• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Liberals like to say that conservatives are stupid.

Are they right?
    Self-styled True Scotsmen Conservatives™ like to say you can't be 'conservative' and oppose the established order, so if you are against globalism, selling out the middle class and forever war then you are a populist, not a conservative (and populism is bad, for some reason)

Are they right? Hint: to answer this will answer your other question

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I guess the message is they need to practice conservatism in moderation. Move to the center.
    Politics is a matter of pragmatism, not of idealism. It is a matter of creating achievable goals and implementing them in the real world or it becomes just talk

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Self-styled True Scotsmen Conservatives™ like to say you can't be 'conservative' and oppose the established order, so if you are against globalism, selling out the middle class and forever war then you are a populist, not a conservative (and populism is bad, for some reason)

Are they right? Hint: to answer this will answer your other question
    Ain't nothing wrong with being a populist. Who wants appointed elitists to rule over us? Individualists tend to be conservative. Every conservative with a shred of individualist instincts should be a devout populist. Otherwise, they're just fools, voting against their own best interests and personal autonomy.

That's right. I said any of you who are conservative and think you're individualists, are fools if you're not also a populist. Populism isn't Nazism, as the elites like to claim. It's simply wanting popular representation rather than elitist/idealogue representation.

I think it's the chamber-o-commerce conservancy that has the most elitist thinking on the right; that they know best how to order society. They're grifters who con sleepy conservatives into joining the cult of globalism which does not benefit most ordinary US citizens short term or long.

That's why I talk mock CoC/neocon Republicans. They're the worst of the Right Wing, because they justify anti-conservative, anti-individualist policies to uphold their own power. Mike Pence should be their poster-boy.

Anyway, the problem with rulers is that ruling is never selfless.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    @GodFearinGunTotin @jamil I have reconsidered that Trump is a politician. I also believe he is doing what @jamil is always asking, being more calculating in his comments expecting his base to remain solid while not inflaming his enemies, but alas his base cannot let him walk the line…
    Agreed, but part of being a politician is learning how to walk the line while not pissing off people in the base on matters of principle. Notice I said people in the base, because it’s not a monolith. Individuals with individual principles, given individually derived priorities, make up his base.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Again referring to populism, there are elites, and their supporters and there are populists. Supporting elites is portrayed as the reasonable choice, and supporting populists is for fascist nationalists, or some other nefarious group behind populists. Populists can be as manipulated as the elite supporters are. That happens either way. Butnif you support elitists consider how little they care about you and how much they want to order society to work for them at your expense.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Again referring to populism, there are elites, and their supporters and there are populists. Supporting elites is portrayed as the reasonable choice, and supporting populists is for fascist nationalists, or some other nefarious group behind populists. Populists can be as manipulated as the elite supporters are. That happens either way. Butnif you support elitists consider how little they care about you and how much they want to order society to work for them at your expense.

Trump isn't an elitist?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    If he is, he’s not a populist.
    I think the first time around he rode a wave of populism. He stumbled upon illegal immigration and China and the right’s disdain for them and rode that horse to the White House. This time around, he doesn’t appear to be that so much. I can’t figure him out yet. He attacks what should have been his biggest accomplishment and pimps what should have been something he should be distancing himself from. Last time he attacked everyone else from the right and made all of the other republicans seem like they were all leftists. This time, not so much. He seems to be fighting much of what should be in his base while trying to attract moderates who hate the very ground he walks on. :scratch:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    He stumbled upon illegal immigration and China and the right’s disdain for them and rode that horse to the White House.
    This is misinformed. Behind a paywall and couldn’t read it all but I believe this explains what I have posted here several times.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    This is misinformed. Behind a paywall and couldn’t read it all but I believe this explains what I have posted here several times.

His 2016 campaign was pretty listless until the stumbled upon “build the wall”, “Chyyna”, oh and the forgot as soon as he was elected: “lock her up”.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom