• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I know nothing about her, looks like I may have to read up on her.

On a side note, a show on the Blaze mentioned today Tulsi has been seen at Mar A Largo a couple times the last few weeks. It would not surprise me if she were also on the short list.
    I think this topic certainly becomes more interesting going forward now that it's looking more like Trump has the nomination in the bag. Can't wait to see who he picks and what the reactions will be.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Okay. I call. Show your cards. Put up or shut up. Show your grand evidence of loyalty to a guy.

Honestly, it looks to me like if KG1 has a guy, it's probably Trump, but not to the devotional level that he can't call out bad behavior when he sees it. And if DeSantis is my guy, I'm really horrible at this loyalty to "my guy" thing. I don't think I've praised anything DeSantis has done in weeks. If so, it was forgettable. And I've laid several criticisms.

Here's what not having a guy looks like. I was impressed with what DeSantis did in FL, notwithstanding the idiotic Disney thing. But overall I thought well of him as POTUS. He's a competent administrator. So when he announced, I thought, okay, let's see what happens during the campaign, and if I'm still impressed with him I'll vote for him in May if he's still around. Well, let's just say at this point I'm less impressed with him now. Especially in the last few weeks.

Using the information available in real time to continually update opinions about candidates is what not having a guy looks like. I went from thinking I might vote for DeSantis in May to eh, maybe not.

Having an opinion about the candidate up front, and ignoring the information in real time that's not positive, is what having a guy looks like. No doubt about it, Trump is your guy. I'm not trying to change your mind about that. He's your guy. That's fine. You do you. But claiming I have a guy, especially to hold together your claim of hypocrisy, is just bull ****.
    So why do you care so much about me pointing out the fact that a septuagenerian from Ohio equalled DeSantis' signature feat., signature because it was brought up so many times as if it signified something, of 'winning his state by 19 points' - and DeWine did it on his first election (DeSantis had a 1.4 point win in his first). Why all the smoke and mirrors to try to say that that was different? Ohio has been a purple state turning slowly redder, we've had a split senate delegation at least since Metzenbaum. Kasichs first win was only by 2 points

I submit that you feel DeSantis is being unfairly criticized and having every thing he does interpreted in the most unflattering way possible (Trump supporters of course feel your pain), and the fact you can't just let it go is the mark of someone who indeed has a guy and feels the need to defend him. I don't expect you or miniYe to admit it because claiming you don't have a guy lets you criticize anyone else's choice without having to defend your own

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Well it appears that someone seems to conveniently forget that DeSantis flipped traditionally solid blue districts that were once thought not to be possible which contributed to that 19-point margin of victory and brought back Fla. towards being a stable red state again.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Well it appears that someone seems to conveniently forget that DeSantis flipped traditionally solid blue districts that were once thought not to be possible which contributed to that 19-point margin of victory and brought back Fla. towards being a stable red state again.
    Florida has had nothing but Republican governors since Jeb Bush's second run for the job. If you search on the gubernatorial election by year, wikipedia will show a map of which counties went blue and which ones went red. Then you can step through subsequent elections with the arrows at the top of the turnout information and you can see the state turning more and more red since 1998 ¡Jeb! made it stick, cool story though

And once again, the need to defend DeSantis' 'accomplishment' doesn't uphold the 'you don't have a guy' narrative very well :cool:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

"Florida’s tenure as a purple state is over."

Tuesday night confirmed it as Florida re-elected Ron DeSantis as governor, Ashley Moody as Attorney General, Jimmy Patronis as the state’s new CFO, and Wilton Simpson as Commissioner of Agriculture.

DeSantis beat his opponent, former Governor Charlie Crist, by a wide margin. Eight different counties that voted blue in 2018 flipped red this time around including Pinellas and Hillsborough. “What we have in the state now is from top to bottom, clearly a single party majority,” explained Anthony Brunello, political science professor at Eckerd College. “What that’s going to allow them to do is bypass a lot of procedural rules with the passing of legislation. They don’t have to bring any other party for discussion or get their concurrence for setting up the legislative agenda on a regular bases.”

Republicans gained supermajorities in both the Florida House of Representatives and the Senate. “These are opportunities for the Republican Party to basically move very very quickly on large-scale policy agendas,” Brunello said. Recently redistricted congressional districts also saw big GOP wins Tuesday night.

Last edited:

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Florida has had nothing but Republican governors since Jeb Bush's second run for the job. If you search on the gubernatorial election by year, wikipedia will show a map of which counties went blue and which ones went red. Then you can step through subsequent elections with the arrows at the top of the turnout information and you can see the state turning more and more red since 1998 ¡Jeb! made it stick, cool story though

So we owe Florida turning red to Jeb Bush is that what I am reading? Or maybe the ultra conservative Republican Charlie Crist who followed the savior of Florida Jeb Bush?

This is not my battle, but when I read Jeb made Florida the red state it is today, thats kind of an attention getter.

96058532-55b4-4a8f-bd83-bcdfede6f4d0_text.gif

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Edit: This refers to #2286

You are free to believe what you will about your guy's 'historic' victory

Kasich's first win as Ohio governor in 2010 was by only 2 points and 25 counties, including the big city strongholds around Toledo, Cleveland and Youngstown as well as those in southeast Ohio, went democrat

His second win in 2014 was by 30.6 points and only two counties in SE Ohio went democrat while all of the 'deep blue' big city counties went republican

OMG! Kasich turned even deep blue areas red! Even way back then he out-DeSantised DeSantis, but his momentous victory was never acknowledged. He was even more betterer than Sanders! :rofl:

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So we owe Florida turning red to Jeb Bush is that what I am reading? Or maybe the ultra conservative Republican Charlie Crist who followed the savior of Florida Jeb Bush?

This is not my battle, but when I read Jeb made Florida the red state it is today, thats kind of an attention getter.

96058532-55b4-4a8f-bd83-bcdfede6f4d0_text.gif
    Maybe just go look at the county level red/blue maps in the wiki

Start here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_Florida_gubernatorial_election

Step through each election. Watch the blue counties turn red (and sometimes back again). Jeb merely got the ball rolling

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Edit: This refers to #2286

You are free to believe what you will about your guy's 'historic' victory

Kasich's first win as Ohio governor in 2010 was by only 2 points and 25 counties, including the big city strongholds around Toledo, Cleveland and Youngstown as well as those in southeast Ohio, went democrat

His second win in 2014 was by 30.6 points and only two counties in SE Ohio went democrat while all of the 'deep blue' big city counties went republican

OMG! Kasich turned even deep blue areas red! Even way back then he out-DeSantised DeSantis, but his momentous victory was never acknowledged. He was even more betterer than Sanders! :rofl:
    Hey, you were trying to dismiss what I said as a "cool story" like I had made it up. I then brought the receipt to back up exactly what I said. Deal with it Artful Dodger.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Now let's address this "MyGuy" bull**** for a minute. I haven't contended like I did early on that DeSantis might be a viable candidate this go around worth consideration for quite a while now. I'm not delusional and that hasn't nor will it change.

But that doesn't mean I'm just gonna sit Idly by and not challenge someone who continues to dismiss his undeniable successful record in getting Fla back on the right track again by the time of his 2022 reelection campaign which he won handily.

No matter how you slice it there is no denying it and the article I posted bears that out. DeSantis did his job well for the GOP in the State of Fla in his first term which in turn got him reelected by a substantial margin. It was a successful accomplishment.

Naysaying deniers can take a hike.

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Just to address this "MyGuy" bull**** I haven't contended that DeSantis is a viable candidate for quite a while now but that doesn't mean I'm just gonna sit Idly by and let someone continue to dismiss whole cloth his undeniable successful record in getting Fla back on the right track again. No matter what is said there is no denying it and the article that I posted proves it.
    I don't like DeSantis, I don't necessarily agree with him, but gosh darn it, the guy makes things happen.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I know nothing about her, looks like I may have to read up on her.

On a side note, a show on the Blaze mentioned today Tulsi has been seen at Mar A Largo a couple times the last few weeks. It would not surprise me if she were also on the short list.

That would be the ideal ticket.

I've followed Tulsi for a lot of years, she has baggage from being a democrat for a long time, but she's started seeing the light in the past 5-8 years.

If you want someone genuinely independent and effectively ousted from politics by the uniparty, she's a very notable one.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So why do you care so much about me pointing out the fact that a septuagenerian from Ohio equalled DeSantis' signature feat., signature because it was brought up so many times as if it signified something, of 'winning his state by 19 points' - and DeWine did it on his first election (DeSantis had a 1.4 point win in his first). Why all the smoke and mirrors to try to say that that was different? Ohio has been a purple state turning slowly redder, we've had a split senate delegation at least since Metzenbaum. Kasichs first win was only by 2 points

I think you have me confused with someone who gives a **** about this DeWine vs DeSantis bull ****. What I've been talking about is your desperate attempts to save the "my guy" narrative. I guess you need me to give a **** about DeWine to make that play.

I submit that you feel DeSantis is being unfairly criticized and having every thing he does interpreted in the most unflattering way possible (Trump supporters of course feel your pain), and the fact you can't just let it go is the mark of someone who indeed has a guy and feels the need to defend him. I don't expect you or miniYe to admit it because claiming you don't have a guy lets you criticize anyone else's choice without having to defend your own

More narrative building? It's a kinder gentler way of saying strawmanning.

I don't think you have a reading comprehension problem. I think you just don't bother reading what I post. You just gaze at the paragraphs and imagine what you wanted me to have said, then rush to hit the reply button to lodge your complaints against your own imagination.

Your submission is completely false, and anyone who's actually read my posts can easily see that. I do defend what I think are unfair criticisms of whoever. DeSantis. Trump. Ramaswamy. You. I've also criticized the same. We all make our own judgments and we're all on the political subforum of INGO to talk about it. I make some judgements you don't like and you take it personally.

So what my posts have been about have nothing to do with the DeWine vs DeSantis spat you guys are having. The subject of my posts are this nonsensical fantacy you have of "my guy". No one with any objectivity could say that DeSantis is my guy. It's absurd on its face.

The mark of someone with "a guy" is that they defend their guy against all criticisms, they rationalize all points against. They ignore all facts which support a critical view. The mark of a person without a guy, both criticizes and defends the points that warrant criticism and defense. Of course those criticisms and defenses can be argued. But you mostly don't do that. You argue against points not made. Like the above post.

I have mostly stayed out of your spat with KG1 on "the stiff" vs shoe guy. Because I don't give a **** about that part of the conversation other than the part where you need that to assert evidence that DeSantis is 'my guy'. So here's my take on DeWine vs DeSantis. Dewine isn't running. He'd poll down there with Asa Hutchinson if he did. DeSantis, as it turns out, probably shouldn't have ran. He's polling not a lot above zero now. He's basically down to stalward neverTrumpers as his only support.

But, pushing that conversation is irrelevant unless you're desperately trying to claw out an ounce of retribution because people say stuff you don't like on the internet.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I think you have me confused with someone who gives a **** about this DeWine vs DeSantis bull ****. What I've been talking about is your desperate attempts to save the "my guy" narrative. I guess you need me to give a **** about DeWine to make that play.

More narrative building? It's a kinder gentler way of saying strawmanning.

I don't think you have a reading comprehension problem. I think you just don't bother reading what I post. You just gaze at the paragraphs and imagine what you wanted me to have said, then rush to hit the reply button to lodge your complaints against your own imagination.

Your submission is completely false, and anyone who's actually read my posts can easily see that. I do defend what I think are unfair criticisms of whoever. DeSantis. Trump. Ramaswamy. You. I've also criticized the same. We all make our own judgments and we're all on the political subforum of INGO to talk about it. I make some judgements you don't like and you take it personally.

So what my posts have been about have nothing to do with the DeWine vs DeSantis spat you guys are having. The subject of my posts are this nonsensical fantacy you have of "my guy". No one with any objectivity could say that DeSantis is my guy. It's absurd on its face.

The mark of someone with "a guy" is that they defend their guy against all criticisms, they rationalize all points against. They ignore all facts which support a critical view. The mark of a person without a guy, both criticizes and defends the points that warrant criticism and defense. Of course those criticisms and defenses can be argued. But you mostly don't do that. You argue against points not made. Like the above post.

I have mostly stayed out of your spat with KG1 on "the stiff" vs shoe guy. Because I don't give a **** about that part of the conversation other than the part where you need that to assert evidence that DeSantis is 'my guy'. So here's my take on DeWine vs DeSantis. Dewine isn't running. He'd poll down there with Asa Hutchinson if he did. DeSantis, as it turns out, probably shouldn't have ran. He's polling not a lot above zero now. He's basically down to stalward neverTrumpers as his only support.

But, pushing that conversation is irrelevant unless you're desperately trying to claw out an ounce of retribution because people say stuff you don't like on the internet.
    "DeWine is'nt running" has been my point all along. So why try to impose him and his record into the discussion as if he were other than for self-gratification. I happen to think it's absurd to make a comparison of those that are'nt even running against each other.

I don't have an issue with DeWine and his record. I'm sure he's done a fine job for the GOP in the State of OH. just like DeSantis has in FL. There's no need to bash either one because they both have a record of successful accomplishments that stand alone in their own right.

I only mentioned him and his record to illustrate the point of how absurd it is to make those comparisons when I compared Huckabee Sanders to DeWine and said she was beating the pants off of him. It doesn't even matter because they too are not running against each other to warrant that comparison.

Apparently, Trump is the one that has an issue with DeWine. I certainly don't.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom