• Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    Yes George made a one shot kill.
    That is VERY impressive.
    That is necessary when you are a military sniper.
    You probably won't get a second shot.
    But, that wasn't the challenge was it?
    The challenge was to get the fastest time, yet he stubbornly refused to give any credit to those who did better than him at the challenge.
    His insisting that he is the best because he made a one shot kill is very similar to Jay insisting on his not changing his grip.
    If he can't learn to adapt what he was taught in the military, it will cost him in the end.
    IMHO of course

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Yes George made a one shot kill.
    That is VERY impressive.
    That is necessary when you are a military sniper.
    You probably won't get a second shot.
    But, that wasn't the challenge was it?
    The challenge was to get the fastest time, yet he stubbornly refused to give any credit to those who did better than him at the challenge.
    His insisting that he is the best because he made a one shot kill is very similar to Jay insisting on his not changing his grip.
    If he can't learn to adapt what he was taught in the military, it will cost him in the end.
    IMHO of course

he can adapt and im sure he could have easily won by throwing multiple rounds down range but he's a professional and said screw the challenge im doing it my way. I respect that because thats what I would have done. He held true to his special ops training :yesway:.
    He knew he wasnt going home, so who cares about being the so-called number one in that challenge? now if they were offering a prize worth anything good then sure go for it. but just for bragging rights of a fastest time no matter if you shoot 20 rounds ???? screw that. do it right once and be a pimp!

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    so the two Air Force guys get more love from the Marines than the Navy Armorer/Rescue swimmer...

last night's show was full of complete douche-baggery.

Joe and Ashley sucked, yet they put up Jaime and Jay..

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    when you have skills you can be a dousch bag. why waste air being fake like everyone else?

right.... but he DIDN'T win the one challenge that he should have.

So much for his "skillz"... he's only been so so in all the other challenges.

The only thing he's done better than anyone else is talk smack.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Let's ask the question another way... if Brian and D-Bag errr... George were opposing snipers each sitting behind the other's target. Who'd be dead now???

Methinks that George would still be lining up his shot when Brian's 50 BMG ripped him a new one...

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    There is being proud and confident and then there is being obnoxious and arrogant which George is. I hope Jamie wins it all.
    I would like to see Jerry Miculek in one of these Top Shots. How do you think he would do?

us_agent

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    I know I missed it, but why so much hate for Jamie? What did that guy do for the others to keep hating on him?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I know I missed it, but why so much hate for Jamie? What did that guy do for the others to keep hating on him?
    He isn't a marine. That's all I've gathered.

Some of those guys aren't setting a good example for our armed services. Brian (Gunny), Joe, Chris, and Jamie are at least keeping their traps shut, but this "marine brotherhood" stuff is pretty crappy. At least now Jamie will get a chance to start taking out the Marines - one by one in the elimination rounds if necessary.

I hope George gets his butt handed to him by Jamie. That would be a hoot.

The challenges are definitely separating the shooters from the talkers, though. Jay was certainly a GREAT shooter for someone with so much less experience than the rest.

SynnerG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    All I ever saw was George hating on him for not telling him what he did in the Navy, which we all see every episode floating under his name when he's being interviewed. He's a swim rescuer and worked in the armory, and even wears his rank badge on his hat. Not sure what the big secret is and why it's such a big deal for George. *shrug*

DemolitionMan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Avon, IN
    when you have skills you can be a dousch bag. why waste air being fake like everyone else?

Why waste air constantly berating someone whose only fault appears to be that he's in the Navy? George blathers on and on about how bad Jamie is, but all Jamie's done is survive challenge after challenge.

George seems to think he's an elite soldier and anyone who doesn't measure up to his standard is worthless. I've seen the same sort of attitude in civilian circumstances too (ever see a bunch of guitar players talk? Or programmers? :rolleyes:) but there seems to be someone like George in nearly every unit.

When I went to Army officer's basic, I had a lot of false expectations about Special Forces troops. I expected them to be a lot like George, all arrogant and snide. So when I got off the bus at Ft Lewis and saw the SF tab on a fellow cadet's shoulder I figured it was going to be a long course.

Ferrey completely surprised me though. He was a former NCO in the teams and now going for officer. He was also the most friendly, polite, even-keeled person in our training platoon. I only saw him lose his cool one time - when a showboating NCO tried to get him to remove his SF tab because it "wasn't part of the cadet uniform." Ferrey took the guy aside and had a very intense and very quiet chat that left the NCO pale and the tab where it belonged.

Over the weeks that followed, I saw him do some astounding things on the range and in our field exercises. You could tell he had a lot of pride in his skills, but he never bragged and spent a lot of time teaching the rest of us. I can honestly say I would follow him into any situation, anytime, anywhere. I would have no question that he would have my back.

Now compare that to George. If he were a sniper watching over my position, I'd have a lot of conifidence in his skills - but not so much his attitude. A jerk like that might decide, for example, that he "knows" where the enemy would come from, or that his orders were dumb, and change position or fire zone. I'd always wonder in the back of my head if I could rely on him. I could be wrong; maybe he just likes to run his mouth and he's the very model of a perfect soldier...but I doubt it.

It's been my experience that the most highly skilled people don't talk that much - because they don't need to. George seems to feel a need to prove himself for some reason.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I loved when George was told he did not have the fastest time. The look on his face was clasic. Also, if he is a Air Force sniper, then is he a PJ?

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson

Exactly, the best will be cocky. It will come down to Brian Zins and George. :twocents: My pick is gunny!! to much experience for George. If I had to go to combat I would want george next to me or in front of me.:D

I don't blame George for doing what he did. One Shot One Kill, Marines know no other way.

mms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Greenwood
    I loved when George was told he did not have the fastest time. The look on his face was clasic. Also, if he is a Air Force sniper, then is he a PJ?

I am wondering the same thing when he talks it says usaf, ( air force i I assume) so why does every one on here say he is a marine? 2 what snipers are in the air force?

what am i missing?

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Cocky yes, not quite as fast, yes, but like him or not George was still the best. I would much rather have a sniper that only takes ONE shot to take out the target at that distance and not a sniper that has to chase it down. I'm guessing that George was a victim of his training since all the shows I've ever seen about snipers you never see them hurry a shot.

Top Bottom