• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Geesh people. He made a mistake. Albeit a serious one.

He should be disciplined, but certainly not lose his job.

I sure wish I were perfect...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    I listened to this story on the Pat White show and I just want to punch Pat in the face. He's sticking up for the trooper. If someone with an LTCH left a handgun in a bathroom,
    Pat would be calling for that persons head.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I forgot my daughter was in the car one time. Although it was only five minutes, I think about those parents who honestly forgot and found their child dead. I am thankful it was fall and not hot out, but I still felt like crap, especially since I was a father for less than a year. I have no stones to throw.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Funny how a State Trooper can loose his job for posting pic's on facebook with him goofing around pinting gun's at people (may have been pointed at him, can't remember) and the media throw fit's about it but when one forget's it in a public bathroom then the media is like ehh........

I am not sure on if I think he should be fired but for sure need's more then a slap on the hand.

I don't know who Pat White is but he would be defending him if that gun was then used in a crime or some kid shot himself............ funny how that work's.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    I have only been carrying for about 3 years now. In those 3 years I have never had to remove my holster or my gun to use the bathroom. I have taken many craps in public places and also had to **** in many public places. Also when it comes to my firearm, I am very cautious with it, because I would hate to do something stupid (such as leave it in a public restroom) to risk loosing my weapon or loosing my privilage to carry a gun. I am not perfect and I understand that "it could" happen to anyone, and I understand the whole "What If" thing, but he is a State Trooper, and he has a reputation to live up to, more than other officers, and civilians. "The Indiana State Police shall provide the most professional, effective and courteous police service possible at all times and with every endeavor."--ISP Mission Statement

I agree, he should not loose his job, but may be a suspension without pay, would help him remember next time. There should definatly be some type of disciplinary actions taken.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I forgot my daughter was in the car one time. Although it was only five minutes, I think about those parents who honestly forgot and found their child dead. I am thankful it was fall and not hot out, but I still felt like crap, especially since I was a father for less than a year. I have no stones to throw.

man that still always scares the crap out of me worrying about it. my daughter is 3, but when i go out alone i still always catch myself looking in the back after i get out to make sure she isnt in her car seat even though i know shes not. i probly sound like a retard, but its a scary thought to have you kid die or be kidnapped or taken away by the law for something so stupid. im not judging you though, just saying when your a parent theres a lot of stuff to worry about, it truely does consume your whole life and every aspect, in a good way

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Wel if I took your stance the I guess I should start requesting the state to revoke the LTCH's of all those that aren't cops that leave their guns places. It happens a lot more than with the cops, you just don't hear about it because it's not a cop doing it.

Really?
    I would think anybody leaving a loaded gun like that would result in a report.
    I would think The [strike]Red[/strike] Indianapolis Star, especially, would headline any civilian leaving a loaded gun unattended in any public place.
    I can't recall any reports in Indianapolis of unattended guns that were later claimed. Did I miss the reports or did the LTCH holder just give up his gun rather than admit he left it?:dunno:

Doug

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Really?
    I would think The [strike]Red[/strike] Indianapolis Star, especially, would headline any civilian leaving a loaded gun unattended in any public place.
    I can't recall any reports in Indianapolis of unattended guns that were later claimed. Did I miss the reports or did the LTCH holder just give up his gun rather than admit he left it?:dunno:

Doug

If I forgot a gun and it was found by someone I would hope that the cop's and media would be all over me......

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    Really?

Doug

No........the newspapers normally don't look twice at a found property report and yes, some of those guns never get returned becuse nobody comes to claim them. The reason they don't claim them I don't know.

Top Bottom