• ...and so much more!
  • zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    The irony is thick with this one.

We have a 2 party system, its b.s. and i know it, you know it, but thats it, so you really have 2 choices at yours and my small level, so lets see, vote romney or obama, OR you can vote third party and get no where as usual to make a statement? nice work but it does nothing, there arent enough informed people for that, this is how it is, and if you dont see that then fine. We know one thing, Romney would not do the things obama has done, its that simple, so do you want romney, or obama, or just to stay at home? The truth hurts, and its hit me hard over the years. This country is consumed by politics and its awful, the best we can do at this point is not allow the democrats to run anything, and if by voting for a guy with the best chance is it, then thats it.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    We have a 2 party system, its b.s. and i know it, you know it, but thats it, so you really have 2 choices at yours and my small level

It's a two-party system only because people like you refuse to vote for a third party because (in your words) it has no chance of winning. So, your interest is being on the winning side, not in being on the right side.

deal me in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2012
    Avon
    We have a 2 party system, its b.s. and i know it, you know it, but thats it, so you really have 2 choices at yours and my small level, so lets see, vote romney or obama, OR you can vote third party and get no where as usual to make a statement? nice work but it does nothing, there arent enough informed people for that, this is how it is, and if you dont see that then fine. We know one thing, Romney would not do the things obama has done, its that simple, so do you want romney, or obama, or just to stay at home? The truth hurts, and its hit me hard over the years. This country is consumed by politics and its awful, the best we can do at this point is not allow the democrats to run anything, and if by voting for a guy with the best chance is it, then thats it.

By participating in the corrupt two-party system, you endorse it and help to keep it in place. Some of us have decided not to go along with the corruption and not lend our support to a system that has us choose between two sides of the same coin. Which party expanded medicare to include prescription drug coverage? Which party thinks it's a good idea to spend more on the military than the rest of the world combined? The Republicans may be less bad than the Dems on some issues, but less bad isn't getting my vote because it's still bad.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Romney is an empty suit who would have done nothing to curb the pervasive spying, warrentless wiretaps, increased military / police state, drone strikes, out of control spending, etc. He likely wouldn't have made guns an issue, but that's about the only area where he differs from Obama.

I have never voted a third party presidential candidate for many of the same reasons as the OP. After this mess I don't see voting for one of the big 2 parties anytime soon. We have to start somewhere.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    By participating in the corrupt two-party system, you endorse it and help to keep it in place. Some of us have decided not to go along with the corruption and not lend our support to a system that has us choose between two sides of the same coin. Which party expanded medicare to include prescription drug coverage? Which party thinks it's a good idea to spend more on the military than the rest of the world combined? The Republicans may be less bad than the Dems on some issues, but less bad isn't getting my vote because it's still bad.

QFT

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Romney was not "my man" but here is how I looked at it, the country is racing to destruction. Obummer will hold the gas pedal to the floor, Romney would not be able to stop it, but would at least ride the brakes.

This last election, enough conservative voters stayed home to firmly set a 3rd party candidate. Setting home, only allows evil to prosper.

One of the things about the internet, is it makes a lot of well informed complainers. Complaining on a web site does nothing, you have to be more involved. Find a party you basically agree with at least on some level, throw your support there and get involved in that party to try to change things. Show up at some meetings or conventions, write and call, with clear messages, not rantings. If the party has drifted off base, that is because people have set back and done nothing, which is actually giving permission to allow the decay.

When was the last time you wrote a representitive or senator thanking them for voting correctlyon a bill, or thank them for their effort fighting a piece of crap?

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Romney was not "my man" but here is how I looked at it, the country is racing to destruction. Obummer will hold the gas pedal to the floor, Romney would not be able to stop it, but would at least ride the breaks.

This last election, enough conservitive voters stayed home to firmly set a 3rd party candidate, buy setting home only allows evil to prosper.

One of the things about the internet, is it makes a lot of well informed complainers. Complaining on a web site does nothing, you have to be more involved. Find a party you basically agree with at least on some level, throw your support there and get involved in that party to try to change things. SHow up at some meetings or conventions, write and call, with clear messages, not rantings. If the party has drifted off base, that is because people have set back and done nothing, which is actually giving permission to allow the decay.

I think you forget what the leaders of the Republican party did to people like Ron Paul in the primaries last time, they started changing the rules to make sure their man got the nod

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    It's a two-party system only because people like you refuse to vote for a third party because (in your words) it has no chance of winning. So, your interest is being on the winning side, not in being on the right side.

People like Zippy and me don't vote for a third party because so far no third-party candidate has surfaced who isn't bat-crap crazy in some form or another. When a third-party candidate who has conservative values manages to get elected to local, then state, then national government; when a third-party gains enough traction to get more than a percentage or two of a state-wide election, THEN maybe a vote for a third-party candidate won't feel so much like throwing away a vote to us.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    People like Zippy and me don't vote for a third party because so far no third-party candidate has surfaced who isn't bat-crap crazy in some form or another. When a third-party candidate who has conservative values manages to get elected to local, then state, then national government; when a third-party gains enough traction to get more than a percentage or two of a state-wide election, THEN maybe a vote for a third-party candidate won't feel so much like throwing away a vote to us.

Read: wants to kill all Muslims.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    Funny that'd he'd just bash the establishment guy McCain in one thread and bash us for not voting for the latest establishment guy. I thinking he's suffering from multiple personality disorder.

DO YOU NOT GET IT?? you have 2 choices, REPUBLICAN OR DEMOCRAT, so you would rather vote neither and allow obama in?? Shows how stupid you are. amazing. you actually believe you can make a difference in voting third party. hilarious. i would love it if third party would win, but FACTS are more important than ideology. YOU LOSE voting third party every time. deal with it, i have. too much money and power, this is the american political way. to think otherwise is foolishness. i dont want it, but lets be serious. you have lost, and will everytime. you contributed to obama's re-election. so sad

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    You may well be right. It seems all the parties keep nominating their stereotypical candidates and we'll rewind and repeat the same old tired arguments from past elections.

Republicans will NOT go after banning guns, how is this even an argument?????????????????????????? are you really serious? Yeah neither candidate might be EXACTLY what you want, but holy crap, obama vs. ANY REPUBLICAN candidate? how is that even a tough choice?

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Hey zippy, here's a lesson for you. The guy who is losing the argument can always be recognized by the name calling.

Calling people stupid and morons is not cool. Knock it off.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    C'mon Zippy...you might want to rethink the tone in that last post. I'm one of those that tend to agree with you and Blackhawk in voting strategy. But those that choose to vote for 3rd party candidates are not necessarily stupid.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Republicans will NOT go after banning guns, how is this even an argument?????????????????????????? are you really serious? Yeah neither candidate might be EXACTLY what you want, but holy crap, obama vs. ANY REPUBLICAN candidate? how is that even a tough choice?

I'd probably vote for Barry 51% of the time. There's something to be said about a known quantity.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    C'mon Zippy...you might want to rethink the tone in that last post. I'm one of those that tend to agree with you and Blackhawk in voting strategy. But those that choose to vote for 3rd party candidates are not necessarily stupid.

We just recognize the charade for what it really is.

Who is John Galt?

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    DO YOU NOT GET IT?? you have 2 choices, REPUBLICAN OR DEMOCRAT, so you would rather vote neither and allow obama in?? Shows how stupid you are. amazing. you actually believe you can make a difference in voting third party. hilarious. i would love it if third party would win, but FACTS are more important than ideology. YOU LOSE voting third party every time. deal with it, i have. too much money and power, this is the american political way. to think otherwise is foolishness. i dont want it, but lets be serious. you have lost, and will everytime. you contributed to obama's re-election. so sad
    Those of us that voted third party did not cost Romney the election, the died in the wool Republicans stayed home by the millions because they were so disgusted by what the party foisted upon them.

Quit blaming us. A lot of us here thought voting 3rd party was stupid years ago, then we got smarter.

Top Bottom