• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The thing that really turned me off on him is the legalizing of all drugs. I'm not saying the war on drugs is working, nor do I have the answers, but I can't wrap my head around legalizing drugs.

What am I missing?

Look at the push to have government health care. The attitude is screw up your life and society will cover the costs.

Even legalizing marijuana would have costs to society. Even if we did not cover health costs, pot heads drag society down the way that drunks do. BTW, we are just now getting an idea of the medical problems of smoking pot (any form of smoking is a health risk). We are seeing cancers due to pot smoking just now showing up.

Not saying that we should not legalize pot. Just let the big tobacco companies control it. That way we get the tax money. And all taxes on pot, alcohol or tobacco should be ONLY for covering the health costs of using such drugs.

Not sure about legalizing other drugs. Should we allow people to just buy any drug? Or should some drugs be taken under supervision of a doctor? Maybe we should go the way that Switzerland has gone. They have made heroin, cocaine, meth, PCP drugs that can be administered by a doctor but only used at special clinics. They treat drug usage as a health problem. You want to shoot up? Fine, just get low cost drugs at the clinic, and use them under supervision. It will not be a recreational activity but rather a mental health problem.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ok buddy, every recent republican has without a doubt infringed upon freedom, contributed to the welfare state, aided the war on drugs and war on terror and done almost nothing that i feel has much value....when they change that, then you can have my vote..otherwise claiming your R's are sooo much better than your D's is just crap

What you seem to forget is that 80% of those voting for demcorats are as corrupt as their leaders. The average democrat voter is evil.

With republicans, and you only seem to focus on the leaders not the voters, nearly 90% of the voters are people who tend to be supporters of freedom. The problem is that the establishment types have control of the system.

The libertarians are just clueless idiots as a voting block.

So you have a choice between a corrupt democrat, a weak republican or a clueless libertarian.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    What you seem to forget is that 80% of those voting for demcorats are as corrupt as their leaders. The average democrat voter is evil.

With republicans, and you only seem to focus on the leaders not the voters, nearly 90% of the voters are people who tend to be supporters of freedom. The problem is that the establishment types have control of the system.

The libertarians are just clueless idiots as a voting block.

So you have a choice between a corrupt democrat, a weak republican or a clueless libertarian.

Why, in your opinion, are the libertarians cllueless? And, what can they do as candidates and voters to change that assertion? If 90% of repub voters are good, why do they all vote for not so good candidates, why cant the repub voters find a candidate who ACTUALLY represents them?

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Why, in your opinion, are the libertarians cllueless? And, what can they do as candidates and voters to change that assertion? If 90% of repub voters are good, why do they all vote for not so good candidates, why cant the repub voters find a candidate who ACTUALLY represents them?

Because the average libertarian has little understanding of how the system works thus no idea of how to make it work the way they want. They ignore the huge influence of the media or how the universities have been at the center of this corruption. All they do is complain about republicans.

Most conservatives, about 80% of all republicans, are frustrated with the system as well. Back in the 1980s the GOP chairman of Marion Co. (Sweezey) pushed through a series of laws that got rid of electing precinct committeemen every two years then reorganizing the party that summer. Thus the establishment gained control (a very small number of people). This same process happened across the nation. Plus they opened republican presidential primaries to everyone thus allowing the democrats to elect who the republicans were going to run as president (no more Reagans).

What we have now is that we can influence the congressional races and statehouse races. That is where the constitutional power is anyway. Only a corrupt president, ie Obama or Clinton, uses unconstitutional means to side step congress. This is why republicans have been gaining power in the off year elections but having problems with the presidential years.

But as long a libertarians are stuck within their idealism, they will remain clueless.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

They DO vote for candidates who actually represent them. McCain, Romney, etc. could not make it onto the ballots if the majority of the Republican party didn't support them.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They DO vote for candidates who actually represent them. McCain, Romney, etc. could not make it onto the ballots if the majority of the Republican party didn't support them.

Actually in the primary is far less than 50% so it is not the majority. If there are many candidates on the primary then the winner might only have 35% of the vote. And many states it is winner take all thus someone can be nominated with far less than the majority.

Again that type of thinking is why libertarians are seen as clueless.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Actually in the primary is far less than 50% so it is not the majority. If there are many candidates on the primary then the winner might only have 35% of the vote. And many states it is winner take all thus someone can be nominated with far less than the majority.

Again that type of thinking is why libertarians are seen as clueless.

You call US clueless because we refuse to play your game and vote for someone who doesn't represent us. By extension that must mean you vote for people who represent you. Or you're even more clueless than US.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You call US clueless because we refuse to play your game and vote for someone who doesn't represent us. By extension that must mean you vote for people who represent you. Or you're even more clueless than US.

No libertarians are clueless because they are simplistic idiots who believes in fairetales and myths rather than understanding how the system works. yes it would be nice if we did live up to the standards of the constitution. But that take a people who are moral. And most Americans today are corrupt. You refuse to understand that. You refuse to see that there is a corruption within the American PEOPLE that is destroying this country. And that the source of that corrupting flows from our universities.
    By the time we get a candidate nominated for president, no one has a choice. Are you so uneducated that you can not see that it only take a minority to swing a primary? Or that we have allowed democrats to vote in republican primaries? Thus we get weak candidates who are set up to lose to the democrats.

It is going to take about 50 years to clean up the mess. First we have to retire most BabyBoomers out of the universities and replace them with Asian (they make up about 70% of all PhD candidates). Then purge the universities of feminists and the other weirdos. That will allow kids to receive a far better education. Then we have to get more libertarians in as professors. This is how you start.

Here is a typical democrat voter. See how corrupt his thinking is
    DemocratsLettertotheEditor.jpg

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy

"Can't run for president because their mothers had a C-section"

WTH ? Surely this is a joke . :dunno:

What's really sad is that they're folks out there that stupid that are allowed to vote .

Which is also why I advocate changing the legal voting age to at least 30 , that way even if you don't follow politics you have some life experience and can make some sort of an educated guess .

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    No libertarians are clueless because they are simplistic idiots who believes in fairetales and myths rather than understanding how the system works. yes it would be nice if we did live up to the standards of the constitution. But that take a people who are moral. And most Americans today are corrupt. You refuse to understand that. You refuse to see that there is a corruption within the American PEOPLE that is destroying this country. And that the source of that corrupting flows from our universities.
    By the time we get a candidate nominated for president, no one has a choice. Are you so uneducated that you can not see that it only take a minority to swing a primary? Or that we have allowed democrats to vote in republican primaries? Thus we get weak candidates who are set up to lose to the democrats.

It is going to take about 50 years to clean up the mess. First we have to retire most BabyBoomers out of the universities and replace them with Asian (they make up about 70% of all PhD candidates). Then purge the universities of feminists and the other weirdos. That will allow kids to receive a far better education. Then we have to get more libertarians in as professors. This is how you start.

DemocratsLettertotheEditor.jpg

We don't refuse to acknowledge or understand the corruption in today's world. We just refuse to be a part of it. And you call US clueless, idiots, stupid, morons, etc. :rolleyes: You might want to learn the difference between "clueless" and "principled."

As far as all the problems with the Republican primaries go? Blame the Republicans. Don't blame the third party voters who have nothing to do with it. Your party has ****ed you. You can't blame US for THAT. YOUR party is disintegrating before our very eyes due to the stupid decisions they've made. That's nobody's fault but their own.

The Republicans have brought us higher taxes, Patriot Acts, so-called "Homeland Security", the TSA, warrantless wiretaps, GITMO as a prison camp, Abu Ghraib, waterboarding, wars against people who didn't attack us, corruption, deficits and debt, asset forfeiture without due process, all kinds of stuff many REPUBLICANS don't want.

You guys say "find me a Libertarian who has a chance to win and I'll vote for him." Well, find me a Republican worth voting for and he might just get my vote.

edited to add: and the letter to the editor is an obvious joke. :rolleyes:

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We don't refuse to acknowledge or understand the corruption in today's world. We just refuse to be a part of it. And you call US clueless, idiots, stupid, morons, etc. :rolleyes: You might want to learn the difference between "clueless" and "principled."

As far as all the problems with the Republican primaries go? Blame the Republicans. Don't blame the third party voters who have nothing to do with it. Your party has ****ed you. You can't blame US for THAT. YOUR party is disintegrating before our very eyes due to the stupid decisions they've made. That's nobody's fault but their own.

The Republicans have brought us higher taxes, Patriot Acts, so-called "Homeland Security", the TSA, warrantless wiretaps, GITMO as a prison camp, Abu Ghraib, waterboarding, wars against people who didn't attack us, corruption, deficits and debt, asset forfeiture without due process, all kinds of stuff many REPUBLICANS don't want.

You guys say "find me a Libertarian who has a chance to win and I'll vote for him." Well, find me a Republican worth voting for and he might just get my vote.

edited to add: and the letter to the editor is an obvious joke. :rolleyes:

Principles is just an excuse for being uneducated. Remember that you can be right but DEAD right as well.

If you were that principled then you would be take on evil democrat voters. Instead you only target republicans.

Last edited:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Principles is just an excuse for being uneducated. Remember that you can be right but DEAD right as well.

If you were that principled then you would be killing evil democrat voters.

:rolleyes:

This is one of the most ridiculously stupid things I've ever read on the internet. And I've read some pretty stupid things.

I think this is really the best you can do in a discussion like this. You resort to argumentum ad hominem and argumentum ad absurdum, and that's all of you've really got. Why? Because you know full well that the Republican Party has done everything I said it has done. You can't argue with those facts, obviously. Or you would have.

With that, I'm done with you. Any further discussion with you would be absolutely pointless because you don't actually discuss. You sidestep, harangue and insult.

Be off with you.

Last edited:

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

This is one of the most ridiculously stupid things I've ever read on the internet. And I've read some pretty stupid things.

I think this is really the best you can do in a discussion like this. You resort to argumentum ad hominem and argumentum ad absurdum, and that's all of you've really got. Why? Because you know full well that the Republican Party has done everything I said it has done.

With that, I'm done with you. Any further discussion with you would be absolutely pointless because you don't actually discuss. You sidestep, harangue and insult.

Be off with you.

No, it is that you are losing. I do not expect you to kill. But if you are as Principles as you claim to be then you would be willing to die, to kill, for what you believe. And that does not mean a defensive fight against government. Rather a strike at the supporters of democrats.

Frankly you are not even willing to go after democrats, to confront the evilness that they support. If you are so principled then why are you only going after republicans? What keeps you from going after true evil?

At least the Muslims have guts. They fight, are willing to die,for what they believe. You will not even confront a democrat!

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    No, it is that you are losing. I do not expect you to kill. But if you are as Principles as you claim to be then you would be willing to die, to kill, for what you believe. And that does not mean a defensive fight against government. Rather a strike at the supporters of democrats.

Frankly you are not even willing to go after democrats, to confront the evilness that they support. If you are so principled then why are you only going after republicans? What keeps you from going after true evil?

At least the Muslims have guts. They fight, are willing to die,for what they believe. You will not even confront a democrat!

Do you really believe the tripe you're spewing here?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Oh,HO! Well, when you and J come up with a decent 3rd Party guy, let me know.....:D:rolleyes:;)

So basically you're saying, that you'll vote to be a "serf," rather than a "slave." Personally, I'll vote to be a free man, regardless of the "electability" of the candidate that wants to help keep me free.

El-Cigarro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    So basically you're saying, that you'll vote to be a "serf," rather than a "slave." Personally, I'll vote to be a free man, regardless of the "electability" of the candidate that wants to help keep me free.
    He can't help anyone, if no one wants to VOTE for him!!! :):

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

No what everyone is saying is that it is too easy for an establishment candidate to win with a third of the vote in a primary. Especially if the democrats can cross over and vote in the GOP primaries. The dems want a weak republican, ie an establishment types, so that their guy can win.

And the dems stack their primaries so that they only have one candidate running.

There are two things that you can do. One is get far more involved, realizing that the system is stacked. Be a state delegate, pick one person out in the primary then get people to vote them. The establishment types will only have one candidate. There will be three or more conservatives or libertarians in the GOP primary for president. The potential candidates are now out there trying to get support. Single out the best now then help him win the primaries.

it would not hurt to pressure the state legislature to change the rules either. Make the GOP primary closed, no democrats allowed to vote in it. And change the precinct committeeman elections back to every two years with a total party reorganization. that way there is grassroots power.

And go after democrats. Get into verbal battles with them. They like to hide so that all they are surrounded with are people like them. Confront the myths they believe (lies that they tell themselves) like how they are moderates or that they are "liberal" (libertarian). Confront them on the evilness that they believe in. Show them that they are being corrupted.

Organize. Organize! Organize!!

Top Bottom