Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I will apologize on my part. I got the first 2 shots after weighing the available information at the time. I'm sorry I did. How's that?

For the record, I have not, would not, will not get any additional covid shots.

Why would you apologize?
    You didn't force other people to get them.
    You didn't go on TV and lie about it's efficiency or effects.

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    So let’s say all people agree it was covid and not cancer, flu, ….killing people, and let’s say it killed millions and millions of Americans and Trump didn’t fast track big pharma. Blame Trump, he should have fast tracked the jab! Or let’s say big pharma jab had actually worked and stopped covid dead in its tracks. Who knew the future? And who are the pro Monday quarterbacks? Well I guess Trump knew millions were not going to die, and knew the jab wasn’t going to work as it should. Monday quarterbacking is all I keep hearing repeatedly. Don’t like Trump, vote for Biden. Oh wait, they hated Trump enough they did. If you’re looking for a perfect leader then you’re going to have just keep waiting on Messiah to return, cause until then it’s not happening.
    And to be fair, a large percentage of the population wanted a vaccine and they slow rolled the announcement until after the election so he didn’t get credit.

Like it or lump it, he would have had more than enough votes to overcome the cheating with just that one piece of political manipulation taken off the board.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Apologize? I think your moving goalposts a little. None of us took an action that affected each other directly much less the entire country.

That's like saying we as colts fans should take responsibility for the Colts when they have a losing season.
    Uh. Well… about that. :):

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What mistake did he make?
    Going along with operation warp speed for one thing. They fed him a line of ******** and he swallowed it whole like a sucker. They got to fast track a vaccine technology that they couldn’t get through trials in the normal process so they suckered the president into going along with shortcuts that allowed them to push it through on emergency use.

Now In Trump’s defense I don’t think there are many people who wouldn’t have been suckered the same way. Except perhaps Rand Paul who was preaching against it pretty much all the way.

Anyway, that’s hardly perfect. Most Trumpers in this thread have pretty much had the opinion that no one’s perfect, so don’t expect perfection. And they’re right. But you’re going right up to the wall saying, no, go right on and expect perfection because he’s perfect. :scratch: I don’t get it. Why is it so difficult to accept that someone you admire has faults. Everyone does. Picking someone to admire has tradeoffs. You like the good things while wishing they’d address the bad things.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Tomato tomahto. :):
    I don’t think you could spell apology in a way that looks anything like admitting wrong. You can say, “yeah, I ****ed that up” without apologizing for it. In Trump’s case he could say “It was a mistake to go along with operation warp speed. It allowed pharma to put an unsafe drug on the market without the checks and balances that are normally applied. Lesson learned.”

If he did that, I’d probably become a Trumper. I’d have a lot more respect for Trump if he could demonstrate that he can learn from mistakes, but he can’t admit he made them.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Again, the info he had in front allowed him to make the best decision he could. His decision was not inappropriate but rather the info given to him was; which is still being used.

I am confident many of y’all bashers would do the same and get the same results.
    Any criticisms of Trump at all regardless of how appropriate, you consider as bashing. Come n man. He’s a man. A mere mortal. An imperfect human. Humans make mistakes and what’s great about humans is that they can learn from mistakes and improve. How will he improve if he can’t admit he made a mistake? How can you become aware of the areas where he needs improvement if you can’t admit when he makes a mistake?

And just because people are criticizing him doesn’t make them want to vote for Democrats. Oze, Foz, KG1, GFGT, myself have all praised Trump for some good things he accomplished as well. I’d like a better Trump. Someone who can learn from mistakes.

Reactions: oze
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom