• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You obviously don't have the first damn clue why we're in the mess we're in.

You'd do well to take a break from WRITING on INGO and go to your library, or even the rest of the internet to do some READING to understand a bit about history and where we are.

Then, MAYBE, you'll have something other than thin air under and insults around your well-developed opinions.

This is what frustrates me more than anything about INGO, and really just about any other site with political sub-forum. Obama sux, Bush sux'd... the next guy will probably be the suxors too, but people are so blindly faithful to "their" party, that they will defend it to the bitter end. That is one way early Americans show their superiority, when "their" party ran afoul of their beliefs, they moved on. There have been EIGHT different parties that held the presidency, which of course indicates that there was a time when the "rule of two (not in a Sith way)" didn't apply. We need take cues from our forefathers, and be committed to our beliefs not parties.

uberpeck

Marksman
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Mar 2, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    It would take a man who has enough integrity, courage, and chutzpah for 20,000 men to successfully run as a third party candidate; can you imagine all of the money that would be wafted in front of his face to drop the race? Can you imagine all of the threats against his life, his wife's life, his children's life so that he would quit the cause. Fellas, it lies underneath the political surface, but is a well known fact for all mankind, that greed and fear change minds quickly. As a result, few good men make the cut. Would you be willing to give up the life of a king, or on the other hand the life of your family, to win an election?

Either way, sacrifice is an inherent part of change. Who has the fortitude to supplant such temptations for the good of the country?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Don't do it OP!
    Bachelor-Party-1984-80s-films-17483161-853-480.jpg

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    You obviously don't have the first damn clue why we're in the mess we're in.

You'd do well to take a break from WRITING on INGO and go to your library, or even the rest of the internet to do some READING to understand a bit about history and where we are.

Then, MAYBE, you'll have something other than thin air under and insults around your well-developed opinions.
    You mean that there is more to the internet than INGO? :eek:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    DO YOU NOT GET IT?? you have 2 choices, REPUBLICAN OR DEMOCRAT, so you would rather vote neither and allow obama in?? Shows how stupid you are. amazing. you actually believe you can make a difference in voting third party. hilarious. i would love it if third party would win, but FACTS are more important than ideology. YOU LOSE voting third party every time. deal with it, i have. too much money and power, this is the american political way. to think otherwise is foolishness. i dont want it, but lets be serious. you have lost, and will everytime. you contributed to obama's re-election. so sad
    That's odd. I distinctly remember 3 parties and 3 choices on my ballot when I voted. I also remember voting for the candidate who wasn't a turd and who had a lot more experience than Obamney and who was a better candidate. I had 3 choices. Looks like you need to file a complaint with your local voting board, you were cheated.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    This is what frustrates me more than anything about INGO, and really just about any other site with political sub-forum. Obama sux, Bush sux'd... the next guy will probably be the suxors too, but people are so blindly faithful to "their" party, that they will defend it to the bitter end. That is one way early Americans show their superiority, when "their" party ran afoul of their beliefs, they moved on. There have been EIGHT different parties that held the presidency, which of course indicates that there was a time when the "rule of two (not in a Sith way)" didn't apply. We need take cues from our forefathers, and be committed to our beliefs not parties.

i like that:yesway:

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    Your insane ramblings, rantings, and blind accusations do nothing to convince me of your argument or persuade me to your side. Quite the opposite, in fact. They make me want to distance myself from you before you do something foolish.

Hum... quite an interesting concept, but not a new one. The EXACT same argument some of us used with the hardcore Ron Paul/Gary Johnson supporters last year. We were basically told we were idiots for thinking that way.

Funny how things appear when the shoe's on the other foot isn't it. No on second thought, it probably doesn't...:rolleyes:

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    To all you people who say dems and repubs are the the same and just as bad as each other, i hope you have been paying attention the past few months. Who in our gov't is against the horrible things going on right now? Who in our gov't is responsible for the things going on right now? Benghazi, IRS, EPA, Fast and Furious, Gun grabs, telephone records, ap and fox news agencies, do i need to go on? So many people trashed Romney, i wasnt his biggest fan but you bet i voted for him, because no libertarian has a chance, thats the truth, so deal with it, all those non-democrats that stayed home, this is partly YOUR fault. Romney lost for a number of reason, one BIG ONE was that millions of republican voters stayed home, many people didnt even vote because of the b.s. excuses about romney. well guess what? Here we are, every agency of this gov't is targeting YOU and me, would romney have done this???????? nope.

There may be a few things wrong with the republican party. Many of those that are the problem are not even republicans(mccain). But republicans are by no means the same as democrats.

Here is why democrats win, they ALL stick together no matter what. A democrat can say anything, do anything, and their party rallies around them and supports them and trashed the other party. Too many non-democrats complain about the republicans, complain about this and that little detail because their candidate is no EXACTLY as conservative as them, i mean holy crap. If we want to defeat liberalism, we need to stop eating our own, stand up for OURSELVES, and do everything we can to vote out DEMOCRATS. you may have to vote for a republican that may have something you might now completely agree with, better than staying home and allowing the filthy lying liberal to take office and screw you completely.

They are different.....(D) are now Comunists, Facists, Marxist......thats why they all stick together......(R) are Conservatives, or Progressives or Moderates that are slowly turning into the (D) of the 60's......thats why they don't stick together anymore because the disease that latched onto the (D) is latching onto the (R) Party. Feel free to vote Party lines instead of voting for the individual that would be best for the country....and that sure in the hell wasn't Romney or McCain that the backslidden (R) put up.
    Ya I voted for a 3rd party candidate for the first time who was running for the Constitution Party that didn't have a chance...but I wasn't part of the problem for America, its the people that keep making these threads IMHO.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    That's odd. I distinctly remember 3 parties and 3 choices on my ballot when I voted. I also remember voting for the candidate who wasn't a turd and who had a lot more experience than Obamney and who was a better candidate. I had 3 choices. Looks like you need to file a complaint with your local voting board, you were cheated.

Actually there 6 candidates.......3 that you saw and could pull the tab for...and 3 more that you could do a write in for. Proud of my write in....:patriot:

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I like that Penn Jillette quote that if you always chose the lesser of two evils, the end result will always be more evil. Just slowing down the speed at which you're hurtling towards the cliff won't stop you from going off.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Actually there 6 candidates.......3 that you saw and could pull the tab for...and 3 more that you could do a write in for. Proud of my write in....:patriot:
    Ummm...nope. I hate to break it to you, but write in votes in Indiana were thrown in the garbage. They didn't count at all. While the option to put a write in is there, the votes are tossed. Still glad you voted your conscience, though. :yesway:

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Ummm...nope. I hate to break it to you, but write in votes in Indiana were thrown in the garbage. They didn't count at all. While the option to put a write in is there, the votes are tossed. Still glad you voted your conscience, though. :yesway:

LINK? If you wrote just anyone that wasn't eligible it did get thrown in the garbage. There were 3 other candidates that were because they got the signatures and the state of Indiana recogonized them.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    What was your issue with Johnson? Or was there one?

I listened to the candidates in the different parties including Johnson....I aligned best with Virgil Goode of the Constitution Party the best. I think he was the best one out there. I also liked Rand Paul but he wasn't running....and I have little hope the (R) will nominate him for the next one.

SmithGuy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    One key thing to remember is that most of what you see coming out of Washington DC (from Republicans, Democrats, Libertarians, and Independents) is pure politics. They are professionals at covertly spinning things in a way so that you get worked up and support the causes that end up lining the politician's pockets. Most of these scandals of every administration have been overblown and exaggerated from the other side for political gain. From that perspective, Republicans and Democrats are the same and have been forever.

They key thing we should all remember is to take ANYTHING a politician says with a grain of salt. Think about why you believe what you do. Is it because you have done an in depth analysis of a subject, or is it because you saw a sound bite on TV that got you whipped into a frenzy? Do yourself a favor and make up your own mind based on what you believe, not what a lying politician says. And if you don't think that all politicians like sometimes, then I have some property you may be interested in purchasing in Florida.

El-Cigarro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    The way I see it, Boys. DEMS want to OUTLAW/CONFISCATE my GUNS!
    Repubs FIGHT that! 'Nuff SAID! :patriot:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The way I see it, Boys. DEMS want to OUTLAW/CONFISCATE my GUNS!
    Repubs FIGHT that! 'Nuff SAID! :patriot:

They do? I seem to recall that we had 6 years of GOP control of the White House and both houses of congress. Remind me again what they did for the betterment of gun ownership and respect of the Second Amendment.

This year, I seriously doubt that we would have had anything near the effort had we not all been leaning on them and kicking them in the rear ends with both feet. They only act in the immediate fear of being put out to pasture altogether. I, for one, am not impressed with fair weather friends who only help when they have a need or under intense pressure.

Oh, and in the quite possible event of having Hillary vs. Christie next round, all I can say is that it will be just like the old Mounds/Almond Joy commercials. Some times you feel like a nut, some times you don't. Aside from possession or nonpossession of a pair of nuts, I can't see much difference there.

Top Bottom