• Status
    Not open for further replies.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Considering those people also believe anyone right of mao is a russian spy, I don't really care what they think.
    Nope, there are a whole bunch of people between the Marxists and us... the people in the middle... they normally don't make up their mind until pretty close to the election, and usually, they are the ones who determine the winner.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Nope, there are a whole bunch of people between the Marxists and us... the people in the middle... they normally don't make up their mind until pretty close to the election, and usually, they are the ones who determine the winner.

I used to believe this, I don't anymore.

People interested in politics at any level pretty much fall into 2 camps. People who believe the flashing picture box, and people who make an effort to inform themselves.

People who inform themselves are a relatively small minority that can shift the vote a bit, while the other camp is effectively the baked in lever pullers who will almost never deviate from what CNN or Fox news tells them to do. And both become irrelevant if ballot stuffing and mail in voting is permitted.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Well, have fun with Chuck Schumer, Hakeem Jeffries and whoever the Dems run for President instead of Biden running the country... that's what you are voting for... I prefer my R's not to be losing losers who lose to the Dems, pull all of the Rs down with them over petty fragile ego BS and let the Dems completely take over.

And remember, when it comes to pass, THIS is what you are voting for....
    We will put you down as satisfied with the marine from Indiana…

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Do you seriously think that Trump will not gain votes if he‘s convicted?
    I don't. I think anyone that will be swayed by the legal issues has already gone over. Among those some will drop him because they will see a conviction as meaning he really did it and should not be President.

The actual facts that come out in the trial will matter a lot on who ends up on which side. It could be anything from still looking like a political lynching to "OMG how could he do that".

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis
    I agree b it cannot figure out who it may be. Kennedy is not wanted by the democrats. Kamala is just not the right material for obvious reasons. So who?

Michele?

Michelle Obama is smart, has poise, an insider’s view into the DC sausage mill, and has a gentle and open demeanor. I think she would be a formidable opponent to Trump.

She has stated publicly that she has no interest in elected office, but almost everybody who runs says that before they announce their candidacy, lol, so who knows.

Personally, I kinda like Pete Buttigieg...that dude is really smart and he spends a lot of his public-facing time talking about actual governance issues instead of himself. I don’t agree with some of his ideological stances, but I admire his down-to-business demeanor…he reminds me of Mitch Daniels in that respect.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    He might gain some. He might lose some. It can be both. What’s the net? I think that will depend on people’s perception of how the trials are conducted. Not everyone is drunk on his persona. People who are will dismiss even the strongest evidence. People’s perceptions wont be the same. What’s obvious to you isn’t obvious to all.

There is not a majority of you’s who are drunk on his persona. Unless it’s an obvious kangaroo court, if he’s convicted, I think that net will be enough that he loses. And to me, pragmatically, that’s unfortunate. I’m voting against ClownWorld™.

I think you guys have a false consensus bias, thinking that everyone who could potentially vote for Trump is one of you. I don’t think elections are a consensus at all.

Each individual votes their whims, which may have some commonalities, but are still all over the place. Since there are so few choices all the whims get pigeonholed into the few options available, it appears as if a consensus. You can vote for the red choice for a myriad of reasons. You can vote blue, other, neither, all for a myriad of reasons.

Not everyone who doesn’t vote is apathetic. Not everyone who votes blue is a commie. Not everyone who votes red is like you or like me. Not everyone who can’t vote for Trump is like SD4L. Not everyone who ends up not voting for Trump has TDS.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Michelle Obama is smart, has poise, an insider’s view into the DC sausage mill, and has a gentle and open demeanor. I think she would be a formidable opponent to Trump.

She has stated publicly that she has no interest in elected office, but almost everybody who runs says that before they announce their candidacy, lol, so who knows.

Personally, I kinda like Pete Buttigieg...that dude is really smart and he spends a lot of his public-facing time talking about actual governance issues instead of himself. I don’t agree with some of his ideological stances, but I admire his down-to-business demeanor…he reminds me of Mitch Daniels in that respect.
    You forgot she also has a penis, among her other traits
    Buttigieg? Really?
    Look at his record as mayor of South Bend. I don't live in SB, but close enough to have it affect me, (shopping, work that kind of stuff) he ****ed that town up bad

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Smart? What evidence do you have of that? Did you read her senior thesis? It was very averagely written ideological nonsense.

Really? He can articulate, I’ll give him that. He talks like he’s a doer. He has no idea how to do anything but talk. And thankfully he’s not a doer or we’d be in much worse shape. If that dude we’re actually competent the world would suck more. No. Not that kind of suck. Get your mind out of the gutter!

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    Changes to election law under the guise of 'the Covid emergency' that made it less secure and more open to fraud. Those changes originated with the Secretaries of State, not the legislature. Naked power grab in service of the uniparty. Kemp made sure to change that before his own 2022 election, so he was aware of the problem but didn't do anything about it. Simp
    Wrong. Trump underperforms the Republicans he likes to bash. Look at this total lie from Trump.

1692793440369.png

In 2020 Trump and Sununu were both on the ballot in New Hampshire. Trump lost by 7 points while Sununu won by 32. Trump attacks every successful Republican who proves you can win without him. You'll make stupid excuses for the ones that lose with him.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I do not expect bidet to be the nominee…
    Well, if they're going to replace him they need to do it soon. Once people start voting in primaries/caucuses, it's kinda late in the game to be replacing him unless they think the drama of the DNC substituting a candidate in place of the one they voted for is advantageous. I suppose they could contract Hillary to suicide him. They could easily make up some medical excuse last minute because people already think he's a senile old man. But, they'd be better get on with it because the sooner the better for them. Clock's ticking.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne

Primary- Most likely.

General- Not a chance. The reason I say this is if he is convicted I see him pulled off at least four state ballots. They pull him off Pennsylvania, Michigan, Arizona and Wisconsin its done.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Primary- Most likely.

General- Not a chance. The reason I say this is if he is convicted I see him pulled off at least four state ballots. They pull him off Pennsylvania, Michigan, Arizona and Wisconsin its done.
    There is a movement afoot to try and get SoSs to throw Trump off the ballot under the 14th amendment sec 3.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I do not expect bidet to be the nominee…

I think he will be the nominee. He is easily controlled, probably low to zero push back, just keep giving him ice cream. Hes nothing more than a placeholder and frankly this arrangment is perfect for the left. Those behind the scenes are getting everything they want while letting Joe take the hits.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I used to believe this, I don't anymore.

People interested in politics at any level pretty much fall into 2 camps. People who believe the flashing picture box, and people who make an effort to inform themselves.

People who inform themselves are a relatively small minority that can shift the vote a bit, while the other camp is effectively the baked in lever pullers who will almost never deviate from what CNN or Fox news tells them to do. And both become irrelevant if ballot stuffing and mail in voting is permitted.
    I think that's a false dichotomy. You can always sort people into whatever camps you create for them. I can make any camps I want and sort people into them and it always fits. There are two kinds of people, those who always **** missionary and those who don't. There are two kinds of people, those who think pineapple belongs on pizza and those who don't. There are two kinds of people... I could go on all day. At best it is a rhetorical construct to make a point, which can be useful, but it is not useful for actually defining people and their beliefs, proclivities, etcetera.

"The middle" I think would actually sort into both your camps. Moderates, can be political and engaged. They can be apolitical and apathetic. And they can be all points in between. And so can progressives and conservatives. If that's your point, I think that's correct.

I think most people believe themselves to be informed. You do. I do. Middle does. Left does. Right does. But, what it really means to be informed is to have a perception of reality that closely matches reality. Disclaimer: And by saying that I'm not proclaiming that my perception is any more accurate than anyone else's. But I think we're all trying to get as close as we can.

The extent to which someone is informed is measured by reality. In the political realm, that is fairly subjective.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom