• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Is it so hard to admit it is the Repubs that are fighting gun control, IRS conservative/political targeting, Benghazi inquiries, etc.? In the here and now Repubs are on our side. If it was up to the Libertarians to fight these battles NOTHING would be done which is just what the Libertarians are doing right Now. NOTHING but barking about every past sin any Repub in history has committed.

Wouldn't it be better to join forces now with those who are actively fighting for your rights now and sort out differences later?

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    They're trying their damndest to create family dynasties. Right now, I'm hearing Hillary Clinton vs Jeb Bush, which will mean either the Bush Dynasty or the Clinton Dynasty comprising the last 25 years of the Presidency. There are 300 million Americans. Can you POSSIBLY pick someone who has some new ideas?

^ Aint that the truth! But, but, they picked Obama didn't they? I suppose that's why the idiots out there are fleeing back to more familiar territory LOL.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Is it so hard to admit it is the Repubs that are fighting gun control, IRS conservative/political targeting, Benghazi inquiries, etc.? In the here and now Repubs are on our side. If it was up to the Libertarians to fight these battles NOTHING would be done which is just what the Libertarians are doing right Now. NOTHING but barking about every past sin any Repub in history has committed.

Wouldn't it be better to join forces now with those who are actively fighting for your rights now and sort out differences later?
    How do we join forces with them now besides writing letters, making calls to the idiots that made it in to office? I do not see Romney helping with anything and if he were to run again I would still not vote for him again

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

No it's not.... but what you should be asking yourself is woud they be "fighting" or "asking the same questions," if it was a Republican doing these things. I tend to believe that they wouldn't be nearly so vocal; if at all.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Let's see ,

Dems want - a country full of immigrants , without secure borders or individual rights , trying to redistribute the wealth and make a few folks rich in the process as long as your one of the "elite" , your fine .

Think Demolition man and have a joy joy day .

Retards want - a country full of immigrants , without secure borders and restricted rights (Bush era AWB and patriot act ) , making the "elite" rich on the backs of cheap labor , and making their friends rich with constant wars .

Think 1984 and watch what you say and think .

These effer's are all the same and every last one of'em need to tar'd and feathered .

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Republicas are left of center and has been for decades or more. The Democrats are way left of center. My Grandfather never knew the Demos to be right of center.

I for one will never say those two partys are the same. However, the day may come they may join forces as one Maxist party.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Quote:
    No it's not.... but what you should be asking yourself is woud they be "fighting" or "asking the same questions," if it was a Republican doing these things.
    I tend to believe that they wouldn't be nearly so vocal; if at all.

That's another strawman. I don't care what someone may do, I am concerned with what they are doing in the here and now.

I am probably way more Conservative/Libertarian than most Repubs and I have no love to the likes of Graham/Mcain/Chiesa. At the same time I recognize that for anyone to represent me, first they have to be elected. My "protest" vote for an unelectable or a write in candidate will not get me representation when it counts, like right now.

I do my best not to tell others what they should do and certainly not who to vote for, but simply complaining isn't going to help anything. I urge everyone to think through what it REALLY takes to get things to change or move in a direction you want. Whomever is trying to move things in YOUR direction is your ally right now and it does little good to carp away at those allies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Republicas are left of center and has been for decades or more. The Democrats are way left of center. My Grandfather never knew the Demos to be right of center.

I for one will never say those two partys are the same. However, the day may come they may join forces as one Maxist party.

It's apparent your grandfather never spent any significant time in the South, because that notion is absolutely insane to me.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    You press the button for a 3rd party, you might as well vote straight dem!
    The Repubs are the ones fighting for our gun rights!:patriot:

Once again, where is this fighting for our rights you keep talking about. On average, R's are less hostile, but not particularly helpful. This argument devolves into something very similar to asking whether you prefer being shot with a 9mm or a .45. Personally, I prefer not being shot.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Quote:

At the same time I recognize that for anyone to represent me, first they have to be elected. My "protest" vote for an unelectable or a write in candidate will not get me representation when it counts, like right now.

Lol

Are you really suggesting that by voting for someone who doesn't represent you because they can win, you're somehow getting someone that represents YOU?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Quote:
    No it's not.... but what you should be asking yourself is woud they be "fighting" or "asking the same questions," if it was a Republican doing these things.
    I tend to believe that they wouldn't be nearly so vocal; if at all.

That's another strawman. I don't care what someone may do, I am concerned with what they are doing in the here and now.

I am probably way more Conservative/Libertarian than most Repubs and I have no love to the likes of Graham/Mcain/Chiesa. At the same time I recognize that for anyone to represent me, first they have to be elected. My "protest" vote for an unelectable or a write in candidate will not get me representation when it counts, like right now.

I do my best not to tell others what they should do and certainly not who to vote for, but simply complaining isn't going to help anything. I urge everyone to think through what it REALLY takes to get things to change or move in a direction you want. Whomever is trying to move things in YOUR direction is your ally right now and it does little good to carp away at those allies.

First, and don't take this personally (as I see it a lot), but your employment of strawman is completely incorrect. A Strawman Fallacy is misrepresenting an opponent's argument in order to refute it easier. I didn't refute any of your stance, I only asked you to consider another option.

Second, I despise the choosing of a "lesser of two evils" mentality; as if it helps in any way. Such beliefs always end up in a "net gain" of evil, so what's the point? Where's the nobleness of the belief (and here's a hint: it doesn't exist). Are you going to pick the guy who murders 10 people, over the guy that hasn't murdered any, because he has a "better chance" of defeating the guy who murdered 100? In the end, you're still supporting a murder, albeit "less" of one.

Fault those that share my belief, if you like, but I'd rather choose the guy I don't think will take steal from my pocket, over the guys that will... though to, apparently, differing degrees.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Jimmy Carter
    Robert Bird

and on and on.

VT Vet, is a Vietnam Veteran (thank you for your service), which pust him at around my father's age. His grandfather, would be of as similar age of my great-grandfather. I'm a southern boy, and I can tell you with 100% certainty, that if Southern Democrats of that time were around today, they would be far and away the most powerful conservative political group in the nation.

Republicans didn't truly start to become a conservative force (this is debateable) until Goldwater carried the south in '64 or Ronnie's '80 election.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    VT Vet, is a Vietnam Veteran (thank you for your service), which pust him at around my father's age. His grandfather, would be of as similar age of my great-grandfather. I'm a southern boy, and I can tell you with 100% certainty, that if Southern Democrats of that time were around today, they would be far and away the most powerful conservative political group in the nation.

Republicans didn't truly start to become a conservative force (this is debateable) until Goldwater carried the south in '64 or Ronnie's '80 election.
    As a Mississippian I can attest to this. Southern dems of the time make republican "conservatives" look like a bunch of hippies. I had relatives who were dems and they were so far right it was frightening. Some people have no ideas of the roots of conservatism in this country and the rise of the dem left. Republicans of the same time were lefties.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

I can see your point. I would, however, point out that the Democratic party of Franklin Roosevelt and the Democratic party of Strom Thurmond were for all practical purposes two different institutions.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I can see your point. I would, however, point out that the Democratic party of Franklin Roosevelt and the Democratic party of Strom Thurmond were for all practical purposes two different institutions.

Certainly true, that's why I assumed that VN Vet's father had never really spent time in the south.

Top Bottom