• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Are you personally calling people and going door to door handing out information about how great that third party candidate is, have you spent your own money printing up fliers, doing fundraisers, going to the county fairs sitting up information booths. Have you reached out to others and asked them to do the same. . No one has ever called me about Gary Johnson, no one came to my door, I never seen an information booth, I have never been invited to a fundraiser...never even seen a bumper sticker or a yard sign, How many times did he visit Indiana and have rallies? Are you aware that Johnson ran as a republican?

I donated, but that's about it. What I did do was vote for someone who would have improved our country instead of continuing its decline. You can't say the same.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    Did you do it for Romney? No one called me about Romney or Obama, so what does that mean?

Yes I did...I worked with the republican party in this area. I had 5 or 6 yard signs, I had bumper stickers on my cars and purchased more for others. I worked the phones. Last year I had my own booth at the fair but I put Romney and tea party info at my booth. Do you have a home phone line or just a cell phone. that makes a difference.

I have worked on smaller local campaigns from start to finish, first going door to door to get workers. Funny thing, when we lived in NC and we was working on this campaign and spending a ton of money on fliers, I meant a man who published a local news paper who made fliers for me for free if I brought him the paper. He ran his paper out of Snowdens General Store in Currituck NC. The store had been in his family for decades, but had been closed for years, but all the original stuff was still in it. I wonder if the Snowden on the news is related.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    I donated, but that's about it. What I did do was vote for someone who would have improved our country instead of continuing its decline. You can't say the same.

You have no idea what Romney or Johnson would of done, you did have an idea of what Obama would of done

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    Because if you don't find out why they stayed home you can't address their concerns and get them back.

You'd rather try and fail than do nothing and have failure anyway? That's how we libertarians view our position too. Except we see people like ROMNEY as more fail.

So in your eyes Obama was a better candidate....I do not understand that mind set. There was no guarantee Romney would fail...but the writing was on the wall about Obama, because he already had failed. I would have supported a true libertarian candidate, but I cannot stand someone who knows there country is being destroyed and wont vote for someone that could at least HAVE SLOWED DOWN THE DESTRUCTION. Johnson was a republican...he started to late and I very little difference in him and Romney on the major issues.

Gary Johnson vs Mitt Romney on the issues of the 2012 Presidential election

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Obama was the better candidate in the eyes of most, thats why he won. Please people, stop blaming people because of self-righteousness who didn't vote against Barry by voting for your candidate. The majority spoke on election day for what they wanted, it represents America, for better or for worse. Go convince the (D) that they are worse off with Barry......good luck.

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    So in your eyes Obama was a better candidate....I do not understand that mind set.

I'll bet he didn't vote for Obama. I certainly didn't. Because of that, your comment makes no sense.

There was no guarantee Romney would fail...but the writing was on the wall about Obama, because he already had failed.

Clearly you haven't actually looked at, or perhaps failed to understand, Romney's record in politics. Romney is a Democrat who calls himself a Republican. Oh look, handwriting...

Obama had actually been denied success by the Republicans. That was, of course, their job and is exactly the way things are supposed to work.

I would have supported a true libertarian candidate, but I cannot stand someone who knows there country is being destroyed and wont vote for someone that could at least HAVE SLOWED DOWN THE DESTRUCTION.

As I can not stand (that's hyperbole, actually, but chosen because it is your own turn of phrase) someone who won't vote for people who would have turned it around.

Question, as an aside: For whom did you vote in the primary?

Johnson was a republican...he started to late and I very little difference in him and Romney on the major issues.

Gary Johnson vs Mitt Romney on the issues of the 2012 Presidential election

ISideWithGaryJohnson_zps12953a2e.jpg

According to your own source it would seem I was right to vote Libertarian.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    Obama was the better candidate in the eyes of most, thats why he won. Please people, stop blaming people because of self-righteousness who didn't vote against Barry by voting for your candidate. The majority spoke on election day for what they wanted, it represents America, for better or for worse. Go convince the (D) that they are worse off with Barry......good luck.

What I am saying is those who voted third party are getting what they asked for by thinking voting for a third party helped this country. The majority spoke who were getting free stuff, those who have white guilt and those who were uneducated, that just because Obama was a democrat, they believed his lies.

Like I said many times in this thread, those who want a third party cannot wait until the summer of 2016 to help get that candidate elected.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    You then didn't compare the two's record as governors. One of them vetoed almost half the bills given to him. The other... signed what will become the framework for Obamacare.

I was talking about issues that affect the whole country not just their states...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    I'll bet he didn't vote for Obama. I certainly didn't. Because of that, your comment makes no sense.

Clearly you haven't actually looked at, or perhaps failed to understand, Romney's record in politics. Romney is a Democrat who calls himself a Republican. Oh look, handwriting...

Obama had actually been denied success by the Republicans. That was, of course, their job and is exactly the way things are supposed to work.

As I can not stand (that's hyperbole, actually, but chosen because it is your own turn of phrase) someone who won't vote for people who would have turned it around.

Question, as an aside: For whom did you vote in the primary?

ISideWithGaryJohnson_zps12953a2e.jpg

According to your own source it would seem I was right to vote Libertarian.

I posted that purely for the major issues for the US not all candidates just Romney and Johnson as you can tell they both were about equal on the issues. I f wanted Cain, but I voted for Romney., I wanted anyone who could have a chance to defeat Obama...that was my number one objective was to get him out of office. And Johnson is a republican who calls himself a libertarian.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    What I am saying is those who voted third party are getting what they asked for by thinking voting for a third party helped this country.

Well dont think that a vote for Republicans helped this country either. We are, where we are at today, because of Reps AND Dems. Why do you still want to blame us?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    I posted that purely for the major issues for the US not all candidates just Romney and Johnson as you can tell they both were about equal on the issues. I f wanted Cain, but I voted for Romney., I wanted anyone who could have a chance to defeat Obama...that was my number one objective was to get him out of office. And Johnson is a republican who calls himself a libertarian.

And Romney was a Democrat that calls himself a Republican ... Your point?

El-Cigarro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    What I am saying is those who voted third party are getting what they asked for by thinking voting for a third party helped this country. The majority spoke who were getting free stuff, those who have white guilt and those who were uneducated, that just because Obama was a democrat, they believed his lies.

Like I said many times in this thread, those who want a third party cannot wait until the summer of 2016 to help get that candidate elected.
    ^ ^ T H I S ^ ^ :rockwoot:

Dauvis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2013
    Morgan county
    Romney care was not the frame work for Obama care...do your home work.

I did and I found the similarities to be rather uncanny and I am not the only person that has noticed it. Regardless, both laws are a huge intrusion of government into people's lives. Both include the individual mandate, again a huge intrusion of government. As far as I am concerned, that letter next to the name on the ballot does not exonerate anything.

I was talking about issues that affect the whole country not just their states...

I put more stock into a politician's record that I do with a questionnaire that the politician answered. Their records give an insight in how they would govern as president. In my opinion, the records show that Johnson was a much better candidate. While Romney might have slowed down the downward spiral, I think Johnson might have stopped or even reversed it.

Jomibe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Two sides of the same coin. Both sides want many of the same things but just for different reasons.

High gas prices: check
    Open borders: check

There's more, but I stopped caring enough to waste time thinking about it any more. The older I get the more I hate politics. I just live my life and let God control all those things. What we get as a nation, good or bad, is what we ultimately deserve.

Top Bottom