• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    what kind of holster are these guys using ? how the crap (heheh) could your firearm come out . does it happen when they drop there pants ?
    i've herd of this happening from time to time , but i've never under stood how it happens .

You allow your holstered pistol to lay on the floor with your pants when you use the bathroom? If not, what do you do with it?

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The Trooper made a mistake. This mistake will haunt Him for his career. I feel sorry for him as anybody could of done it but because of his position he will pay dearly. As an ex LEO I do believe we have a right to expect more from our Professionals. I am glad the incident ended safely.

Are you saying Police Officers should be more careful, more attentive to detail, and, overall, more responsible than the average citizen?

Doug

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Are you saying Police Officers should be more careful, more attentive to detail, and, overall, more responsible than the average citizen?

Doug

not sure if this is sarcasm (no purple:D), but if it's not, my question would be: do you hold doctors and nurses to a higher standard than average citizens in regards to medications vs the decision making of patients relative to OTC medications?

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    PUNISHED? HE IS HUMAN WE ARE ALL SUBJECT TO FAIL.

I didnt say the man should lose his job. Ill remember that next time Im not paying attention to how fast Im going when I get pulled over. Ill just tell the officer Im human and subject to fail, I should get off the hook. Right?

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    hes a state boy, they RARELY EVER GET FIRED, sometimes they are just "pushed" in a new direction!!! every state trooper i have ever personaly known, even my buddies are the biggest a holes EVER!!!!! this guy will probly be harrassed so much from his co-workers, that getting fired would seem like a cake walk, lol. and he deserves all he gets. HERES YOUR SIGN!!! deee da deee! 642 toothpicks, jeopardys on at seven

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    I forgot mine in the gun locker at work. Learned from an older guy to lock the keys to my car in the locker with my gun, so it won't happen again. Some of the best advise I ever got!

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    not sure if this is sarcasm (no purple:D), but if it's not, my question would be: do you hold doctors and nurses to a higher standard than average citizens in regards to medications vs the decision making of patients relative to OTC medications?

I was trying to find out if meldusty, like me, believes police officers should be held to a higher standard than the average "Joe Blow" on the street.
    The last time I suggested that idea, I got :bash:'ed. I was considering advising him to be cautious about expressing himself.

Doug

MPD179

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Northwest Indiana
    I forgot mine in the gun locker at work. Learned from an older guy to lock the keys to my car in the locker with my gun, so it won't happen again. Some of the best advise I ever got!

I did this as well 15 years ago when I was fresh out of field training. I was with a prisoner on station and heard a 911 call over the radio that was only a few blocks down the street from the station. The call was about a Man chasing a 12 year old boy around with a machete. I rushed out to the home and found the front door open. I saw the boy hiding under the kitchen table as the man was pacing around him with the large knife. I entered the home.. started yelling for him to drop the knife.... and then realized I didn't have my weapon... :n00b: Haven't used my finger gun since I was a kid and was surprised it worked. The calvery showed up and everyone immediately noticed my empty holster. To this day I still hear about it from the guys that are still around.

We do mess up from time to time & we learn from our mistakes. This Trooper will be dealt with im sure as I have seen this happen before. One of our guys was suspended 5 days without pay, stripes taken, and payed for the weapon he lost in the public bathroom. After all we are all human...:ingo:

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I did this as well 15 years ago when I was fresh out of field training. I was with a prisoner on station and heard a 911 call over the radio that was only a few blocks down the street from the station. The call was about a Man chasing a 12 year old boy around with a machete. I rushed out to the home and found the front door open. I saw the boy hiding under the kitchen table as the man was pacing around him with the large knife. I entered the home.. started yelling for him to drop the knife.... and then realized I didn't have my weapon... :n00b: Haven't used my finger gun since I was a kid and was surprised it worked. The calvery showed up and everyone immediately noticed my empty holster. To this day I still hear about it from the guys that are still around.

We do mess up from time to time & we learn from our mistakes. This Trooper will be dealt with im sure as I have seen this happen before. One of our guys was suspended 5 days without pay, stripes taken, and payed for the weapon he lost in the public bathroom. After all we are all human...:ingo:
    The old finger gun!!!!

My son's got an awesome finger gun too!

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I've known soldiers who lost their weapons and didn't get fired.

True... I can't fire Soldiers.

However I know what my recommendation to the Colonel is... I want 2 ranks removed, I want half of 2 monthes pay, and I want him on extra duty for 45 days...

The punishment needs to be severe what ever is decided. I have no pity or sympathy for this person.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I have never had to remove my holster or my gun to use the bathroom.
    This ^. And I'm a girl...so.... You do the math.

Women's restrooms (generally) at least have a hook on the back of the stall door for a purse to be hung, men's restrooms usually don't.

Women rarely loose a purse -

It's been awhile since I've seen a hook on a door...but I'm not a purse toter, so it probably doesn't register when I do see them at times.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Public bathrooms pose a multitude of problems, especially for men. Women's restrooms (generally) at least have a hook on the back of the stall door for a purse to be hung, men's restrooms usually don't. So, we're left with the first problem of "where do I put this thing when I sit down?" Often times it gets set on the toilet tank, or stuck in the handicapped hand rail holster and all. And separating yourself from your gun is then where the problem begins, especially when it's something you have on a belt all day and don't give a second thought to. It is very easy to forget you separated yourself from it under such circumstances

Women rarely loose a purse - they have a personal relationship with their purses, and they carry them all day by the strap or in a hand. This keeps it in the forefront of their thoughts. We (men) have no such relationship with our pistols - it's not in our hand all day.

Smart women never use said hook to hang their purse on though as we have been taught it is very easy for a thief to reach over the door and vanish with our belongings.
    Handgun goes on top of the TP dispenser, purse on the floor between my feet.
    I've never forgotten either in the bathroom. I did however forget/misplace my purse at the shop yesterday. Drove all the way to the post office before I realized I didn't have it. Gun on my side but no purse. :D

patton487

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    I haven't done that, but I have forgot and left my pistol under the drivers seat of my wife's car before. It's all good though, she has LTC too

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    The scary thing is some kid could have gone in there and found it rather than employee (an honest one at that).

How do you know the employees wasn't a kid? Hum...;)
    We need to write the media and call for a ban on guns for the LEOs! Just think what could have happened if a kid walked into the bathroom. :faint:

Top Bottom