66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    1) Reality is, Trump said he had no intention of making mexico pay for the wall. There is no amount of "well, he could have..." that you can do to save that. Doesn't even matter what caused him to say that. Either he was lying then, or he's lying now. But only you care. I don't care if he was or wasn't. You tried to argue to support something that wasn't real.

2) And you can knock it off on the Hegel stuff. You didn't get it then, and you only use it as a Fischer Price foam hammer now.
    1) But you never bother to go little deeper, it's 'Trump is a liar' or 'Trump is a moron' or 'Trump is a narcissist' and that's that. Has it occurred to you that Trump had substantial support from Hispanics in the past and is polling even better now and he could be being more careful about alienating that group of voters because he has realized that he will need all the votes he can get to beat the margin of cheating. Perhaps stopping illegal immigration is still resonating with Hispanics while penalizing Mexico is not polling so well. I think you just get a bit of schadenfreude from tweaking Trumpers because your own guy who wasn't your guy flamed out faster than Evil jumping the Snake River

2) Thesis, Antithesis, Synthesis is overly optimistic. More like Thesis, Antithesis, Mortal Combat

And just for you, finding this warmed my heart:

Scroll down to the interactive table. DeSantis is ranked 22nd, one below DeWine

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I think during a Trump rally in the 2016 campaign, Trump talks about the wall, then throws it out there he’ll make Mexico pay for it. The crowd loves it so he starts making it a part of the stump speech and it becomes a “campaign promise. Then 7 years later he admits he never intended to actually make Mexico pay for the wall. No wild ass assumptions needed.
    Trump changed his tune from a definitive campaign promise of Mexico "will" pay for the wall into saying that he said Mexico will "help" fund the wall.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    1) But you never bother to go little deeper, it's 'Trump is a liar' or 'Trump is a moron' or 'Trump is a narcissist' and that's that. Has it occurred to you that Trump had substantial support from Hispanics in the past and is polling even better now and he could be being more careful about alienating that group of voters because he has realized that he will need all the votes he can get to beat the margin of cheating. Perhaps stopping illegal immigration is still resonating with Hispanics while penalizing Mexico is not polling so well. I think you just get a bit of schadenfreude from tweaking Trumpers because your own guy who wasn't your guy flamed out faster than Evil jumping the Snake River

2) Thesis, Antithesis, Synthesis is overly optimistic. More like Thesis, Antithesis, Mortal Combat

And just for you, finding this warmed my heart:

Scroll down to the interactive table. DeSantis is ranked 22nd, one below DeWine
    Is this the same DeWine who Trump called a "stiff" that he is finished with?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    "DeWine has fallen to the Radical Left. No wonder he gets loudly booed in Ohio every time I introduce him at Rallies, but I won’t be introducing him any more. I’m finished with this 'stiff.'

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    "DeWine has fallen to the Radical Left. No wonder he gets loudly booed in Ohio every time I introduce him at Rallies, but I won’t be introducing him any more. I’m finished with this 'stiff.'
    I suspect there’s a sudden drop in opinion of DeWine in Columbus.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Idunno. Loyalty is a funny thing.
    One would think that one might not take too kindly of Trump for calling his beloved a "stiff' before he kicks him to the curb.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Is this the same DeWine who Trump called a "stiff" that he is finished with?
    And yet he still is better liked than DeSantis and still 'won his state by 19 points' just like Ron's signature accomplishment that supposedly qualified him to challenge Trump. How's that working out?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    And yet he still is better liked than DeSantis and still 'won his state by 19 points' just like Ron's signature accomplishment that supposedly qualified him to challenge Trump. How's that working out?
    Idunno. Whatever poll you’re referencing was probably before Trump declared DeWine stiff. I don’t know how DeWine recovers from that.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    He doesn't have to. He's 77 and term limited, I don't think he's looking for another jib in politics

Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately )for Ron, he's also term limited and I don't think he recovers from trying to go against Trump. I don't think he would even necessarily get re-elected as governor if he was eligible and I don't think he could make the jump to senator either at this point. He might have to get a real job

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Hey look. Sarah Huckabee Sanders ranked # 7 on the interactive table for most popular. Fourteen ahead of DeWine.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Hey look. Sarah Huckabee Sanders ranked # 7 on the interactive table for most popular. Fourteen ahead of DeWine.
    That just reinforces the point about Ron and the 19 points. She won her race by 27.8 points

In fact, 19 points ahead of Ron in poll rank was Sununu at #3

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    My point is that you keep insisting on making silly comparisons between DeWine and DeSantis for your personal gratification. Well, I can play that game too and make a mockery out of your obsession by comparing Huckabee Sanders to DeWine.

She beats the pants off of your beloved "stiff" (beloved Trump's word) with the # 7 slot in the survey for the most popular state governor in the country in 2023.

Last edited:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I didn’t say anything about the wall. Just about making Mexico pay for it.

So let me get this straight. Without any evidence he even tried to make Mexico pay for it, you want to cop to Trump being too naive to know what everyone else knew, that there’s no ****ing way he can make Mexico pay for it, and didn’t find out until he tried. But to top it off, you have to insist that Trump lied when he said he had no intention of fulfilling it.

You’re making my case for me. What better explains it than that you must think you have to defend every accusation of imperfection. C’mon man. Make a better case to the contrary.

Well he originally said he would use remittances and tariffs to do it, if memory serves. Which at surface level sounds like something that would be possible somehow.

Was there any investigation into that by his cabinet?

You seem to think I'm making the case Trump is perfect when I'm not. I already said he likely lied to pretend to hold a victory for his intentions.

I just disagree with saying someone didn't hold up their campaign promises if they hit a roadblock that makes that impossible in the process of trying.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well he originally said he would use remittances and tariffs to do it, if memory serves. Which at surface level sounds like something that would be possible somehow.

Was there any investigation into that by his cabinet?

You seem to think I'm making the case Trump is perfect when I'm not. I already said he likely lied to pretend to hold a victory for his intentions.
    Sure. There are promises that Trump made that he didn’t fulfill because of the strong opposition. I think also Trump made some promises that he had no intention of keeping, like this one, because it played well with the crowds at his rallies. Drain the swamp was another.

I just disagree with saying someone didn't hold up their campaign promises if they hit a roadblock that makes that impossible in the process of trying.

But you have no idea that this was the case. Trump did use the threat of tariffs to get Mexico to cooperate on the border. That was good. He did not use tariffs to make Mexico pay for the wall. He has the power over tariffs. He does not have power to spend the proceeds wherever he wants. There's no evidence that he ever perused that. You guys seem to just want him to get credit for it even when he denied it himself.

It's not any more apparent that he would have any reason to lie about that than believing he thought he could do it, tried to do it, but came up short because of roadblocks. It doesn't hurt Trump that you can't say he fulfilled all his promises. No one can. He's not perfect.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    My point is that you keep insisting on making silly comparisons between DeWine and DeSantis for your personal gratification. Well, I can play that game too and make a mockery out of your obsession by comparing Huckabee Sanders to DeWine.

She beats the pants off of your beloved "stiff" (beloved Trump's word) with the # 7 slot in the survey for the most popular state governor in the country in 2023.
    And she 'beats the pants off of' your boy DeSantis even more so. Turns out 19 points isn't such a high hurdle and certainly not evidence that it's any politician's year to be crowned president. Note that Sarah did not immediately think she would now make a good presidential candidate. Neither did Mike

If Ron had limited his ambition to delivering for the people of Florida he might still have a bright future. Now, not so much

I primarily brought up DeWine because I was tired of hearing about what an accomplishment that 19 points was vis a vis greater political ambition

Unknown-1.jpeg

Top Bottom