• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    See my recent answer (after your post) to Mike... the impeachment occurred AFTER THREE YEARS IN OFFICE. You know, 75% of his first term was over... that he could have been building coalitions...
    More revisionist history, the dems ran on impeachment and you are using the formal dates to pretend nothing was going on prior to that.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    And it never would have happened if Trump had cleaned house on Day 1... the way every other ****ing President does.
    But wait, there‘s more…. (Revisionist history, that is.)

This is just not historically accurate. Even the swamp did not like obummer cleaning house. Full house cleanings are rare.

I agree Trump should have, and likely he would agree himself in hindsight. There are two points to add to this, first, the DJT that was inaugurated had hopes of forming these coalition’s you so revere and extended the olive branch by having a somewhat bipartisan cabinet. Second, after it became clear both parties were scorched earth toward him, where is he supposed to get qualified cabinet and staff outside of the parties that run DC? The later was a huge problem,

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

This is just not historically accurate. Even the swamp did not like obummer cleaning house. Full house cleanings are rare.

I agree Trump should have, and likely he would agree himself in hindsight. There are two points to add to this, first, the DJT that was inaugurated had hopes of forming this coalition’s you so revere and extended the olive branch by having a somewhat bipartisan cabinet. Second, after it became clear both parties were scorched earth toward him, where is he supposed to get qualified cabinet and staff outside of the parties that run DC? The later was a huge problem,
    I agree as well that Trump originally wanted to extend a hand and attempt to work with others up until they slapped that hand away and started to attack him. Things changed after that and Trump started to fight back.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC

Perhaps I mis-remember, I'll go back and look... I remember when Obama swept the politicos as the conversation being wait... why you fine with that when there were howls when W did the same thing... which was the same thing that Clinton did... Not so much for George H W since the previous administration (Reagan) was not the opposing political party... but Reagan sure cleared out Carter's dufus's.

Anyhow, that's how I remember it, the only "real" howling was from the left when W, properly and normally, IMO, cleaned house of Dem political appointees. (IIRC, there were a token or two he kept)

I agree Trump should have, and likely he would agree himself in hindsight. There are two points to add to this, first, the DJT that was inaugurated had hopes of forming these coalition’s you so revere and extended the olive branch by having a somewhat bipartisan cabinet. Second, after it became clear both parties were scorched earth toward him, where is he supposed to get qualified cabinet and staff outside of the parties that run DC? The later was a huge problem,
    Some true, some not so much, but one place in particular was the FBI and Comey. He proved himself a Dem political warrior when he stepped outside of his lane to "clear" Hillary of her server crimes and absolve those around her for the cover-up and destruction of evidence.

Ditto the peepee memo "leak"... Before he even took the oath, it was obvious the ploy to "brief" him on, then leak that he was briefed on it so it would become "news".

Comey and all of the intelligence/security apparatus politicos should have went day 1... said it then, say it again.

Want to attempt bridge building? That's what housing and agriculture are for. :)

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Some true, some not so much, but one place in particular was the FBI and Comey. He proved himself a Dem political warrior when he stepped outside of his lane to "clear" Hillary of her server crimes and absolve those around her for the cover-up and destruction of evidence.
    Yet he then sent the letter in late Oct about more emails, which hit the news just before the election.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    That's when I realized that it's about the person. What you said about burning it down for spite or whatever made that obvious. It's Trump way more than it is policy. It's Trump or no one. Am I wrong? Because I'd like to be wrong about that.
    You were wrong. I was vote for the nominee whoever it is until you gave a pass to those who won't vote for Trump even if he is the nominee because; feelings

Why should I participate in a pact that has no upside for me

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Jamil will you please say something to those that won't vote for Trump even if he is the nominee to make Bug feel better?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The peepee memos were just an excuse to go on a fishing trip... that yielded nothing. And it never would have happened if Trump had cleaned house on Day 1... the way every other ****ing President does.
    All of the pre-Mueller stuff was FBI/DOJ HQ politicos, not field FBI/DOJ. He thought he could make them like him.
    Mueller was appointed special counsel on 17 May 2017, which is hardly the 'He had three years to create a winning coalition' that you make it out to be. That was the point I was making, he only had 5 months, not 3 years and he was fighting co-ordinated efforts to damage him even longer than those five months, from pre-election
    The whole Republican party (except Romney channeling McCain's diva ghost) supported him. McConnell stiff-armed the Dems wish for a dog-and-pony show and told them to bring the evidence from their House investigation to the Senate trial... and the Senators were mute jurors.

Did Trump return any of that goodwill and party unity? Nope!
    You spelled 'grudging bare minimum of support' wrong - or perhaps you have a novel definition of what goodwill means. It seems you are aware that the many institutional maneuvers and attacks were designed to make it difficult if not impossible for him to govern effectively as well as discourage people from joining his administration or destroy them if they did. But it seems that you are surprised they were effective, hence why I see the 'Trump didn't fix everything, he should have done more' trope as scratching an itch you already had

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Other than me, and I've stated my reasons that have nothing to do with feelz, lol, I'm pretty sure every other conservative posting on this thread has said they'll vote for whoever the Republican nominee is, even if it's Trump.

But that's not good enough.

You and other Trumpers won't say the same... even if it's not Trump. In fact, you've said the opposite, if it's not Trump, you're sitting it out.

That do sound like pouting.
    I had said when challenged just after 2020 that I would support the nominee and would have done so if they were also not tolerant of views like yours. Why is it necessary for only some of us to pledge to support the nominee, whoever it is?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Jamil will you please say something to those that won't vote for Trump even if he is the nominee to make Bug feel better?
    Or better yet, criticize consistently - otherwise it looks like you won't criticize such lack of fealty to 'the nominee über allies' because you approve of it, and that just isn't conducive to that coalition you want to build

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You were wrong. I was vote for the nominee whoever it is until you gave a pass to those who won't vote for Trump even if he is the nominee because; feelings

Why should I participate in a pact that has no upside for me
    I guess I’m flattered that I can affect your vote? And I even did it passively by not attacking people who say they’re not voting for Trump.

Hey. Wait a minute. Is that what they mean when they say so and so is living in someone’s head rent free? I wasn’t even trying.

I’ve never attacked you for wanting to vote for Trump. And you want me to attack someone else for their choice? Maybe for a Democrat I would.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Okay. Fine. Shame be upon you SD4L for not voting for the republican nominee if Trump wins the primaries.

Does that work? Was there anyone else? Foz? You too?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I had said when challenged just after 2020 that I would support the nominee and would have done so if they were also not tolerant of views like yours. Why is it necessary for only some of us to pledge to support the nominee, whoever it is?
    I mean. It’s not a pledge. I asked that question I think in this thread a while back because I was trying to decide about the origin of your loyalties.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Well, it looks like there is a fat chance to form a coalition around agreeing to vote for whomever the nominee is that is pitted up against the Democrats.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom