• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    You are absolutely right…the Trump administration should have done far more to address corruption in prior administrations, it was a definite failure on his part…another good reason not to vote for him again, he never had real control of the Federal apparatus…like you point out yourself here, he was a feckless and ineffectual manager at every level.
    Proof you are just fine with politicizing justice.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Trump couldn’t get his own DOJ to follow through on one of their own investigations…that doesn’t sound like effective leadership to me.
    No wonder you are for Bidens politicization of the justice department. Bet if it actually happened that way you would have been screaming bloody murder…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Why do you suspect that?

Has Hillary been indicted for anything? Obama? Bush?

You seem to be judging the sincerity of my position on a factual situation by comparing it to what you expect my position to be in a hypothetical situation.

I suspect it because you believe some things based on what looks to me a lot more like feelings than facts.

You won’t get a peep from me in argument if Clinton, Obama, Bush, or Biden(*) get indicted for their behavior in office. I actually want to see powerful people held accountable…not just the ones opposite the political divide from me.

There appears to be a lot more intensity to your zeal for Trump's prosecution. Now what I'm gonna say here is just my imagination, but for illustrative purposes. It's like you were one of those people clinging to every word on MSNBC every time they said Trump would be indicted any minute now during the later stages of the Mueller investigation.

I remember coworkers talking about it in anticipation the day before Mueller was supposed to reveal the results. They were just sure Trump would be done in. I told them they should not get their hopes up because Mueller would essentially find nothing other than some minor ****. Next day, everyone had long faces. I said, "tolljah."

"How did you know?" I said, I didn't just read the hyperbolic headlines. You read deep enough into all these articles and you can tell what's ******** and what's not.

But this is different. A conviction won't put a period after the sentence. I suspect Trump will be convicted especially for the J6 and documents stuff, but mostly those convictions would allow key states to remove Trump from the ballot. It's important for those who don't want Trump to run again to get a conviction on insurrection. That makes him ineligible.

(*) Added in edit to correct an oversight. Thanks, bug. :stickpoke:

:dunno:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I am not seeing a clear analog of the charges here that serves your point. I think since you think Trump committed fraud, you indeed would need to prove deceit. Fraud: An intentional deception or misrepresentation made by a person with the knowledge that the deception could result in some unauthorized benefit to himself or some other person.

So fraud is lying. To be fraud Trump would have to have believed he lost the election. If he thought he won the election then what the lawyers were telling him would make sense to him.
    Fraud is more than lying.
    with the knowledge that the deception could result in some unauthorized benefit to himself or some other person.
    He didn't have to believe he actually won the election to say what he said and it not be fraud. His words could not have resulted in some unauthorized benefit.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Fraud is more than lying.

He didn't have to believe he actually won the election to say what he said and it not be fraud. His words could not have resulted in some unauthorized benefit.
    Lying == deceit. In the case against Trump, count one, which is conspiracy to defraud the United States, alleges among other things that Trump, knowing that he lost the election legitimately, continually spread lies about a fraudulent election, claiming that it changed the results. So then they need to prove that he knew it to make that part of the evidence supporting fraud. Read the indictment. His knowledge of "the truth" that he lost is a prominent part of the fraud allegation.

Now. If they actually have real ass evidence of conversations between Trump and others involved, where Trump acknowledges his loss but talked about ways to get around it, well his ass is fried. He's going to jail and he will not be eligible to run now or ever.

But, as I've said, I suspect that the purpose of prosecuting him for this is more about removing a political opponent who is tied in the polls with their guy. If Trump hadn't put his hat in the ring I strongly suspect no one would have raided his home. The feds would not be prosecuting him. They'd be too busy trying to aim their weapon-o-justice at whoever else was the front runner.

Reactions: KG1

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Lying == deceit. In the case against Trump, count one, which is conspiracy to defraud the United States, alleges among other things that Trump, knowing that he lost the election legitimately, continually spread lies about a fraudulent election, claiming that it changed the results. So then they need to prove that he knew it to make that part of the evidence supporting fraud. Read the indictment. His knowledge of "the truth" that he lost is a prominent part of the fraud allegation.

Now. If they actually have real ass evidence of conversations between Trump and others involved, where Trump acknowledges his loss but talked about ways to get around it, well his ass is fried. He's going to jail and he will not be eligible to run now or ever.

But, as I've said, I suspect that the purpose of prosecuting him for this is more about removing a political opponent who is tied in the polls with their guy. If Trump hadn't put his hat in the ring I strongly suspect no one would have raided his home. The feds would not be prosecuting him. They'd be too busy trying to aim their weapon-o-justice at whoever else was the front runner.
    All good points. Trump has been and still to this day consistent in his belief that the election was fraudulent based on many things that were presented to him as potential evidence of fraud. Like you said the persecution has to prove he believed that he had legitimately lost and went ahead anyway with alleged fraudulence.

This is all a question of mindset. It's what Trump truly believed and not what he should've believed which the persecution is contending.

Last edited:

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville

"Who does he think he is?" asked angry conservative Ryan Felix. "We're the ones who put him on the map, and now he's going to turn his back on us and refuse our demand that he get a massive tattoo saying 'Make America Great Again' with a picture of Trump's face? I guess he really doesn't care about his fans, does he?"

Anthony, who shot into the spotlight in recent weeks due to the viral success of his song "Rich Men North of Richmond," confirmed he had committed the unpardonable sin of not doing absolutely everything exactly as he was told. "All those Republicans seemed real nice at first," Anthony said in a selfie video from inside his pickup truck. "Then someone said I should show my loyalty to the cause by getting ‘MAGA' tattooed on my neck. When I said that might be a little extreme for me, everybody flipped out and started calling me a ‘lib.'"

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    But it still takes more to make it fraud, unless he lied to a federal agent of course. If that is the whole of that count, I honestly don't know what they are thinking.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I keep waiting for a Trump pivot on covid. Not only has it not happened but it appears no one close to him is advising him to tap the brakes much less pivot. With the rise in covididiicy occurring right now, this is why Trump will not get my support in the primaries.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    :rofl:Listen to your mentor Swamy.

Trump, in the same interview with Beck, seemed to acknowledge Ramaswamy's tendency to drive controversy, urging him to reign it in.

• "He's starting to get out there a little bit. He's getting a little bit controversial," Trump said. "I got to tell him: 'Be a little bit careful. Some things you have to hold in just a little bit, right?'"

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    :rofl:Listen to your mentor Swamy.

Trump, in the same interview with Beck, seemed to acknowledge Ramaswamy's tendency to drive controversy, urging him to reign it in.

• "He's starting to get out there a little bit. He's getting a little bit controversial," Trump said. "I got to tell him: 'Be a little bit careful. Some things you have to hold in just a little bit, right?'"
    Trump telling someone else to reign in the nutty talk? :rofl:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Trump telling someone else to reign in the nutty talk? :rofl:
    Yeah I found Trump's advice to be pretty rich telling Swamy to tone it down. Like he's never had the tendency to be a bit out there and controversial. or hasn't held anything in.

Fighters don't reign in anything. Right?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom