• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    Here is the actual number in case anyone cares

131 million voters cast their ballots in the 2008 election in which Barack Obama defeated John McCain by a 53% to 46% margin. Obama received 69.4 million votes, while McCain received 59.9 million.

In 2012, Obama defeated Romney by a 50% to 48% margin. Obama received 59.8 million votes, and Romney received 57.1 million votes -- 2.7 million fewer than Obama in 2012, but also 2.8 million fewer than McCain in 2008.

So 3 million registered republicans and those who voted third party who did not vote could have made a big difference.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    So 3 million registered republicans and those who voted third party who did not vote could have made a big difference.

What if they all live in states that went to Romney anyway? Then how much difference would it have made? Absolutely NONE. You see, without knowing the state-by-state breakdown we cannot conclude that at all.

But if it's true, then perhaps you should ask WHY they stayed home. Instead of pointing fingers, try to figure out what you need to do to get them back voting.

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    So you are patting yourself on the back because you did nothing...I as an American would be embarrassed to say that. When did doing nothing make a difference.

Unless evil is what you wanted, you are the one who did nothing of value. All you've done is make excuses and blame others.

I at least tried. Yes, I failed. That's part of life. I will try again. And again. Meanwhile the one thing you won't hear is me whining about it.

Meanwhile you choose evil over and over and lament the results.

I fail to see why I'm the one who should be embarrassed.

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy

There are no "registered Republicans" in Indiana. The system does not work that way. Hoosiers are either registered or they are not.

And just where do you get off demanding that everyone vote for the scumbag you're willing to accept? It would appear you think Americans are only Americans if they do as you say.

Dauvis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2013
    Morgan county
    Let me see... my choices were big government statist or big government statist. Neither of them were fit for the office. Sorry, unlike some people, I have my principles.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    What if they all live in states that went to Romney anyway? Then how much difference would it have made? Absolutely NONE. You see, without knowing the state-by-state breakdown we cannot conclude that at all.

But if it's true, then perhaps you should ask WHY they stayed home. Instead of pointing fingers, try to figure out what you need to do to get them back voting.

Why should I ask them why they stayed home...their votes were needed to stop our country from being destroyed and they did nothing. Myself, I would rather try and fail than do nothing and have failure anyway. And if you don't thing America is failing you need to wake up.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Why should I ask them why they stayed home...their votes were needed to stop our country from being destroyed and they did nothing. Myself, I would rather try and fail than do nothing and have failure anyway. And if you don't thing America is failing you need to wake up.
    My guess is they thought America was failing and did not think Romney was the answer and they have been told a 3rd party vote is a vote for Obama so they stayed home and did not vote at all because they did not want to be accused of casting a vote for Obama

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    Unless evil is what you wanted, you are the one who did nothing of value. All you've done is make excuses and blame others.

I at least tried. Yes, I failed. That's part of life. I will try again. And again. Meanwhile the one thing you won't hear is me whining about it.

Meanwhile you choose evil over and over and lament the results.

I fail to see why I'm the one who should be embarrassed.

So you vote for a third party that you know has no chance of winning...are you personally calling people and going door to door handing out information about how great that third party candidate is, have you spent your own money printing up fliers, doing fundraisers, going to the county fairs sitting up information booths. Have you reached out to others and asked them to do the same. I choose not to vote for someone who had no chance in winning and who was not trying to destroy our country. Romney was not perfect and he surely was not evil. he save many jobs that would have went away.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    So you vote for a third party that you know has no chance of winning...are you personally calling people and going door to door handing out information about how great that third party candidate is, have you spent your own money printing up fliers, doing fundraisers, going to the county fairs sitting up information booths. Have you reached out to others and asked them to do the same. I choose not to vote for someone who had no chance in winning and who was not trying to destroy our country. Romney was not perfect and he surely was not evil. he save many jobs that would have went away.

Which of these did you do for Romney?

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    He didnt vote for a statist pig, he did his part :twocents:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    There are no "registered Republicans" in Indiana. The system does not work that way. Hoosiers are either registered or they are not.

And just where do you get off demanding that everyone vote for the scumbag you're willing to accept? It would appear you think Americans are only Americans if they do as you say.

I am not demanding anything of anyone...I am expressing my opinion...just like you are. My opinion is when you vote for Obama who wants to destroy our country, by destroying the rich and middle class...I do not feel that you have Americas best interest at heart, but what you personally are going to get for free...Because that is how Obama got all those votes...vote for me and I will keep you on the government plantation....those mean repubs will create jobs and expect you to work.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    My guess is they thought America was failing and did not think Romney was the answer and they have been told a 3rd party vote is a vote for Obama so they stayed home and did not vote at all because they did not want to be accused of casting a vote for Obama

So they did nothing.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    Below is my ballot from our last election. I will be voting the same way if the Republicans don't change their tune.

Are you personally calling people and going door to door handing out information about how great that third party candidate is, have you spent your own money printing up fliers, doing fundraisers, going to the county fairs sitting up information booths. Have you reached out to others and asked them to do the same. . No one has ever called me about Gary Johnson, no one came to my door, I never seen an information booth, I have never been invited to a fundraiser...never even seen a bumper sticker or a yard sign, How many times did he visit Indiana and have rallies? Are you aware that Johnson ran as a republican?

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Are you personally calling people and going door to door handing out information about how great that third party candidate is, have you spent your own money printing up fliers, doing fundraisers, going to the county fairs sitting up information booths. Have you reached out to others and asked them to do the same. . No one has ever called me about Gary Johnson, no one came to my door, I never seen an information booth, I have never been invited to a fundraiser...never even seen a bumper sticker or a yard sign, How many times did he visit Indiana and have rallies? Are you aware that Johnson ran as a republican?
    Did you do it for Romney? No one called me about Romney or Obama, so what does that mean?

deal me in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2012
    Avon
    So they did nothing.

Doing nothing is usually better than doing the wrong thing. Everyone who voted for Romney enabled the Republican Party to continue to nominate New England Liberals/Rhinos for President. Voting for Romeny was a vote to make the GOP Democrat light. If you all are happy voting for Dem light, then more power to you. I'm sure it will turn out well.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

Because if you don't find out why they stayed home you can't address their concerns and get them back.

You'd rather try and fail than do nothing and have failure anyway? That's how we libertarians view our position too. Except we see people like ROMNEY as more fail.

Top Bottom