump- MAGA candidates didn’t underperform their peers? It was pro-life types that lost?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So are you saying Trump- MAGA candidates didn’t underperform their peers? It was pro-life types that lost?

It's probably multivariate. A combination of factors. Also, MAGA candidates might tend to have a more radical view against abortion and be less attractive to pro-abortion moderates. The campaigns ran against Trump endorsees worked hard to associate them with Trump. I'm sure that played into it as well.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

FBI is covertly monitoring MAGA Republicans because the domestic intelligence agency suspects that Trump supporters are the greatest threat of violence – possibly even capable of starting a civil war.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom