• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Here. Cuddle up and go have a nap. Maybe when you wake up you can have some milk and cookies.

1705779346733.png

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    This back and forth insult fest isn't very productive but it sure is fun.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Yeah, the strategy seems to be being mouthy around the margins, when the adults are talking, and then proclaiming innocence when attention turns to you

Carry on!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    For someone whose guy isn't DeSantis, you seem awfully ... aggravated ... by receiving a small dose of the sort of treatment Trump supporters have had to put up with for YEARS

Cue the 'I never said or did exactly that' deflection

Drink up now!

Oh, no, no. Not letting you get away with that. You have a habit of reinterpreting what was said in a way that you can easily attack, usually to promote some claim of hypocrisy. You also do it in a disingenuous way. Meaning, the person would not thing reinterpretation represents what he intended to say.

You've tried this same lame claim of hypocrisy on me, so I feel I can respond to this post. For myself, I've consistently expressed the position that I think DeSantis is a more competent administrator than Trump, and that if he's still viable in May, I'd probably vote for him.

I've also expressed disappointment and criticisms of DeSantis, all along. I've probably been more critical than praising in the past several weeks as DeSantis becomes more and more disappointing.

I am not suggesting you can't have a guy. I think it's better not to. But you do you. Point is, if DeSantis were my guy, I'm doing a way better job of being objective about his faults than you are of Trump. The fact is, DeSantis isn't my guy and never was, because I do not believe in politicians. At one point I thought I would vote for him if he's still viable in May. Not so sure now even if he's still in the race.

Okay. So if you are posting in good faith, this should be obvious by now. But in case it isn't obvious, and somehow, astonishingly, you still think there is anything left to indicate DeSantis is "my guy", especially in the same way Trump is yours (you know, 'cause it would have to be to create the equivalence you need to claim hypocrisy), then fine. You now stand corrected. At least as far as I'm concerned. You're doing the same thing with KG1 that you do with me. Leave it to KG1 to tell you if DeSantis is his guy or not.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Yeah, the strategy seems to be being mouthy around the margins, when the adults are talking, and then proclaiming innocence when attention turns to you

Carry on!
    You getting frosty bro? You don't seem to have a problem with injecting yourself into a discussion getting all mouthy with the insults. That's your MO.

Carry on you adult!

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Carry on!
    Okay. I call. Show your cards. Put up or shut up. Show your grand evidence of loyalty to a guy.

Honestly, it looks to me like if KG1 has a guy, it's probably Trump, but not to the devotional level that he can't call out bad behavior when he sees it. And if DeSantis is my guy, I'm really horrible at this loyalty to "my guy" thing. I don't think I've praised anything DeSantis has done in weeks. If so, it was forgettable. And I've laid several criticisms.

Here's what not having a guy looks like. I was impressed with what DeSantis did in FL, notwithstanding the idiotic Disney thing. But overall I thought well of him as POTUS. He's a competent administrator. So when he announced, I thought, okay, let's see what happens during the campaign, and if I'm still impressed with him I'll vote for him in May if he's still around. Well, let's just say at this point I'm less impressed with him now. Especially in the last few weeks.

Using the information available in real time to continually update opinions about candidates is what not having a guy looks like. I went from thinking I might vote for DeSantis in May to eh, maybe not.

Having an opinion about the candidate up front, and ignoring the information in real time that's not positive, is what having a guy looks like. No doubt about it, Trump is your guy. I'm not trying to change your mind about that. He's your guy. That's fine. You do you. But claiming I have a guy, especially to hold together your claim of hypocrisy, is just bull ****.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Boy if I had to bet, I would say it sure looks like Stefaniak is most likely high on the short list for a VP running mate. She has said multiple times when asked the question that she would be honored to serve in any capacity in a Trump admin.

I think If Trump is convinced of her total loyalty, then I can see her as a possible shoe-in.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Boy if I had to bet, I would say it sure looks like Stefaniak is most likely high on the short list for a VP running mate. She has said multiple times when asked the question that she would be honored to serve in any capacity in a Trump admin.

I think If Trump is convinced of her total loyalty, then I can see her as a possible shoe-in.

Well. Can a NY Republican be America first? This feels like another move to put in establishment built in Trump mitigation like Pence. Didn't he convince Trump of his loyalty?

Speaking of, I don't want anyone to be so loyal that they'd do something they think is wrong, to uphold their loyalty.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Well. Can a NY Republican be America first? This feels like another move to put in establishment built in Trump mitigation like Pence. Didn't he convince Trump of his loyalty?

Speaking of, I don't want anyone to be so loyal that they'd do something they think is wrong, to uphold their loyalty.
    Well, it is true that she talks a lot like an AF maven now but she used to be more accommodating to a centrist GOP party establishment position, one of compromise and cooperation.

It will indeed be fascinating if Trump would set all of that past aside and chose her as a running mate now that she seems to be onboard with extolling the MAGA virtues.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    This is an example of what she was once considered to be in her past. I still believe that she would likely be high on the list for her come to MAGA turnaround now in spite of it.

"Elise Stefanik was not always a MAGA warrior." like Gaetz and MTG.

"She was a prominent member of the moderate Tuesday Group, a caucus of center-right Republicans. And she was widely credited for a bipartisan spirit—”Every Democrat’s favorite Republican,” as one former aide to GOP leadership put it"

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Time is catching up to Trump. It’s clear that he’s not the same guy that ran in 2016. Who he chooses as his VP this time around is much more important than it was 8 years ago. S/he is more likely to have to take over as Trump ages out. We’d all better hope he picks a conservative/liberty minded person than some moderate that is palatable to the centrists RINO branch of the party.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Looks like I'm not the only one thinking that Stefanik. might be high on the list. It's been reported that Trump has been bringing her name up a lot lately in many circles.

Even Steve Bannon thinks she is high on the list as well.

“Stefanik is at the top,” said Steve Bannon, who was Trump’s chief strategist in the White House and the architect of his 2016 campaign strategy.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Time is catching up to Trump. It’s clear that he’s not the same guy that ran in 2016. Who he chooses as his VP this time around is much more important than it was 8 years ago. S/he is more likely to have to take over as Trump ages out. We’d all better hope he picks a conservative/liberty minded person than some moderate that is palatable to the centrists RINO branch of the party.
    According to one source in the article that I previously posted Trump seems to think she has what it takes going beyond 2024. She seems to be making a good impression on him reportedly throughout the article.

"Trump has consistently remarked about is how good she’d be as a VP,” this person explained.

"Trump has long talked about Stefanik’s prospects for higher office, telling attendees at a Mar-a-Lago fundraiser two years ago, attended by Stefanik, that after 2024 she could be the next president, confirmed the chairman of Conservative Party in New York state, Gerry Kassar."

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    According to one source in the article that I previously posted Trump seems to think she has what it takes going beyond 2024. She seems to be making a good impression on him reportedly throughout the article.

"Trump has consistently remarked about is how good she’d be as a VP,” this person explained.

"Trump has long talked about Stefanik’s prospects for higher office, telling attendees at a Mar-a-Lago fundraiser two years ago, attended by Stefanik, that after 2024 she could be the next president, confirmed the chairman of Conservative Party in New York state, Gerry Kassar."
    Oh I think she’s what the establishment Republican Party wants.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Oh I think she’s what the establishment Republican Party wants.
    Well, it remains to be seen if he will pick her. He sure has reportedly been bringing her name up a lot lately. If he does choose her as VP then it would appear that he also believes she could be his replacement in 2028 and endorse her as such if she does a good loyal job defending him and advancing his policies within his administration. If he didn't going into 2028 then that would bring into question his loyalty in return for hers.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Trump appears to have put to rest the idea that Haley will be chosen as a VP running mate. The author of the post suggests that it was a gaslighting effort by the DeSantis campaign that Trump would pick Haley as his running mate.

Trump says that "Haley is ok but not presidential timber and in saying that it probably means that she will not be chosen as the VP."

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I know nothing about her, looks like I may have to read up on her.

On a side note, a show on the Blaze mentioned today Tulsi has been seen at Mar A Largo a couple times the last few weeks. It would not surprise me if she were also on the short list.

Top Bottom