• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Unlike some this isn't a I'm right you're wrong thing for me just show me the legislation defining the form and I will agree he is overriding the legislature.
    Could Biden win the election to be President, get sworn in, then write an EO giving the executive powers to someone else?

Could congress delegate their committees and votes to others so they can fundraise and campaign?

None of that would be constitutional because the powers are vested in the person or entity the constitution specifies, not delegates.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Yep, how well we all know that!

Still there is NO DENYING that Trump WILL BE our man in 2024. The question is whether we are just gonna whine waaawaaa2 about orange man bad or are we gonna use oportunity like this to...

... publicly educate Trump on his 2A shortcomings?
    ... tell Trump why he has lost so many of us?
    ... possibly get him to change his outlook?

Trump will be campaigning for the next year. It's up to us whether we just bitch about him, dissolutioning more voters, or whether we try to turn it into something to benefit us?

So how many more times should our folks, like the Palmetto State Armory folks, question Mr Trump on fixing ATF gun control?

:scratch:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Could Biden win the election to be President, get sworn in, then write an EO giving the executive powers to someone else?

Could congress delegate their committees and votes to others so they can fundraise and campaign?

None of that would be constitutional because the powers are vested in the person or entity the constitution specifies, not delegates.
    That all may be true, but that is at the national level and I don't see the tie to PA.

You don't think, at the national level, congress has given a lot of its authority to various agencies?

Do you believe it takes legislation from the US Congress to change a form, say the 4473, for example?

I thought all the government regulations that most of us don't like came from executive branch agencies based on powers delegated to them from congress.

I think that's exactly what is going on in PA.

I believe that to be true.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Who has a better or more critical record on 2A? He put the justices on the court that are restoring rights lost by all the others of my lifetime.

WHAT DID HE DO? Not what was BS’d…
    BS? His own words are BS now? Oh yeah, 4d chess. He's really saving our rights when he spouts off about banning things. :rolleyes:
    Another gem from your idol.
    I'm going to seriously look at it. I don't love the idea of it."
    President Donald Trump stated he would "think about" a ban on gun silencers, following news that the suspected Virginia Beach shooter used a legally-bought gun suppressor.

"I'd like to think about it. I mean nobody's talking about silencers very much. I did talk about the bump stock and we had it banned and we're looking at that. I'm going to seriously look at it. I don't love the idea of it," the president told Piers Morgan on Good Morning Britain.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yep, how well we all know that!

Still there is NO DENYING that Trump WILL BE our man in 2024. The question is whether we are just gonna whine waaawaaa2 about orange man bad or are we gonna use oportunity like this to...

... publicly educate Trump on his 2A shortcomings?
    ... tell Trump why he has lost so many of us?
    ... possibly get him to change his outlook?

Trump will be campaigning for the next year. It's up to us whether we just bitch about him, dissolutioning more voters, or whether we try to turn it into something to benefit us?

So how many more times should our folks, like the Palmetto State Armory folks, question Mr Trump on fixing ATF gun control?

:scratch:
    Huh. Educating a presidential candidate. That shoulds a lot like holding him to account. Can Trumpers do that? I haven’t seen it yet since Trump has been in the political realm.

Can Trump be educated? Idunno. Ask him what he thinks about the vaccine. Ask him what he thinks about lockdowns.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There is a lot of time before that is a reality.

I can’t see many realistic scenarios where Trump isn’t the nominee. Even if he’s in jail he’ll win the nomination. Hell, even if he suicides himself he may win the nomination.

Maybe it’s a failure of imagination on my part, but baring some unforetold extraordinary circumstances, he’s gonna be the nominee.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Who has a better or more critical record on 2A? He put the justices on the court that are restoring rights lost by all the others of my lifetime.

WHAT DID HE DO? Not what was BS’d…
    Well. He was gonna nominate his sister. He agreed to pick from the list put together by the heritage foundation and others in exchange for key endorsements.

Perhaps we owe Harry Reid the honor of most influential in the nomination of those justices. If he had not gone nuclear then the turtle neck ********er would never have been able to pull off completing the nuclear option Harry Reid had put into motion, to allow for Senate confirmation of those nominees in the first place.

Trump does get credit for putting his forfinger on a name on a list he’d never heard of before, and saying, “that sounds like a good name, a perfect name. Very judicial sounding name. I’ll pick that one.

Reactions: oze

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The TDS is reaching fever pitch and we are still three months until election year…
    Where? INGO? Nah, that’s just people saying what is. Two things can be true at the same time.

1) Trump isn’t the sharpest tool in the shed.

2) Trump will win the nomination and he’ll have to do as he is a better tool for staving off communism than any of the Democrats.

Bonus fact: Trump has demonstrated that on balance he doesn’t totally suck as a politician. That’s nearly at the top of my political rankings for politicians.

1. Doesn’t totally suck.
    2. Almost zero redeeming qualities.
    3. Totally sucks.

Be happy Trump is in the top rank.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I can’t see many realistic scenarios where Trump isn’t the nominee. Even if he’s in jail he’ll win the nomination. Hell, even if he suicides himself he may win the nomination.

Maybe it’s a failure of imagination on my part, but baring some unforetold extraordinary circumstances, he’s gonna be the nominee.
    I'm afraid that you are correct.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom