• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oh. BTW, Schwinn is still around, as a brand. It's just not owned as part of the original company. There's a bike shop in Clarksville that sells Schwinn branded stuff.
    Got two bikes from there and every 10 years I take mine down from the rack and show them that I still have zero miles on it... and leave it with them but just make sure it's all okay in case I decide to ride it one day.....

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The ones I remember were tossed because they were brought AFTER the election and both could and should have been brought PRIOR to the election.
    This is the rope a dope game they played. In a Pennsylvania case Alito said come back after the actual damages are incurred, then said no standing when they back.

Roberts was terrified to get involved in the election, why is debatable, but there is no question he was determined to stay out of it.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Those you name are compromised RINO’s.
    Sayeth Trump... lol!

RINO apparently now means anyone who doesn't defend any and everything Trump says and does, lol!

Barr was a straight-up by-the-book AG. Libs didn't like him when he fulfilled the blanks Mueller left... Trumpers didn't like him when he found no evidence of voter fraud.

Kemp and his SoS went right ahead and implemented the best voting laws in the country... right in the face of "new Jim Crowe" hysterical cowing.

And the truth that conservatives are losing is in posts of the like of you and @jamil. What you two and a few others here take as a badge of superiority I find pathetic.

Sorry you feel that way, but again, I'll never vote for a man who attempted to steal the election and subvert the Constitution. Hard deal breaker.

When ALL the election aftermath legal attempts are dismissed on standing, it is not coincidence it is organized.

If the fix was not in, we a
    Again, look up the facts instead of taking Trump's social media as the gospel. That is factually, provably wrong and Trump lies when he spouts that ****.

Of the 64 cases brought by Trump and his supporters, twenty were dismissed before a
    hearing on the merits, fourteen were voluntarily dismissed by Trump and his supporters before a
    hearing on the merits, and 30 cases included a hearing on the merits. Only in one Pennsylvania
    case involving far too few votes to overturn the results did Trump and his supporters prevail.

ETA: For those interested in facts versus "conjecture" or Trump social rants, the results of all of the filed 64 cases containing 187 counts in the six key battleground states are listed here:

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You said he kept rising in the polls. I kept you honest. Not rising. Rising and falling, rising and falling, etcetera.
    If he rises, then falls, but settles at a higher level than the start of that cycle, would that not be 'rising in the polls' if you set the sampling rate correctly?

Does the temperature 'keep rising' from May through July or not? What is more important, the trend line or the high/low granular data?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The point is refuting Eastman presented as "one of the preeminent constitutional scholars in the United States".

Bull****!

Not an elite Ivy League (which is not a perquisite), nor a premiere non-Ivy law school, not even a "top tier" law school. Given Chapman's LSAT admission scores and exit salaries, I'm reserved on if it's even a mid-tier or average run-of-the-mill law school.

How about "a law professor at a small, obscure, not particularly distinguished law school, who's never had a single amicus cert success before the SCOTUS, let alone presented a case or brief" says something completely unheard of and unorthodox about the consititution.

And, here's yet another way of evaluating top law school for scholarly output... citations by others in their scholarship... Chapman ain't it...

My position has always been that if an opinion purveyor must flat out lie and make up **** to persuade people to their argument, then their position is likely false. IMO, the Gateway Pundit is in the same league as The Huffington Post... either lies, or propoganda, or both is a good starting assumption.
    Dude, Kelly Johnson got his aeronautics degree from Univ of Michigan, Carroll Shelby attended Georgia Institute of Technology but didn't graduate

Credentialism is as stupid as diversity hiring. I can see rating Eastman according to the results he achieved, but thinking he somehow needed to be part of the old boy network to accomplish anything just perpetuates some of the worst of what's wrong with academia

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I do not know Eastman, I am not defending him.

I am making the point that conservatives have to come to terms with the fact that among other things, news and legal opinions will not come from the places we once thought were the go to places. Even top law schools, not to mention elite law schools have been made into indoctrination centers.

Things are changing but conservatives are mired in normalcy bias…
    How easily INGO forgets that Critical Race Theory got its start in elite schools in general and elite law schools in particular

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    How easily INGO forgets that Critical Race Theory got its start in elite schools in general and elite law schools in particular
    And the constitution got its start from a bunch of 6th grade educated old guys...oh no...wait

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If he rises, then falls, but settles at a higher level than the start of that cycle, would that not be 'rising in the polls' if you set the sampling rate correctly?

Does the temperature 'keep rising' from May through July or not? What is more important, the trend line or the high/low granular data?
    If he rises, then he falls constantly, it sounds more like we're talking about Biden. He probably needs a walker.

As I said, I showed approvals since 2016 because we're comparing his MAGA platform in 2016 to his "I got ****ed" platform now. So then if rising and falling in between don't matter, if Trump is now lower in the approval polls than he was at his MAGA peak, I think that tends to support my point.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Dude, Kelly Johnson got his aeronautics degree from Univ of Michigan, Carroll Shelby attended Georgia Institute of Technology but didn't graduate

Credentialism is as stupid as diversity hiring. I can see rating Eastman according to the results he achieved, but thinking he somehow needed to be part of the old boy network to accomplish anything just perpetuates some of the worst of what's wrong with academia

Exceptional people don't need much if any formal education. So I would say they're outliers, not the norm. At least in engineering. I have worked with just a few exceptional engineers who were self taught. It's pretty rare to have an Engineer title at a large company if you don't have a degree.

I don't know how that works in Law. I suspect no law firm is really gonna hire a lawyer who did not attend college. I think Mike Ross's only happen on TV shows. Or it would be truly exceptionally rare IRL.

Lawyers who graduate from the top schools become leaders in society. Maybe it's fair, maybe not. Anyway, as far as Eastman goes, I don't see any evidence other than Rudy's word, that he's anybody, let alone a preeminent scholar in election law. Credentialism or not. It's fair to challenge his preeminence.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You mean like the ones DeSantis' social media team posted with the sonnenrad imbedded in it?
    I don't even know what that is. I don't watch DeSantis's social media.

I'm talking about the coc/neocon grifters in Congress who are constantly fundraising, and generating "owns libs" content wasting time in hearings, to drive fundraising. They promise to do something about issues important to ordinary citizens, but all they do is pretend by grilling opposition witnesses with occasional sharp wit and strong words.

The perpetuate the issue so they can continue to pretend that they're "fighting hard" to do something about it. Hell, we have a Senator that doesn't even bother to pretend to do something. He just votes against us, time after time. But he's a lock. Because he's was a Marine. Just ask him.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    This is my favorite thread....I thought the magic of 2016 was gone forever...a moment in time never to be repeated...but I come here and it's happening again with the same cast repeating the same lines from season 1....

The only thing missing is Kut and Russia....Any of the TDS crowd remember Russian collusion???? Russian wee wee tapes??? No????

Just the election and....wait for it....January 6th (gasp!!!!!) Here's a pic from January 6th...no wait...I am sorry...that's a pic of the white house from June of 2020....mea culpa....

View attachment 321266

View attachment 321245

They'll never learn because their entire personality is downloaded from a flashing picture box every morning.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    This is my favorite thread....I thought the magic of 2016 was gone forever...a moment in time never to be repeated...but I come here and it's happening again with the same cast repeating the same lines from season 1....

The only thing missing is Kut and Russia....Any of the TDS crowd remember...
    200.webp

Top Bottom