Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don’t expect a candidate with super powers. Just one with a vision of how he’ll lead in the future…and maybe a little humility to at least drop his claim on past victories that really weren’t.
    I do agree that he should acknowledge that the vaccines etc. weren't a success, but a lot of people are critical of him for even trying to do something about the situation.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I do agree that he should acknowledge that the vaccines etc. weren't a success, but a lot of people are critical of him for even trying to do something about the situation.
    I don’t see that and I certainly am not one of those people. To whatever extent the entire series of events is blamed on him is likely predicated on the fact he refuses to repent...just quit bragging about the mistakes he made or duped into.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    a lot of people are critical of him for even trying to do something about the situation.
    That is something I don't remember seeing.

INGO in general is critical, myself included, of the notion that politicians or government should just do something when a "crisis" arises.

We should expect, that if they do something, they take responsibility for what they do.

I expect that of friends and family. I certainly think it's acceptable to expect the same from politicians.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    That is something I don't remember seeing.

INGO in general is critical, myself included, of the notion that politicians or government should just do something when a "crisis" arises.

We should expect, that if they do something, they take responsibility for what they do.

I expect that of friends and family. I certainly think it's acceptable to expect the same from politicians.
    Then can we do the same? There were those (maybe even me, but I don't remember feeling strongly about it at the time) that were cheering him on for acting so quickly. Shouldn't they all apologize too?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don’t see that and I certainly am not one of those people. To whatever extent the entire series of events is blamed on him is likely predicated on the fact he refuses to repent...just quit bragging about the mistakes he made or duped into.
    I wouldn’t mind if he’d admit tjat vaccines didn’t turn out like he’d have hoped, but I guess if all he did was stopped bragging about turds, I guess I’d take it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I will apologize on my part. I got the first 2 shots after weighing the available information at the time. I'm sorry I did. How's that?

For the record, I have not, would not, will not get any additional covid shots.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Then can we do the same? There were those (maybe even me, but I don't remember feeling strongly about it at the time) that were cheering him on for acting so quickly. Shouldn't they all apologize too?
    I don’t think he has anything to apologize for unless it’s for bragging about a turd. Just don’t brag about a turd.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I will apologize on my part. I got the first 2 shots after weighing the available information at the time. I'm sorry I did. How's that?

You have nothing to apologize for. But having sorrow over a mistake isn’t the same thing as apologizing anyway.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Apologize? I think your moving goalposts a little. None of us took an action that affected each other directly much less the entire country.

That's like saying we as colts fans should take responsibility for the Colts when they have a losing season.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

I wasn't gonna vote for you but now that you have apologized, I might reconsider.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    The point is, he did what he did. But even with all of the evidence pointing to the fact that mRNA shots were and still are not ready for prime time, he still brags about his role in rushing it out in record time. This qualifies for more than doubling down.

He did something, he tried. His effort was perfect. IOW, he acted on what he had in front of him.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    It's not Monday morning quarterbacking to expect someone to admit they made a mistake. Other than the relationship that people have with their chosen politician, I can't think of a single type of relationship that will last without an apology every now and then. Don't remember seeing one of those by conservatives until Trump.

What mistake did he make?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Apologize? I think your moving goalposts a little. None of us took an action that affected each other directly much less the entire country.

That's like saying we as colts fans should take responsibility for the Colts when they have a losing season.
    Not moving anything. Should those who believed Trump's actions were a good thing back then that are now griping about shoulda coulda woulda apologize?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

Maybe apology isn't exactly the right term for me to be using. It's more along the lines of admitting a wrong.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom