• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    You should also add in the 3 million people who have voted republican before did not vote this time. Boom different outcome. Shows everyone's vote makes a difference. Last election made a big impact on me, it was the last thing my mother and I did together...a life long democrat she voted for Romney.
    Obama got 10 million less votes and the Rino still couldnt win

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    You should also add in the 3 million people who have voted republican before did not vote this time. Boom different outcome.

I can't add them to the official numbers. They didn't vote. No boom, same outcome.

Shows everyone's vote makes a difference.

It shows the votes of Democrats and Republicans make a difference. Since third parties can't afford to buy elections third party votes don't count, remember? Zippy explained it in post #329.

Last election made a big impact on me, it was the last thing my mother and I did together...a life long democrat she voted for Romney.

Whaddayaknow. She remained philosophically a Democrat to the end.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    If you want to talk votes. I have come to the realization that presidential votes don't mean jack squat. When you look at the electoral college. States like California have more power when it comes to voting. Just look at the map after the votes were tallied, and your big cities were Blue. Which has the highest populations in the State, and the highest populations of Liberals in the State. Voting for Senate and Congress seats is much more important in my opinion, because they are responsible for voting on bills. I don't think I'll vote again for President.

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    ... Voting for Senate and Congress seats is much more important in my opinion, because they are responsible for voting on bills. I don't think I'll vote again for President.

I absolutely agree.

I don't really care who's President. What I want is for the President and House to be controlled by the same party, with the Senate controlled by the other party.

That way when the President grabs up too much power - he is supposed to be primarily a figurehead after all - he can be reigned in through impeachment. When the Senate is run by the same party we have the sort of problems we see now - the President grabbing up all sorts of extra-Constitutional power with his butt buddies in the Senate just grinning away. I want the House and Senate to be run by different parties so there will be gridlock. That way nothing but truly critical stuff stands a chance of getting done. Remember, no man is safe when the Legislature is in session, so let there be gridlock.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    If you want to talk votes. I have come to the realization that presidential votes don't mean jack squat. When you look at the electoral college. States like California have more power when it comes to voting. Just look at the map after the votes were tallied, and your big cities were Blue. Which has the highest populations in the State, and the highest populations of Liberals in the State. Voting for Senate and Congress seats is much more important in my opinion, because they are responsible for voting on bills. I don't think I'll vote again for President.

While the large states have more influence in the electoral college than smaller ones, they would have even more influence over the election in the event of a straight popular vote. The electoral college system is a compromise which works on the same principle as the two house legislative branch in which part of the influence is by population and part of it is by state. Under the system of the electoral college, small states are guaranteed a minimum amount of influence. This would not be the case in a straight popular election.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    While the large states have more influence in the electoral college than smaller ones, they would have even more influence over the election in the event of a straight popular vote. The electoral college system is a compromise which works on the same principle as the two house legislative branch in which part of the influence is by population and part of it is by state. Under the system of the electoral college, small states are guaranteed a minimum amount of influence. This would not be the case in a straight popular election.

So ... have states rights trump federal law and get rid of the electoral college?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    I can't add them to the official numbers. They didn't vote. No boom, same outcome.

It shows the votes of Democrats and Republicans make a difference. Since third parties can't afford to buy elections third party votes don't count, remember? Zippy explained it in post #329.

Whaddayaknow. She remained philosophically a Democrat to the end.

She finally became educated...and no she did not. A third party could make it if enough money was raised to be in line with the big boys.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon

Not with this president...he will just an executive order if it helps his cause. I think the 2014 election is going to be very important.

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    She finally became educated...and no she did not.

Too subtle? I was alluding to the fact that many consider Romney a Democrat who simply calls himself a Republican. In a very real sense, yes, she did.

A third party could make it if enough money was raised to be in line with the big boys.

In the end you're still talking about buying elections.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    Too subtle? I was alluding to the fact that many consider Romney a Democrat who simply calls himself a Republican. In a very real sense, yes, she did.

In the end you're still talking about buying elections.

I did not....I would have rather had another candidate, but he was my only choice, and I would never stay home, even if a retarded monkey was running against Obama I would have voted for the monkey. My call was anyone but Obama. It is about buying the vote....most people know nothing about the person they are voting for. They see commercials that is all. Like I said I knew what kind of president Obama was.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I did not....I would have rather had another candidate, but he was my only choice, and I would never stay home, even if a retarded monkey was running against Obama I would have voted for the monkey. My call was anyone but Obama. It is about buying the vote....most people know nothing about the person they are voting for. They see commercials that is all. Like I said I knew what kind of president Obama was.
    3rd party was anyone but Obama, just sayin

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    I did not....

You did not what?

I would have rather had another candidate, but he was my only choice,

It's unfortunate that you think that way, but it's your choice.

and I would never stay home, even if a retarded monkey was running against Obama I would have voted for the monkey.

From what you've said, you did.

My call was anyone but Obama.

I've heard that a lot. The numbers still added up to Obama. Maybe you're railing at the wrong people. You needed the claimed three million Republicans who were so unimpressed with Romney they stayed home.

It is about buying the vote....

That is the political world the Democrats and Republicans have crafted for themselves. It would seem we all suffer as a consequence. In a world where money buys elections isn't Bloomberg pretty much a shoe-in? He's already bought his way into the Rotten Apple.

most people know nothing about the person they are voting for. They see commercials that is all.

I've noticed that, often those people don't recognize their problem.

Like I said I knew what kind of president Obama was.

That's impressive. Most Republicans, at least those writing on INGO, complained that he was an ineffectual joke. Today they say they knew it all along. I don't understand how they can make that claim, but then I didn't see the Psychic Friends Hotline's bankruptcy coming either.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    You did not what?

It's unfortunate that you think that way, but it's your choice.

From what you've said, you did.

I've heard that a lot. The numbers still added up to Obama. Maybe you're railing at the wrong people. You needed the claimed three million Republicans who were so unimpressed with Romney they stayed home.

That is the political world the Democrats and Republicans have crafted for themselves. It would seem we all suffer as a consequence. In a world where money buys elections isn't Bloomberg pretty much a shoe-in? He's already bought his way into the Rotten Apple.

I've noticed that, often those people don't recognize their problem.

That's impressive. Most Republicans, at least those writing on INGO, complained that he was an ineffectual joke. Today they say they knew it all along. I don't understand how they can make that claim, but then I didn't see the Psychic Friends Hotline's bankruptcy coming either.

I don't know what I did not...was writing that in a hurry...I know in my heart that Romney would have been better than Obama for our country...given the 2 choices we had. A third party has never won an election in way over a 100 years. If that is to change, people need to get off their butts now. It takes money to run an election, so yes money does buy elections.
    My only hope is that Obama gets impeached so the MSM will stop portraying the democratic party as heroes.

Top Bottom