• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    CM - in war, for a sniper - YES
    That said - I prefer someone who WINS by the rules of the contest. No matter what they may be. The rule of the contest was TIME.

I for one - also thought that the contest was a bit unfair. As all of the guys got to watch people before them shoot. Last guys shooting certainly had the advantage. In the elimination they have one person leave, so as not to give the second shooter the advantage. Of course, then they wouldn't get all of the eye-rolling, high fives, and other reactions of the onlookers.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Tired of George1

I hope if George wants Jamie gone he put's himself up against Jamie in the eleimination round and get it over with! If he doesent he's a WUS! Personally if I was good enough to be on the show, I wouldn't mind being in every elimination challenge. More practice, and If I really was good enough, I'd be collecting $2000.00 Bass Pro Shop gift cards every 3 days to upgrade my personal arsenal! :ar15:

DemolitionMan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Avon, IN
    I am wondering the same thing when he talks it says usaf, ( air force i I assume) so why does every one on here say he is a marine? 2 what snipers are in the air force?

what am i missing?

He's definitely Air Force. Recall the episode with the USMC birthday, he was one of the guys that Brian jokingly said they'd let attend dinner. Brian, Chris, Joe, and Darryl are all Marines. Ashley and George are Air Force.

I've been assuming George is with AFSOC, which is the special forces group in the AF. I worked with one once - his team's job was to drop into an airfield, take control of it and the surrounding area, and start guiding planes into it. A sniper would be really handy in a situation like that.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Why waste air constantly berating someone whose only fault appears to be that he's in the Navy? George blathers on and on about how bad Jamie is, but all Jamie's done is survive challenge after challenge.

George seems to think he's an elite soldier and anyone who doesn't measure up to his standard is worthless. I've seen the same sort of attitude in civilian circumstances too (ever see a bunch of guitar players talk? Or programmers? :rolleyes:) but there seems to be someone like George in nearly every unit.

When I went to Army officer's basic, I had a lot of false expectations about Special Forces troops. I expected them to be a lot like George, all arrogant and snide. So when I got off the bus at Ft Lewis and saw the SF tab on a fellow cadet's shoulder I figured it was going to be a long course.

Ferrey completely surprised me though. He was a former NCO in the teams and now going for officer. He was also the most friendly, polite, even-keeled person in our training platoon. I only saw him lose his cool one time - when a showboating NCO tried to get him to remove his SF tab because it "wasn't part of the cadet uniform." Ferrey took the guy aside and had a very intense and very quiet chat that left the NCO pale and the tab where it belonged.

Over the weeks that followed, I saw him do some astounding things on the range and in our field exercises. You could tell he had a lot of pride in his skills, but he never bragged and spent a lot of time teaching the rest of us. I can honestly say I would follow him into any situation, anytime, anywhere. I would have no question that he would have my back.

Now compare that to George. If he were a sniper watching over my position, I'd have a lot of conifidence in his skills - but not so much his attitude. A jerk like that might decide, for example, that he "knows" where the enemy would come from, or that his orders were dumb, and change position or fire zone. I'd always wonder in the back of my head if I could rely on him. I could be wrong; maybe he just likes to run his mouth and he's the very model of a perfect soldier...but I doubt it.

It's been my experience that the most highly skilled people don't talk that much - because they don't need to. George seems to feel a need to prove himself for some reason.

the man you described was performing a different task. im sure george isnt a dick all the time. you just see what the producers want you to see. if george was such a dick and not a team player all the time then im sure he would already be gone. look at jay. how many times has he been to the elimination because of his personality mostly? he has just been luck, but not the last time, lol.

theres a time and place for everything. just because your SF friend showed you one side doesnt mean when its go time he wont be on task and in your face if its required. apply enough pressure to get maximum performance! no more, no less. find that happy medium and execute

DemolitionMan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Avon, IN
    the man you described was performing a different task. im sure george isnt a dick all the time. you just see what the producers want you to see. if george was such a dick and not a team player all the time then im sure he would already be gone.

I'm sure you're right about the producers, which is why I said that George may just like to run his mouth. The producers are more than happy to capture that on film and edit it for effect. Heck, they may even be putting him up to it...but all I can do is react to what I see.

I think George hasn't gone to elimination because he's made friends with Chris, Joe, and Brian. He doesn't talk smack about them - the minute he starts he'll be up for elimination too.

theres a time and place for everything. just because your SF friend showed you one side doesnt mean when its go time he wont be on task and in your face if its required.

Which is true of any officer or NCO and something I'd expect. Good leaders, though, don't run down the people around them. They might get in your face and tell you in no uncertain terms you're screwing up but that serves a purpose. Anyone who's been in the military has been chewed out about something - if you haven't you're not trying hard enough! -- and you remember very clearly what you did wrong and what was said about it, and you're not likely to repeat it.

George on the other hand is just talking smack based on irrelevant things like what job people do (civilian or military). Assuming that what we're seeing is not "made for TV", I think that puts him firmly in the d-bag category.

