Not open for further replies.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Context? Called what a lie?
    I posted all about this in the DeSantis thread. I know you saw it. You even gave it a like. Levin posted that X tweet at the time a day after the interview when the response to it first became an issue. It was refenced in this article where I first became aware of it.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Context? Called what a lie?
    If you take everything in context DeSantis was specifically responding to Trump and members of congress who support Trump that were criticizing him and his supporters in congress for being RINOs for not kissing Trump's rear end.

Here is the whole response in its entire context in the interview and I'm sure that Levin took the entire context into account and not just snippets pieced together like the "left wing media" would do.

"When DeSantis was asked if he believed the Trump surrogates making those claims really thought he was a RINO, here’s what he had to say (transcribed from the below video):"

“I don’t think they think it. I think that we have a strand in our party that views supporting Trump as whether you are a RINO or not. And so you can be the most conservative person since sliced bread, unless you’re kissing his rear end they will somehow call you a RINO. So it’s been totally detached from principle and what you actually believe and results, and it’s more about, you know, just what faction you happen to do.

So there will be people who are huge Trump supporters like in Congress who have like incredibly liberal, left-wing records that’s really just atrocious, and yet they’re viewed by some of these folks as like really, really good. Then you have other people like Congressman Chip Roy, who has endorsed me, Congressman Thomas Massie. These guys have records of principle fighting the swamp that are second to none, and yet they will be attacked by some of these people and called RINOs.

So it’s just been totally detached from any type of substance. And ultimately, a movement can’t be about the personality of one individual. The movement has gotta be about what are you trying to achieve on behalf of the American people, and that’s gotta be based in principle. Because if you’re not rooted in principle, if all we are is listless vessels that [are] just supposed to follow whatever happens to come down the pike on Truth Social every morning, that’s not going to be a durable movement.”

Last edited:

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Please point out the lie about DeSantis in the video? DeSantis called MAGA Trump supporters “listless vessels…
    Really... where? I know he pointed to politicians who cower to and kiss Trump's *** on the daily as "listless vessels..."

Show me where he called MAGA supporters, or any voters, "listless vessels."

Trump's weak... he's gotta flat-out lie.
    Or he just lies

Well... there is that! Lol!

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Not tagging this in a quote because I don't want to put words in anyone else's mouth...

1. Lying liars lie.

2. And losing losers lose.

Two important qualities Trump possesses, IMO.

And I voted for him twice... so explain to me now how he will get more votes this time?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    If you take everything in context DeSantis was specifically responding to Trump and members of congress who support Trump that were criticizing him and his supporters in congress for being RINOs for not kissing Trump's rear end.

Here is the whole response in its entire context in the interview and I'm sure that Levin took the entire context into account and not just snippets pieced together like the "left wing media" would do.

"When DeSantis was asked if he believed the Trump surrogates making those claims really thought he was a RINO, here’s what he had to say (transcribed from the below video):"
    So he played word salad here, but he said what he said.

“Because if you’re not rooted in principle, if all we are is listless vessels that [are] just supposed to follow whatever happens to come down the pike on Truth Social every morning, that’s not going to be a durable movement.”

Who is he calling “listless vessels” but Trump supporters?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Really... where? I know he pointed to politicians who cower to and kiss Trump's *** on the daily as "listless vessels..."

Show me where he called MAGA supporters, or any voters, "listless vessels."

Trump's weak... he's gotta flat-out lie.

Well... there is that! Lol!
    Hey @jamil I figured it out, SD4L is actually DeSantis himself, anyone ever seen them I the same room? They say the same things…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Not tagging this in a quote because I don't want to put words in anyone else's mouth...

1. Lying liars lie.

2. And losing losers lose.

Two important qualities Trump possesses, IMO.

And I voted for him twice... so explain to me now how he will get more votes this time?
    What would by hysterically funny if it was not so tragic is of all the lies Presidents have told you seem most incensed by Trump’s minor BS…

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    If you read the entire context of the interview that I've posted this is what DeSantis was referring to in response to being called a "RINO" by Trump and his surrogates.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Well. Scott Pelly is a ********er of a “journalist”. It’s a compelling case to most people though.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

“Because if you’re not rooted in principle, if all we are is listless vessels that [are] just supposed to follow whatever happens to come down the pike on Truth Social every morning, that’s not going to be a durable movement.”

See this is only the last paragraph that the media and you and others are focusing on without taking into account the preceding context of the entire segment of the interview that has relevancy.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

The people that called him a RINO.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom