• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I mean, he has a point. CRT originated in the ivory towers of elite academia.
    Unless the point is ONLY bad things originate in the ivory towers of elite academia. The point is pretty blunt. I am fairly certain well educated people have done some pretty good things. Perhaps you would take a doctor from lakeside community college, but I think I would take one from Harvard.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Lost me at dropout and endorse Trump. Why would Ron or Nikki do that?
    From what I gather perusing the article is that the author is basically saying DeSantis is still young, why damage yourself even further with a failed campaign.

He should drop out now and endorse Trump to preserve his future aspirations of having a top spot in the Republican party and curry favor with Trump supporters post Trump because he cannot win now. He thinks DeSantis should beat Haley to the punch and drop out now.

In other words, he needs to start thinking about his future aspirations and maneuver to take over the reins post Trump by working with him.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Unless the point is ONLY bad things originate in the ivory towers of elite academia. The point is pretty blunt. I am fairly certain well educated people have done some pretty good things. Perhaps you would take a doctor from lakeside community college, but I think I would take one from Harvard.

CRT wasn’t developed in medical school. It’s not a STEM thing. I don’t have a problem with well educated people. I’m not disparaging academia. I’m disparaging ideologues. Not everyone in the ivory towers is an ideologue. All I said was that CRT developed in the ivory towers of academia.

The Father of CRT, Derrick Bell, was a lawyer for the NAACP, and later an academic. The ideas for what became CRT were developed more as a legal theory. That doesn’t mean all law schools are bad. Does that help your anxiety about the statement?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Nope. Not into the whole revenge motivations at all. Just clean house and the people Mike hates will be dealt with sufficiently. Jail time for those who broke the law. Etcetera. Trump has no authority for his personal revenge as POTUS.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Nope. Not into the whole revenge motivations at all. Just clean house and the people Mike hates will be dealt with sufficiently. Jail time for those who broke the law. Etcetera. Trump has no authority for his personal revenge as POTUS.
    IMO if he's running on a revenge platform that may hurt him with some potential voters that aren't down with it and want him to focus his energy on governing the country on the issues they most care about such as yourself. They see personal revenge as a counterproductive distraction.

Last edited:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    CRT wasn’t developed in medical school. It’s not a STEM thing. I don’t have a problem with well educated people. I’m not disparaging academia. I’m disparaging ideologues. Not everyone in the ivory towers is an ideologue. All I said was that CRT developed in the ivory towers of academia.

The Father of CRT, Derrick Bell, was a lawyer for the NAACP, and later an academic. The ideas for what became CRT were developed more as a legal theory. That doesn’t mean all law schools are bad. Does that help your anxiety about the statement?
    so we're talking legal credentials. Someone throws in CRT and I can't throw in medical...

ok. your rules i suppose.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    so we're talking legal credentials. Someone throws in CRT and I can't throw in medical...

ok. your rules i suppose.
    Okay. I was not sure I understood what you’re talking about. Now I am certain. Can you back up to what the issue is and explain it?

I sincerely haven’t a clue what this even means.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    IMO if he's running on a revenge platform that may hurt him with some potential voters that aren't down with it and want him to focus his energy on governing the country on the issues, they most care about. such as yourself. They see personal revenge as a counterproductive distraction.
    I’m kinda wondering if the people pining for revenge have read Romans chapter 12 lately.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Discussion flow: SD4L and IM: Constitutional lawyering skills based on educational institution-> Bug: elite schools produced CRT->FZ???: didn't elite schools also produce the founding fathers?->Jamil: well elite schools produced CRT->FZ ??? what does CRT have to do with constitutional Lawyering skills?? so well elite schools probably produce better medical doctors.->Jamil: CRT has nothing to do with medical school -> FZ: hmm ok we can switch to CRT from Constitutional lawering but medical is not allowed.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Discussion flow: SD4L and IM: Constitutional lawyering skills based on educational institution-> Bug: elite schools produced CRT->FZ???: didn't elite schools also produce the founding fathers?->Jamil: well elite schools produced CRT->FZ ??? what does CRT have to do with constitutional Lawyering skills?? so well elite schools probably produce better medical doctors.->Jamil: CRT has nothing to do with medical school -> FZ: hmm ok we can switch to CRT from Constitutional lawering but medical is not allowed.
    Well, I’d say many of those characterizations of the conversation are not accurate. Some of the logic makes no sense. But that’s likely a result of the former. So I’m sure the logic made sense to you.

You know, sometimes a statement of fact implies nothing but just the fact itself? When I confirmed where CRT came from, I implied nothing about why it was brought up by Bug or whomever. The statement stood alone, just as a statement of fact.

You inferred something not implied. And I did not understand that until now. So the post about Derrick Bell was only to fill in information about the academic origins because I really had no idea what your post meant. I thought more detail will help. Because I guess I think more detail is the answer to everything? :):

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    According to The Hill..

Former President Trump on Tuesday shared a “word cloud” from a recent poll showing the former president’s political plans to be most associated with the terms “revenge” and “dictatorship.” That appers to be the impression they are getting from Trump. He has done nothing to dispel that IMO.

The word cloud, originally posted Tuesday by Daily Mail to visualize the results of their latest survey, shows voters most frequently described Trump’s political plans for a second White House term with words including “revenge,” “dictatorship,” “power” and “America.”

Daily Mail and JL Partners polled 1,000 voters for a word to sum up President Biden’s and Trump’s respective plans if reelected in 2024. As for what voters said about Biden’s plans, terms included “nothing,” “economy” and “peace.”

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Here is a link to the Daily Mail Article that gives some insight into what this all means.

"Voters weighing their options ahead of the 2024 election see their likely choice in bleak terms: A candidate seeking 'revenge' or a candidate with no real plans for his second term."

"That is the stark result of an exclusive poll for DailyMail.com, which asked 1000 likely voters for one word to describe what Joe Biden and Donald Trump each want from a second term."

"The results suggest why so many voters say they are underwhelmed with the choice facing them."

Last edited:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Well, I’d say many of those characterizations of the conversation are not accurate. Some of the logic makes no sense. But that’s likely a result of the former. So I’m sure the logic made sense to you.

You know, sometimes a statement of fact implies nothing but just the fact itself? When I confirmed where CRT came from, I implied nothing about why it was brought up by Bug or whomever. The statement stood alone, just as a statement of fact.

You inferred something not implied. And I did not understand that until now. So the post about Derrick Bell was only to fill in information about the academic origins because I really had no idea what your post meant. I thought more detail will help. Because I guess I think more detail is the answer to everything? :):
    Well I don't place much faith in logic and reason in that I don't esteem them over experience.

I live in an experiential world where logic and reason are secondary. :)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well if you don’t want people to believe you will set up a dictatorship, then definitely say you’re out for revenge!

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Well if you don’t want people to believe you will set up a dictatorship, then definitely say you’re out for revenge!

At this point an eye for an eye would go a lot further than people realize.

And it's entirely necessary, so the lessons learned will create a political landscape where people contemplate the consequences of their actions.

Treat everyone who leans to the left with the same respect that the left has shown us for the past decade. I.E. Make sure they can no longer get a job, remove them from social platforms, and make them fearful of ever voicing their opinions publicly. Round up significant voices on the left and put them in solitary confinement without trial for years on end, and call anyone who criticizes it a psychotic alex jones tier conspiracy theorist.

Make sure the media is 24/7 broadcasting that anyone left of center is a threat to democracy and a radical extremist. Wall to wall coverage of any minor disturbance in the democrat party as a brewing wing of terroristic extremism.

And this still isn't even 1/10th of getting close to an eye for an eye.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DJLouis
    Top Bottom