Ah well, when George says something stupid I need to remind myself that it's just a show, I should really just relax. (any MST3K fans out there? :D )

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    What I don't get is why didn't Jay and/or Jamie have the balls to call out George...?

At the Elimination Range, one of them could have said "George, if you want us gone, why don't have the balls to do it yourself?" and then shoot George's target. Maybe some of the others would have said "hey, that's a good point..."

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    What I don't get is why didn't Jay and/or Jamie have the balls to call out George...?

At the Elimination Range, one of them could have said "George, if you want us gone, why don't have the balls to do it yourself?" and then shoot George's target. Maybe some of the others would have said "hey, that's a good point..."
    Wouldn't surprise me if that happens next episode. We are down to the Us vs. Jamie crowd. SOMEONE is going up against him. If I were Jamie, I'd call George out.

Besides, if you want to "play the game", you will start sending the BETTER shooters to the elimination to give yourself a better chance in the end. Weeding out the bad shooters works for the team challenges, but works against you at the individual level. If you think Jamie is the weakest shooter, stress him out with more eliminations rounds, and let HIM take out some of the competition (by luck or by skill).

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    I am wondering the same thing when he talks it says usaf, ( air force i I assume) so why does every one on here say he is a marine? 2 what snipers are in the air force?

what am i missing?

I get confused with my old age sometimes;) I thought he was a Marine, he sure dose shoot like one though.:D

I Would think the air force needs snipers for security and para rescue.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    If they wanted to do real sniper test, I would prefer to see them shoot the same shot with a 7.62.

The .50 used seemed preset for elevation, I would like to see them make their own dope changes.

The way it was made going last a big advantage

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I thought it was funny when Ashley turned around, all smooth, and said to Joe, "Don't be mad" and then aimed at Jamie's target and almost missed it. LOL He barely hit paper.

I'm convinced the producers love it when George runs his mouth, and they catch it and play it every time. Hell, all of us talking about how big of a douche he is...that's exactly what they want us to think...he's the bad guy and every good show needs someone to hate on.

IMO, he IS a first class douche and I hope him and Jamie square off in the next elimination round. When Jamie knocks his ass out, Jamie says to him, "You wanna know what I do in the Navy, right?" George will look at him all dumbfounded and mumble something. Jamie will then say, "I rescue cocky little ****s like you out of a situations they can't get themselves out of on their own."

Interesting note from the Top Shot website, Jamie appears to have washed out twice attending BUD/S training. How difficult is it to even get accepted into the program?

Last edited:

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    I thought it was funny when Ashley turned around, all smooth, and said to Joe, "Don't be mad" and then aimed at Jamie's target and almost missed it. LOL He barely hit paper.
    I wonder what happens if they miss.
    Do they get another shot?
    Does their vote not count.
    It should be an automatic vote for yourself. :P

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

I'm convinced the producers love it when George runs his mouth, and they catch it and play it every time. Hell, all of us talking about how big of a douche he is...that's exactly what they want us to think...he's the bad guy and every good show needs someone to hate on.

IMO, he IS a first class douche and I hope him and Jamie square off in the next elimination round. When Jamie knocks his ass out, Jamie says to him, "You wanna know what I do in the Navy, right?" George will look at him all dumbfounded and mumble something. Jamie will then say, "I rescue cocky little ****s like you out of a situations they can't get themselves out of on their own."

Interesting note from the Top Shot website, Jamie appears to have washed out twice attending BUD/S training. How difficult is it to even get accepted into the program?
    :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: yeah right, then george breaks him like a pencil using one arm

I think a lot of what seems like George being an ass is just him joking too ,heavy sarcasm

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: yeah right, then george breaks him like a pencil using one arm

I think a lot of what seems like George being an ass is just him joking too ,heavy sarcasm

Hey, I watched The Guardian on TV last night....uhhh, you mean real life isn't like the movies? :laugh: ;)

I think the producers are making George out to the bad guy, and it's working as evidenced by all the legions of folks on gun forums hating on the guy. It's reality TV...you have to have some internal drama, right?

You will probably know this...what's the aprocess to get enrolled in BUD/S? I'm guessing you have to exhibit skill sets above and beyond most everyone else in your particular branch/area in the military.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I wonder what happens if they miss.
    Do they get another shot?
    Does their vote not count.
    It should be an automatic vote for yourself. :P

Didn't a guy last season not even hit paper and hit the wood where the name is? I think he said he was trying to "dot the i" on someone's name or something....quick recover for a terrible shot. LOL

I agree it should be an automatic vote for yourself...hell, you miss the target and you're automatically going to elimination! That would teach them! :D

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Thanks for that link! Great interview so far (still listening).

Jay is giving a lot of insight into how the show evolved from Top Shot to just another episode of Survivor.

Nice little interaction with a cop and HOA, too. Funny!

Top Bottom