Not open for further replies.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Now do McConnell and AZ
    Ok, so you admit 2018 was a disaster that should have resulted in a course correction by Trump?

And you really think Masters could have won with more money in his campaign? Where were his two Billionaire buddies Thiel and Trump?

Where were the donors that Masters lined up? If Masters only raised $15M on his own and only $3.8M from small contributors (vs his opponent Kelly who raised $89M and $38M from small contributions) you think that's a candidate to dump money on?

Let that sink in, Kelly had 10X the amount of donations in <$200 contributions that Masters got. There was no grassroots support for Masters, just Thiel and Trump money in the primary, then they abandoned him.

And so it's McConnell's fault!?!?!?

And and guess you'll also admit that McConnell's PAC outspent Trump's PAC 10X in supporting Trump's hand-picked candidates in OH, PA and GA, while Trump kept the vast majority of his MAGA Super PAC money for himself.

McConnell spent every dime of his PAC in 2022. Who should he have taken money "away from" to give to Masters?

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    An excerpt of a part I wish to comment on is not 'edited' there, Cowboy Bob. It is a direct quote
    You mean like the MSM selected "excerpts" of "direct quotes" from Trump to make it seem like he advocated injecting bleach for COVID... which listening to the full answer or r3eading the transcripts is a complete fiction? You mean that kind of "excerpting" "direct quotes".

Yeah... same-same

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Anybody But Trump

try to keep up
    You and your cohort seem to think that anyone who doesn't want Trump will accept literally anyone else. Where'd you get that wacky idea? I know I've never said or intimated that... and I don't recall anyone else even hinting at that other then you Trumper's strawman ****

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    I was suggesting that perhaps he had more existential things to worry about, but you knew that
    See my recent answer (after your post) to Mike... the impeachment occurred AFTER THREE YEARS IN OFFICE. You know, 75% of his first term was over... that he could have been building coalitions...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    And neither can whatever CoCrublican you think should be given the job. You can't browbeat the Trumpers' into line because we are used to slogging through bull****
    every. single.day.

If you think you can do it without us, have at it - I could use the entertainment
    This is an odd reply. This sounds like you’re literally pouting. I say you can’t do it on your own. There aren’t enough Trumpers. That’s objectively true and you know it. Instead of acknowledging that reality you pout and pretend you’re so oppressed by people voicing doubts about Trump. You imagine I’m trying to whip you in line or something.

Where do you get browbeating from. Really? How about you address the points made instead hiding behind some feigned oppression. There is no line I expect you to toe. You vote for who you think is best in the primary. I’ll vote for whomever I think is best. By May 2024, that might be Trump. There may not be anyone any more viable left.

If you don’t like being accused of making it about the person and not about the policy, your reply here is not helping you. If you don’t like being told Trump’s faults, make reasonable counterpoints. Pouting doesn’t address those points.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Anybody change their mind yet?
    No, but it's sure helping my post count :)

ETA: And it is a good exercise for me - re-hashing all of the baggage the Trump brings with him, all of the missed opportunities, all of the Barney-Fife self-foot shots, all of the EGO trumps winning... it all reinforces that I'm making the right decision about Trump. If someone in the primary can bring the Trump policies without the Trump baggage and a proven ability to get the right things done while squarely in MSM's big-bore sights to bring him/her down, then they might get my vote.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    McConnell spent every dime of his PAC in 2022. Who should he have taken money "away from" to give to Masters?
    Murkowski, because a republican was going to win that race no matter what, he just couldn't tolerate that it might not be one to HIS liking

And McConnell indeed did pull support already allocated

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    This is an odd reply. This sounds like you’re literally pouting. I say you can’t do it on your own. There aren’t enough Trumpers. That’s objectively true and you know it. Instead of acknowledging that reality you pout and pretend you’re so oppressed by people voicing doubts about Trump. You imagine I’m trying to whip you in line or something.

Where do you get browbeating from. Really? How about you address the points made instead hiding behind some feigned oppression. There is no line I expect you to toe. You vote for who you think is best in the primary. I’ll vote for whomever I think is best. By May 2024, that might be Trump. There may not be anyone any more viable left.

If you don’t like being accused of making it about the person and not about the policy, your reply here is not helping you. If you don’t like being told Trump’s faults, make reasonable counterpoints. Pouting doesn’t address those points.
    I think it is self evident. You say we can't do it alone and I say neither can you, but apparently you either can't admit that or think you CAN get it done without the base. Good luck

Weren't you just blathering about address the point made rather than go for character assassination? That didn't last long

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Wasn't Trump being investigated and impeached the first time during that period? Was that somehow related to something Trump did (besides be a populist) so that he deserved/earned that in your 'mind'?

Perhaps if you wanted a rational, worthwhile comparison it would be better to look at how Clinton did in the midterms after he beat his rap
    See my recent answer (after your post) to Mike... the impeachment occurred AFTER THREE YEARS IN OFFICE. You know, 75% of his first term was over... that he could have been building coalitions...
    How much of those three years was he under investigation (with the intent to impeach)? Do you think distracting him from governing/'forming winning coalitions' was the intention?

Do you understand the concept of 'and'?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think it is self evident. You say we can't do it alone and I say neither can you, but apparently you either can't admit that or think you CAN get it done without the base. Good luck

Weren't you just blathering about
    address the point made rather than go for character assassination? That didn't last long
    Nope. See. You either don't read, don't pay attention, or take in stuff and read between lines that aren't there. I'm pretty sure I said you should address the points instead of hiding behind your feigned oppression.

Anyway, I’ve already addressed that in some other post where I said something to the effect of growing the tent. It's assumed Trump supporters are at least a plurality of the different factions of people who might vote Republican. Non-Trumpers obviously can't get it done either. I thought we resolved that back when you first said you're tired of playing and will take your football home.

That's when I realized that it's about the person. What you said about burning it down for spite or whatever made that obvious. It's Trump way more than it is policy. It's Trump or no one. Am I wrong? Because I'd like to be wrong about that.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Murkowski, because a republican was going to win that race no matter what, he just couldn't tolerate that it might not be one to HIS liking

And McConnell indeed did pull support already allocated
    Ok, since you didn't address it, I'll assume that concur that McConnell's PAC spent $135M (something like 60%) of his warchest on Vance, Oz and Walker while Trump only spent 1/10th of that (and about 15% of his PAC warchest) on those three and Masters. And that while McConnell spent ALL of his funds on the 2022 election, Trump KEPT about 60% ($57M) of his MAGA PAC funds for himself.

You also didn't address that Masters only raised $3.8M in small donations, 1/10th the $38M his opponent did... and indicator he was a weak candidate. And Trump only gave him $3.8M while keeping $57M for himself.

So, yup, McConnell pulled $10M of late money from Masters... likely internal polling showed him losing by more than ad buys could make up. IIRC, it went over to one of the other 3 candidates or NC, I don't remember and am too lazy to look up, but I think it was Oz after his debate. The final vote tallies indicate that Masters was the weakest of those 4 candidates versus their opponents as he lost by 5%.

I do agree with you that the money against Murkowski's opponent, who was another Republican, is not what donor to his PAC would want. I know zero about Kelly Tshibaka. Perhaps Murkowski knows where Mitch keeps his cocaine... I'm not a fan of the ***** from Alaska. I also don't think that $6M would have changed the AZ results. And. I also think that if internal polling had shown AZ as close enough to win, Mitch would have spent money there.... I have 135 Million reasons to think so...

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    How much of those three years was he under investigation (with the intent to impeach)? Do you think distracting him from governing/'forming winning coalitions' was the intention?

Do you understand the concept of 'and'?
    The peepee memos were just an excuse to go on a fishing trip... that yielded nothing. And it never would have happened if Trump had cleaned house on Day 1... the way every other ****ing President does. All of the pre-Mueller stuff was FBI/DOJ HQ politicos, not field FBI/DOJ. He thought he could make them like him.

The whole Republican party (except Romney channeling McCain's diva ghost) supported him. McConnell stiff-armed the Dems wish for a dog-and-pony show and told them to bring the evidence from their House investigation to the Senate trial... and the Senators were mute jurors.

Did Trump return any of that goodwill and party unity? Nope!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If that were true you would understand the enduring appeal of Trump, but you don't
    I do understand it. I keep saying it. You keep not hearing it. When it's a president it has consequences. Politics in a democratic republic is about coalitions. You alienate everyone but your base and the people who might have sided with you, go to the other side or just stay home on election day.

I've said I'm probably gonna support someone else in the primaries because I don't think Trump can win. It's because he acts like an ***hole and turns off many voters that he needs. I find Trump's behavior entertaining, and it's not because *I* find his behavior offensive. It's because it's ****ing up the chances to dispatch Democrats in 2024.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC

Weren't you just blathering about address the point made rather than go for character assassination? That didn't last long
    Other than me, and I've stated my reasons that have nothing to do with feelz, lol, I'm pretty sure every other conservative posting on this thread has said they'll vote for whoever the Republican nominee is, even if it's Trump.

But that's not good enough.

You and other Trumpers won't say the same... even if it's not Trump. In fact, you've said the opposite, if it's not Trump, you're sitting it out.

That do sound like pouting.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom