• Status
    Not open for further replies.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    Why would the heavyweight champ entertain a bout with those that have not been able to prove they can fight and win anything on their own?
    Senators and Governors? Including a Governor who had a huge margin of victory in the same cycle Trump endorsed candidates got trounced?
    A Governor from ND who was an outsider and came from way back to win with no prior political experience? Gimme a break!

Also, Trump's ceiling isn't rising in the polls, and he looks like a huge coward when he won't debate. I hope the folks in IA and NH get a chance to see the alternatives and move away from the guy who wants us to pay his legal bills.
    Can we put you down as a 'Listful Vessel', then?
    I agree 100% with what DeSantis said. When you look at the whole quote, it is spot on.

Trump already beat Bidiot in 2020. Sure, Bidiot was placed in the big chair, but Bidiot did not get 81MM legitimate votes. Ballots from under desks, back of tractor-trailers, mini-vans, multiple times through tabulators, unobserved behind closed doors, without verification, stuffed hundreds at a time (by one person!) in random cardboard boxes placed around towns... 81MM legitimate votes - STFU.
    70% of the US completely rejects this crackpot theory. It's a guaranteed loss. You can do a Stacy Abrams and pretend you won like Trump is, but the Democrats will be in office. Do you also reject the loss of Kari Lake? Herschel Walker? Dr. Oz?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Senators and Governors? Including a Governor who had a huge margin of victory in the same cycle Trump endorsed candidates got trounced?
    A Governor from ND who was an outsider and came from way back to win with no prior political experience? Gimme a break!

Also, Trump's ceiling isn't rising in the polls, and he looks like a huge coward when he won't debate. I hope the folks in IA and NH get a chance to see the alternatives and move away from the guy who wants us to pay his legal bills.

I agree 100% with what DeSantis said. When you look at the whole quote, it is spot on.

70% of the US completely rejects this crackpot theory. It's a guaranteed loss. You can do a Stacy Abrams and pretend you won like Trump is, but the Democrats will be in office. Do you also reject the loss of Kari Lake? Herschel Walker? Dr. Oz?
    Enjoy your flat earth.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Trump already beat Bidiot in 2020. Sure, Bidiot was placed in the big chair, but Bidiot did not get 81MM legitimate votes. Ballots from under desks, back of tractor-trailers, mini-vans, multiple times through tabulators, unobserved behind closed doors, without verification, stuffed hundreds at a time (by one person!) in random cardboard boxes placed around towns... 81MM legitimate votes - STFU.
    Apparently we have a different opinion on the 2020 results. I mean if Biden is the president he beat Trump. Whether or not it was legitimate can be argued, but unlike the NCAA, I don't see any mechanism to strip the title.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Whether or not it was legitimate can be argued, but unlike the NCAA, I don't see any mechanism to strip the title.
    This part of your post is what becomes the real issue should reliable evidence ever be presented, whether it's 2020 or elections in the future. As a nation we might want to give some thought as to how we can correct such a scenario. Through all the rigamarole, I haven't found a specific answer that wasn't just 'legal theory'.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    From my personal knowledge I'd say Trump may(?) win but it'll be very hard, if not impossible.

I know six (6) folks who voted for Trump in 2016. They hated Hillary and it was an easy choice.

Five (5) of them supported Trump in 2020. They didn't like Biden but they didn't have the hate there either.

Talking with ALL of them recently there will be only one (1) that will vote for him in 2024. The rest say they don't like Biden and may not vote for him but they certainly will NOT vote for Trump. Several have said basically the same thing, they like him to a point but in their mind he is just too damn toxic and way to controversial. This still doesn't mean they'll support Biden but all have said likely vote Libertarian or Constitutional Law Party or not at all, but not Trump.

Now in Indiana or Kentucky this doesn't mean a thing. However, if we look at some swing states like Ohio or Florida this could easily break any hope Trump has to win. Especially Florida if Trump tries to beat up on DeSantis as he seems to be reasonably supported by republicans there. All Trump needs to do is make just two (2) or three (3) percent of republicans mad at him for attacking their guy and it's over for Trump. Florida may well fall to Biden.

None of what I'm saying even includes indictments or convictions.

I think most of them are tired of all the fighting. The same thing with the end of the Clinton era scandals and the Bush Jr era of Middle Eastern wars. In one they didn't support Gore and the other they didn't support McCain. There were a variety of reasons for each but I think a lot of it was just weariness. People wanted the crap to stop. I think it may be the same with Trump. Folks just want to put the stolen election arguments and the fighting behind them.

On all of this I could be totally wrong - except for the people I know that will no longer vote Trump. But my thinking could be way off. We'll just have to wait and see.

Regards,

Doug

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Trump's chances diminish if he is indicted
    Nope, didn't happen X4, actually the opposite happened

Not seeing any hard evidence to back this up. Maybe some citations beyond 'jamil believes™' would be useful

Remember if you cite polling, live by that sword die by that sword. If polling is accepted as hard evidence of what you want believe it will need to be accepted similarly of what you do not

'The walls are closing in™' - another prognostication that had the gullible salivating, just sayin'

Is all of this bull**** to try to distract from DeSantis lighting the afterburners with his campaign's nose still pointed straight at the ground? I don't think it's working
    I posted them awhile back. A poll that showed the number of Republicans that say they will vote for Trump fades if he’s convicted. Independents are less likely than conservatives, but Trump took a hit among conservatives too. You gonna have to double up on those handies to scrub up enough zoomer support to make up for the difference if Trump’s convicted.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    From my personal knowledge I'd say Trump may(?) win but it'll be very hard, if not impossible.

I know six (6) folks who voted for Trump in 2016. They hated Hillary and it was an easy choice.

Five (5) of them supported Trump in 2020. They didn't like Biden but they didn't have the hate there either.

Talking with ALL of them recently there will be only one (1) that will vote for him in 2024. The rest say they don't like Biden and may not vote for him but they certainly will NOT vote for Trump. Several have said basically the same thing, they like him to a point but in their mind he is just too damn toxic and way to controversial. This still doesn't mean they'll support Biden but all have said likely vote Libertarian or Constitutional Law Party or not at all, but not Trump.

Now in Indiana or Kentucky this doesn't mean a thing. However, if we look at some swing states like Ohio or Florida this could easily break any hope Trump has to win. Especially Florida if Trump tries to beat up on DeSantis as he seems to be reasonably supported by republicans there. All Trump needs to do is make just two (2) or three (3) percent of republicans mad at him for attacking their guy and it's over for Trump. Florida may well fall to Biden.

None of what I'm saying even includes indictments or convictions.

I think most of them are tired of all the fighting. The same thing with the end of the Clinton era scandals and the Bush Jr era of Middle Eastern wars. In one they didn't support Gore and the other they didn't support McCain. There were a variety of reasons for each but I think a lot of it was just weariness. People wanted the crap to stop. I think it may be the same with Trump. Folks just want to put the stolen election arguments and the fighting behind them.

On all of this I could be totally wrong - except for the people I know that will no longer vote Trump. But my thinking could be way off. We'll just have to wait and see.

Regards,

Doug
    Are your friends from swing states? :):

Seriously, those are just anecdotal datapoints. We would need something more aggregate like a poll to have some sense of how this might play out. So far Trump is staying even with Biden in the swing states this far, and short of a Trump conviction, I don’t see that changing much. Which probably means Biden wins because Bug doesn’t have enough hands to compete with the purple hair army of Democrat ballot ho’s to save Ohio from Biden.

So for those friends of yours who won’t vote for Trump, the polls suggest they have counterparts that say they will vote for him.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I’ll start….

A “no vote” is a vote for the communists (demoncrats).

A vote against Trump (because you hate him) is a vote for the communists (demoncrats).
    It’s not. The Trump haters could just blame you for voting for someone unelectable. That line you used just doesn’t work. But, it’s fair you ask them when they’re standing in the food line waiting on their ration of bugmeal (not that Bug) if not voting for Trump was worth it.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Apparently we have a different opinion on the 2020 results. I mean if Biden is the president he beat Trump. Whether or not it was legitimate can be argued, but unlike the NCAA, I don't see any mechanism to strip the title.
    End justifies the means, eh? Just lie back and enjoy it?

Nicolás Maduro approves of this post

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    End justifies the means, eh? Just lie back and enjoy it?

Nicolás Maduro approves of this post
    I think it’s more a pragmatic statement of is, not an advocacy of ought. Trump tried it the idiotic way. No one but Trumpers would have seen him as the legitimate President.

The thing that happened last time (2000) about who actually won the election was resolved, effectively, by the court. How did Trump fair in court after 2020 election? How’s he fairing now? That’s another statement of is, not ought.

Last edited:

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I wasn’t going to vote Trump though I did the first 2 times. Not out of hate but because of a few things,,, was hoping another strong figure who would stop the spending and borrowing would step up,,,, none did though. And seeing Biden and the left destroy our Country, and seeing the ungodly evil plots against Trump has swung me back towards him. I could say more why I have seen Trump in another light, being used as a tool to accomplish some things and seeing those things more. Sadly, Trump may not be around, he is getting closer to the end of his life, I hope and pray as God lifts him up that he lifts other men up that will continue the good fight for America.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    BTW, here’s the poll I talked about.

About the Study

These are some of the findings of an Ipsos poll conducted between August 2-3, 2023 on behalf of Thomson Reuters. For this survey, a sample of 1,005 adults age 18+ from the continental U.S., Alaska, and Hawaii was interviewed online in English. The sample also includes 444 Democrats, 355 Republicans, and 116 independents.
    Since we're talking Presidential Election here, I went to 2020 election demographics, which were 33% Democrats, 29% Republican and 34% Independent. For a sample of 1005, that would translate into 332 Democrats, 291 Republicans and 342 Independents

So, before they even get to the hand-waving 'adjustments' to the sample, it is overweighted Democrat by 33.7%, overweighted Republican by 22% and underweighted Independent by 33.9%

The sample was randomly drawn from Ipsos’ online panel, partner online panel sources, and “river” sampling and does not rely on a population frame in the traditional sense. Ipsos uses fixed sample targets, unique to each study, in drawing a sample. After a sample has been obtained from the Ipsos panel, Ipsos calibrates respondent characteristics to be representative of the U.S. Population using standard procedures such as raking-ratio adjustments. The source of these population targets is U.S. Census 2022 American Community Survey data.
    And it isn't a truly random sample of public opinion, it is a massaged sample of a standing group of willing contributors with the massaging supposedly making it a more representative sample but the 'adjustments' applied being opaque/proprietary? Do they have some Roebling property for sale near the East River?
    This study had a credibility interval adjusted for design effect of the following (n=1,005, DEFF=1.5, adjusted Confidence Interval=+/-5.3 percentage points).

The poll also has a credibility interval of plus or minus 5.7 percentage points for Democrats, plus or minus 6.4 percentage points for Republicans, and plus or minus 11.1 percentage points for independents.
    And it took all of that smoke and mirrors just to get a bare majority of a supposedly representative sample to indicate they wouldn't support Trump if he is convicted? And why would there be a difference in the support results between just convicted and in jail - aren't they indicative of the same thing? Or does that indicate even among such a spurious sample a distinction will be made between convicted in kangaroo court or convicted after appeals are exhausted

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom