Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Republicans are now faced with the same problem as Democrats were in 2020: the primary front runner is a populist, but the business-as-usual political gravy train demands a Chamber of Commerce globalist...so we get Biden.

I believe the only way we’ll ever get a populist elected is to find one that appeals broadly across traditional party lines. That’s a point that Bernie failed miserably on…and so does Trump.

The big corporate money is always going to go to the candidate viewed as least likely to rock the boat…any populist has to have broad appeal across the political spectrum to overcome the CoC machine.
    They’ll all fail to appeal because people watch NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, and they all tell stories that aren’t true, to keep the gravy train running.

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis
    Could you explain this to me? What privacy do dems support?

I believe in a robust interpretation of the 3rd, 4th, and 5th amendments, and I think my opinions tend to reflect this.

Republicans tend to favor more heavy-handed policing than Democrats…look to border enforcement and the death penalty as prime examples…

…but abortion is the one costing Republicans the most ground in the privacy fight. Democrats believe that kind of thing is between a woman, her doctor, and the almighty. Neither the government nor society at large have a dog in that hunt…it is a private matter.

Republicans, on the other hand, argue that a woman’s reproductive records should be available to use as both a report card for her personal morality and as eligibility for potential criminal prosecution.

At least, that’s how I see it.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I believe in a robust interpretation of the 3rd, 4th, and 5th amendments, and I think my opinions tend to reflect this.

Republicans tend to favor more heavy-handed policing than Democrats…look to border enforcement and the death penalty as prime examples…

…but abortion is the one costing Republicans the most ground in the privacy fight. Democrats believe that kind of thing is between a woman, her doctor, and the almighty. Neither the government nor society at large have a dog in that hunt…it is a private matter.

Republicans, on the other hand, argue that a woman’s reproductive records should be available to use as both a report card for her personal morality and as eligibility for potential criminal prosecution.

How's that Democrat border policing policy working out? The way it's going is it will be just as big as an issue for the Democrats in 2024 as abortion was for Republicans in 2020.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Interesting.

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis
    How's that Democrat border policing policy working out? The way it's going is it will be just as big as an issue for the Democrats in 2024 as abortion was for Republicans in 2020.

Look, I’m not going to make excuses for the how the Biden administration handles the southern border…it’s awful.

However, I will argue that border enforcement is a reactionary enterprise, and that effective border security has more to do with the socio-economic health of our neighbors than it does with our government’s tactical prowess at the border.

I think the US globalists made a huge mistake industrializing China...that kind of investment in central and South America would likely have lead to a Mexican border that more closely resembles the Canadian one.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It's why you angrily strike back when someone says they can't vote for Trump for not being fully pro-life. And there is a pragmatic argument you could be making, but you don't. You just whine that people aren't as fully on board with Trump as you think they should be.
    Such faux psychoanalysis and overweening belief in your ability to discern what motivates others is why you are still full of ... still have brown eyes

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Look, I’m not going to make excuses for the how the Biden administration handles the southern border…it’s awful.

However, I will argue that border enforcement is a reactionary enterprise, and that effective border security has more to do with the socio-economic health of our neighbors than it does with our government’s tactical prowess at the border.

I think the US globalists made a huge mistake industrializing China...that kind of investment in central and South America would likely have lead to a Mexican border that more closely resembles the Canadian one.
    Would you agree that the border may be a trending issue for the Democrats in 2024 like abortion was for Republicans in 2020?

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis
    Would you agree that the border may be a trending issue for the Democrats in 2024 like abortion was for Republicans in 2020?

I agree that it should be.

However, I think it won’t matter much if Trump is the Republican nominee…any election with Trump as a candidate becomes a referendum on Trump, not his opponent.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I agree that it should be.

However, I think it won’t matter much if Trump is the Republican nominee…any election with Trump as a candidate becomes a referendum on Trump, not his opponent.
    I was pretty much talking across the board for Democrats.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

There really has been a shift in republican voters in the last decade on policing they have gotten strong on the 4th and 5th as those on the left have been abusing power. Not sure quartering soldiers has been an issue in my lifetime.

We are never going to agree on the abortion issue so we can agree to disagree.

Border enforcement is the responsibility of the federal government and they have failed. I believe because the left wanted to import voters and the big business wanted cheap labor, so that was uniparty dereliction of duty.

Strangely to me you make no mention of the assault on the 1st and 2nd that the left and uniparty are engaging. Federal courts have ordered the feds to stop meddling in freedoms on social media but they keep appealing as just one example. Of course you know the assaults on the 2nd.

There has been a shift in voters in the past decade and many I talk to have no idea. Republicans are no longer the party of big business and elites, they are now dems. The private sector union workers are now majority republicans as are many working folks and small business. These lines continue to become clearer over time, hence Trump visiting striking workers.

I believe that if one made a list of Trump priorities and a list of current dem priorities with no names attached, just lists of issues I bet you have more in common with me, an avid Trump supporter than the dems list, minus the one obvious issue we do not agree on.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Not psychoanalytic. Pattern matching.
    That explains a lot

Professionals aren’t immune to apophenia, either. Scientists may draw conclusions from patterns in data that aren’t really there. Medical professionals may make an incorrect diagnosis based on apophenia.

For most people, apophenia is a common occurrence that doesn’t require treatment. But if you live with schizophrenia, apophenia can be part of a delusion.

If apophenia is disrupting your day-to-day life, there’s hope. Treatment options for schizophrenia may help manage symptoms and improve relationships.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom