• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    mrjerrell, The government "infringes" their ability every day.

Just because the government does it doesn't mean that it's automatically OK.

Without that infringement the dirtbags, meth heads, rapists, thieves (etc.) would have the ability to pack their weapons with no repercussions.

:ugh:

I don't care what kind of a weapon a "dirtbag" carries. As long as they don't actually use it in a criminal manner, if they are walking around free then they should have every Right that anyone else has.

If the "dirtbag" or whoever wants to get a gun they will. Why inhibit the ability of an innocent person to protect themselves from said "dirtbag" since the only one's that the law has any real effect on are the law-abiding?

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh

I don't care what kind of a weapon a "dirtbag" carries. As long as they don't actually use it in a criminal manner, if they are walking around free then they should have every Right that anyone else has.

If the "dirtbag" or whoever wants to get a gun they will. Why inhibit the ability of an innocent person to protect themselves from said "dirtbag" since the only one's that the law has any real effect on are the law-abiding?

I do care about what or even if the dirtbag carries a weapon. They won't use it in a civil manner. It WILL be used against people for cirmes of opportunity. Just because people have the ability to carry does not mean the should. I don't want to walk up to a three or four time felon (they are out there) and have to pat him down for my safety. Now I've done a violation of a "Terry stop". I'm in deep stuff.

I don't wear hobnail boots but I do wear a vest and carry a .45. My sole existance is to protect the citizens I work for. I want to go home after each shift. I am not a threat to you but to the people prey on others. I know some are saying "sniff, sniff" others are saying BS.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh

On the bright side there are still plenty of "dirtbags" for you to protect yourself against. Restricting the ability of a criminal to carry will not inhibit your ability.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    On the bright side there are still plenty of "dirtbags" for you to protect yourself against. Restricting the ability of a criminal to carry will not inhibit your ability.

It is not a Restriction to the Criminals; it is a Restriction towards those that are Lawful.... :popcorn:

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    It is not a Restriction to the Criminals; it is a Restriction towards those that are Lawful.... :popcorn:

I don't think that we are talking about the same thing here. Enlighten me please. How can a person who violates serious criminal codes restrict your ability to carry. If there is a person who has been convicted of serious crimes, that's going to inhibit your ability to carry or protect yourself? We would all be nuts we we agree that he should be able to have the same ability. There are people out there that I pray (excuse me lord) to find a gun on them so they can be taken back to jail.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I don't think that we are talking about the same thing here. Enlighten me please. How can a person who violates serious criminal codes restrict your ability to carry. If there is a person who has been convicted of serious crimes, that's going to inhibit your ability to carry or protect yourself? We would all be nuts we we agree that he should be able to have the same ability. There are people out there that I pray (excuse me lord) to find a gun on them so they can be taken back to jail. [/QUOTE]
    I may be wrong but this part here seems to contradict every argument you've been trying to make. :dunno:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    It is not a Restriction to the Criminals; it is a Restriction towards those that are Lawful....
    I don't think that we are talking about the same thing here. Enlighten me please. How can a person who violates serious criminal codes restrict your ability to carry. If there is a person who has been convicted of serious crimes, that's going to inhibit your ability to carry or protect yourself? We would all be nuts we we agree that he should be able to have the same ability. There are people out there that I pray (excuse me lord) to find a gun on them so they can be taken back to jail.

We are talking about the same thing here...

Firearms Restrictions is what I thought we were discussing, No...
    You believe that they are imposed to Keep Criminals from Possessing Firearms. I feel it is only to strip Possession from Legal Owners. I would almost bet money that it is far easier for the Criminal to Purchase Firearms than it is for me, and I have possessed a Top Secret Clearance for over 20+ Years. :dunno:

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    jeremy and KG1, No, I am not talking about restrictions of firearms for a normal citizen (if there is such a person).

I was talking about your career criminal who needs to be incarcerated. He or she has already ran through their second and third chance in life. The people who have committed serious violent crimes. Yes, it is probably easier for them to obtain a gun but I hope that you are not suggesting that they be given the right to possess one legally.

Last edited:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    jeremy and KG1, No, I am not talking about restrictions of firearms for a normal citizen (if there is such a person).
    Yes we are talking the same thing just your thinking is from a Different angle than Ours. Firearms Restrictions do NOTHING to hamper the Criminals from obtaining whatever Weapons they deem they need, want, or desire. All they do is strip away the ability of the NORMAL Citizen from being able to Defend themselves from threats...

I was talking about your career criminal who needs to be incarcerated. He or she has already ran through their second and third chance in life. The people who have committed serious violent crimes. Yes, it is probably easier for them to obtain a gun but I hope that you are not suggesting that they be give the right to possess one legally.

Have they been released from their Sentence?!

Then yes I am...

It really was not that long ago in the History of the World that Convicts from Our Penal System were given a House and Rifle at the End of their incarceration...

Last edited:

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Downtown (i.e. inside the 1 mile square) at least once a week a maid finds a firearm in a hotel and calls the police to come get it. Usually the police are able to return the gun to the owner without an issue. Just because you don't hear about it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. The movie theater on 31 just n of the interstate calls the police about once a month to say they've found a gun that has fallen out of the holster/pocket and is lying on the ground under the seat. 3 years ago an officer leaving the range on 56th left his gun on the roof and drove off (i've never understood the placing the gun on the roof thing) His gun fell off and was run over by the car behind him. I think he was suspended for 2-3 weeks.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Yes we are talking the same thing just your thinking is from a Different angle than Ours. Firearms Restrictions do NOTHING to hamper the Criminals from obtaining whatever Weapons they deem they need, want, or desire. All they do is strip away the ability of the NORMAL Citizen from being able to DEfend themselves from threats
    Exactly. It's not a level playing field. Restrictions actually give the criminals an advantage. Firearm restrictions only restrict the law abiding citizen who are'nt looking to break any laws in the first place. Restrictions do'nt work on the lawless criminals and have no effect in deterering them from obtaining a weapon to do their business anyway.

Last edited:

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    KD1 (BTW, I like that name, very sinister if that's what it means) I couldn't agree with you more. It has given the criminal an advantage over the law abiding citizen. Saying that, there is absolutely nothing that I can do to change the law...nothing.

I can enforce the laws that protect the law abiding citizens though. I know in my heart that if some people had a weapon in their hand, someone would be a victim tonight. I can see the hate in some people's eye's. I have met people that scares the hell out of me. There has to be a better solution, please enlighten me. Not to argue (I know I have just opened myself up) but at least the people with a felony or two conviction cannot just stroll into a gunshop and buy something off the shelf.

Whenever I stop a car, my computer will give me all types of alerts to any type of violence towards police officers to if the person has a CCW permit. Unless that person is showing erratic behavior, it's a non-issue for me. It doesn't even come into the conversation.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    KD1 (BTW, I like that name, very sinister if that's what it means) I couldn't agree with you more. It has given the criminal an advantage over the law abiding citizen. Saying that, there is absolutely nothing that I can do to change the law...nothing.

I can enforce the laws that protect the law abiding citizens though. I know in my heart that if some people had a weapon in their hand, someone would be a victim tonight. I can see the hate in some people's eye's. I have met people that scares the hell out of me. There has to be a better solution, please enlighten me. Not to argue (I know I have just opened myself up) but at least the people with a felony or two conviction cannot just stroll into a gunshop and buy something off the shelf.

Whenever I stop a car, my computer will give me all types of alerts to any type of violence towards police officers to if the person has a CCW permit. Unless that person is showing erratic behavior, it's a non-issue for me. It doesn't even come into the conversation.
    I think we would all agree that it's not a good thing for crimnals to beable to obtain a weapon but the perspective some of us are comming from is that whe don't want those same kind of restrictions to hamstring us or have the potential to cause us to lose our right to protect ourselves and our families. No law or restriction designed to stop a criminal with the intent on doing others harm will keep them from obtaining the means to do so. That being said I do not doubt your integrity or your dedication to stop those same criminal element from doing harm to others and I commend you for that. All I am saying is we as law abiding citizens want to have the ability to do the same because no matter how hard good LE tries they cannot be everywhere at all times and it is ultimately up to each and every one of us in the end to beable to do everything we can to protect ourselves and our loved ones. Thank you for your efforts and Stay Safe.

Last edited:

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    I think we would all agree that it's not a good thing for crimnals to beable to obtain a weapon but the perspective some of us are comming from is that whe don't want those same kind of restrictions to hamstring us or have the potential to cause us to lose our right to protect ourselves and our families. No law or restriction designed to stop a criminal with the intent on doing others harm will keep them from obtaining the means to do so. That being said I do not doubt your integrity or your dedication to stop those same criminal element from doing harm to others and I commend you for that. All I am saying is we as law abiding citizens want to have the ability to do the same because no matter how hard good LE tries they cannot be everywhere at all times and it is ultimately up to each and every one of us in the end to beable to do everything we can to protect ourselves and our loved ones. Thank you for your efforts and Stay Safe.

I firmly believe that we are ALL being "hamstrung" because the laws that are designed to protect the accused are effecting us more in a negative way. Thanks for the thought.

Top Bottom