• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dogonhunt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    I'm not sure about the 1500 rally, but I'm planning to be at the capital building rally - without reading this whole thread, can someone please send or post the details of the 1500 rally?

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    This is the day that the nation is doing the pro-gun rally at statehouses.

Andrew and followers have specifically said that this is not to be about guns, and they don't want any guns visible at their gathering outside the gun show. No open carry, no rifles, etc.

I urge everyone to go downtown on the 19th at noon for the real pro-gun rally.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    You are the enemy of a free Republic. We demand adherence to Constitutional standards now. Not ten years from now. Not by adding in exceptions into the Constitution. :xmad:

Cut Horning a little slack, he's at least demanding that the gov't become compliant with the constitution--the bigger the ship, the longer it takes to turn it around.
    There's a bit "real-politik" involved in "...within 10 years" "...or constitutionally amended...". Organizations like the NSA or CIA do serve necessary security functions. To just jettison ANY institution that didn't exist in 1790 would be like arming the military with brown bess muskets.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

Andrew and followers have specifically said that this is not to be about guns, and they don't want any guns visible at their gathering outside the gun show. No open carry, no rifles, etc.

Hmmmm... no guns or rifles at the gun show? :dunno: Thanks for the heads-up, I'll definitely be headed to the capital.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008

FYI, it's not his "followers", just some folks who believe some of the same things.

The protest at 38th and Fallcreek is about the entire Constitution, not just 2am. If you're carrying, so be it.

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    THis is Andrews response to this question on FaceBook.

Andy, several people on INGO were inquiring your opinion on the open carrying of weapons at the event. I know you know the laws, and that it is totally legal to do so. But wanted your input before we show up.

What I want more than anything else is a civil, non-threatening tone. I would be horrified to see this become all about guns and people who like guns. My wish is to find common ground with people who do not like guns, but like other rights specifically guaranteed by our state and federal constitutions. Nonviolent protest. Satyagraha, is what I want...to find common cause against a government gone wild and bad. I'm certainly aware that this is at a gun show and I'm hoping to get lots of gun-owning patriots to show up. I certainly won't tell anybody he/she can't carry. But... Please try to understand the message is much more critical than the 2nd Amendment...because you don't have a 2nd Amendment when you don't have constitutions. Without rule of law, you have rule of force...and our government has far more of that with drones and armored personnel carriers and such than any of us could muster. No bravado. No show of force, please!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

[/QUOTE]What I want more than anything else is a civil, non-threatening tone. I would be horrified to see this become all about guns and people who like guns. My wish is to find common ground with people who do not like guns, but like other rights specifically guaranteed by our state and federal constitutions. Nonviolent protest. Satyagraha, is what I want...to find common cause against a government gone wild and bad. I'm certainly aware that this is at a gun show and I'm hoping to get lots of gun-owning patriots to show up. I certainly won't tell anybody he/she can't carry. But... Please try to understand the message is much more critical than the 2nd Amendment...because you don't have a 2nd Amendment when you don't have constitutions. Without rule of law, you have rule of force...and our government has far more of that with drones and armored personnel carriers and such than any of us could muster. No bravado. No show of force, please! [/QUOTE]

Noble cause, although I'm not sure it's ours, at this time...

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    Noble cause, although I'm not sure it's ours, at this time...

I understand, but I doubt it would be an issue if we carried CC/OC handguns, but I do not think it would look very good in public perception if we carried long guns on our backs. But each person has to make that decision for themselves. But choose wisely, as the media will twist it if they can which would not help anybody's message in a positive light.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    When is it our time for the Constitution?

Without the 2ndA, they'll rewrite it at their convenience. Not taking a thing away from the whole constitution, but right now our fight is 2ndA.

Good for Horning (I think) for being smart enough to steal some of the 2ndA threat concern for his own benefit though.

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I'm now thinking I'm going to head downtown. However, I doubt there will be much protest if you are OCing. Just go to any Libertarian function, you'll see what I mean.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Mr Horning is on Garrison right now. Yes, he is mixing the message to include all of the constitution. Again, good for him for assisting with our cause while stealing support from us for his.

Last edited:

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    They're taking about it on garrison right now. I really like the guy, but this is retarded. To have a rally outside the GD gun show, on 38th street, by the nation of Islam morons, AND NO GUNS? Sorry, I value my safety and constitutional rights, and don't hide them for the sake of what certain people call a PC rally, especially in a rough and racist neighborhood like 38th and Fall Creek..if it isn't really about the Second Amendment, hold it somewhere else. My two....

Quote:
    Andy, several people on INGO were inquiring your opinion on the open carrying of weapons at the event. I know you know the laws, and that it is totally legal to do so. But wanted your input before we show up.

Quote:
    What I want more than anything else is a civil, non-threatening tone. I would be horrified to see this become all about guns and people who like guns. My wish is to find common ground with people who do not like guns, but like other rights specifically guaranteed by our state and federal constitutions. Nonviolent protest. Satyagraha, is what I want...to find common cause against a government gone wild and bad. I'm certainly aware that this is at a gun show and I'm hoping to get lots of gun-owning patriots to show up. I certainly won't tell anybody he/she can't carry. But... Please try to understand the message is much more critical than the 2nd Amendment...because you don't have a 2nd Amendment when you don't have constitutions. Without rule of law, you have rule of force...and our government has far more of that with drones and armored personnel carriers and such than any of us could muster. No bravado. No show of force, please!

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    He is capitalizing on the current 2ndA fight we are in by rallying where we are concentrated. Would he have the same support doing his rally across town?

How is that stealing support? Is there a finite amount of support that can be shown and once it's gone, it's gone?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    How is that stealing support? Is there a finite amount of support that can be shown and once it's gone, it's gone?

Again, I commend him for his foresight. Gun owners in mass, who are concerned for their 2nd Amendment rights, are a small part of of those whose interest may bring them to a Horning rally.

A rally conducted in a place where it's easy to take a stroll by and difficult to get an accurate count could make great political hay. Mr Horning could fairly effectively claim that everyone in line to get into the 1500 came to his rally. Along that same thought, will those in line be within ear shot of Mr Horning's megaphone?

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Again, I commend him for his foresight. Gun owners in mass, who are concerned for their 2nd Amendment rights, are a small part of of those whose interest may bring them to a Horning rally.

A rally conducted in a place where it's easy to take a stroll by and difficult to get an accurate count could make great political hay. Mr Horning could fairly effectively claim that everyone in line to get into the 1500 came to his rally. Along that same thought, will those in line be within ear shot of Mr Horning's megaphone?

I'm still not understanding the "stealing support" comment, but I think it's a great venue to get a pro-Constitution message out. 2A supporters, as a whole, are probably the most pro-Constitution people out there.

As far as a megaphone, there will be a steady stream of people coming and going on foot and in vehicles. The event is outside of the fairgrounds, not within the fenced in property. I'm sure the location will contribute to lots of people being exposed to the message, which is stop letting politicians shred the Constitution. The Politicians work for you, not the other way around.

Top Bottom