• ...and so much more!
  • SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Evidence of the pressing need for an MRAP in Tippecanoe County. Just look at it--people working, packages being delivered, later the streets will swarm with office workers on their way to lunch. And on the weekend the deadly streets will overflow with middle class couples on their way to brunch or Purdue undergrads looking to get laid. Horrific. Why don't we have 2 MRAPs?

The MRAR does have a use. The Prius in the upper right took 2 parking spaces, they should use the MRAP to roll over it....

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Your sarcastic posts count for additional credibility?

Credibility? Who cares? This is an internet forum. Find me credible, incredible, ignore me, whatever. I don't care. This forum is for information and amusement.

Whatever my sarcasm may or may not do, it sure helps me see who the easily rankled are.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    It actually is. Nothing causes a witness to lose their​ credibility faster than losing their cool on the witness stand.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Gentlemen, my points still stand. Reading your replies smacks heavily of how CODE PINK talks about or military - no first-hand knowledge, only conjecture fueled by emotion.

We, the tax-paying citizens of Tippecanoe County, get to have an opinion. I look forward to law enforcement telling me not to have an opinion when they have the courage to use their own names.

Tippecanoe County doesn't need an MRAP. I have continued to express interest in counterarguments, but have heard only "shut up, we can do as we please".

No, you cannot do as your department pleases. Not without citizen oversight.

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The MRAR does have a use. The Prius in the upper right took 2 parking spaces, they should use the MRAP to roll over it....

I have no doubt that the MRAP will be used for parking enforcement and all kinds of role-seeking (akin to rent seeking) behavior.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    So, does anyone from the Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Department want to tell me the arguments in favor of the MRAP, or would they rather just tell a tax-paying voter to shut up?

You don't have to use your own name. You can continue to hide behind your alias.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    So, does anyone from the Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Department want to tell me the arguments in favor of the MRAP, or would they rather just tell a tax-paying voter to shut up?

You don't have to use your own name. You can continue to hide behind your alias.

Why would they make or defend any argument for that which they already have? You act as if reasoning or consent were requirements for such an action to have taken place.

Government is not reason, it is force.

titanxt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2014
    Lafayette
    Mr. Freeman,

At no time did I imply that you needed to "shut-up" - that only serves to derail the debate and cause confusion (as does trying to unveil my identity.. as if that discredits me in some manner). Derailment, refocusing, and knit-picking of the minutia is a sign of a failed debate.

You are completely entitled to your own opinion; however, there is a massive difference in saying, "It is my opinion that they do not need an MRAP" and "They do not need and MRAP because there hasn't been an officer killed in this county since 1928." and other no-truth "facts" that others conjured up. Yes, you are a tax payer. Yes, you vote. Your voice matters. My point was/is that you and others bolstered your "opinion" with non-truths, assumptions, and no knowledge of the full spectrum of the issue and how it affects law enforcement (Again I chuckle at your notion that working in the prosecutor's office made you anything but an attorney..).

I must also address the completely ridiculous notion that because law enforcement has confronted situations in the past without an MRAP, that somehow they must continue to do the same. What about cars? How about bullet-proof vests? Computers? Forensic developments? How about patrol rifles? Where does Mr. Freeman draw the line on what new assets law enforcement can use and what they cannot? That MRAP is nothing more than a large, mobile, bullet-prof vest. Nothing more.

titanxt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2014
    Lafayette
    Next up on LEO want list: Green Zones and A-10 deployment options.

Ridiculous....

Law Enforcement obtaining patrol rifles and MRAP's is in direct response to the degradation of society - people shoot and kill cops, cops want more armor. If society would have remained Mayberry, cops would all be Andy Griffith.

You might need to take an honest look inward and see that you very well might have more personal issues with law enforcement than law enforcement has with society.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I'm sorry, statistics do not prove degradation. A classic straw man.

If you want military equipment to play with, join the Marines, if you're good enough. Oooh, sorry, I don't think the Marines feel they need MRAPs.

Join the Army. Be all that you can be.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ....I would no more talk of the rule of law having no first-hand knowledge, nor should you speak about what local law enforcement deals with frequently on the street. I would encourage you to not comment on law enforcement until you don a badge and gun and put your neck on the line. (Though I would love to see Officer Freeman's mad dash to the first MRAP he can find when shots are fired - which has happened numerous times while officers have been on scene in this county....

Mr. Freeman,

At no time did I imply that you needed to "shut-up"...

Uh.....yeah.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    At no time did I imply that you needed to "shut-up"

Look, I know your department has a rocky relationship with the truth in the past, but you told me, a tax-paying voter, to shut up.

I would encourage you to not comment on law enforcement until you don a badge and gun and put your neck on the line. (Though I would love to see Officer Freeman's mad dash to the first MRAP he can find when shots are fired - which has happened numerous times while officers have been on scene in this county

You see, I am going to comment and comment a lot about your toy, no matter how others squirm.

You are completely entitled to your own opinion; however, there is a massive difference in saying, "It is my opinion that they do not need an MRAP" and "They do not need and MRAP because there hasn't been an officer killed in this county since 1928." and other no-truth "facts" that others conjured up.

Your brother in MRAP arms brought up all the deaths of law enforcement. I, using the website he cited, pointed out that there have been two deaths in Tippecanoe County. There were both in 1928, committed by murderers who killed the deputies inside their own vehicle. I bring up this fact as it points to the lack of need for an MRAP.

My point was/is that you and others bolstered your "opinion" with non-truths, assumptions, and no knowledge of the full spectrum of the issue and how it affects law enforcement (Again I chuckle at your notion that working in the prosecutor's office made you anything but an attorney..).

Yet another attack on a law enforcement officer and me? All other law enforcement is inferior to the Tippecanoe County Sheriff. Well, you are a brave young man, doing a thankless job, so I understand the swagger, but why attack others in law enforcement?

Do you have an argument or do you just want me to shut up, write a check to the Treasurer of Tippecanoe County and go home?

Let's hear your department's argument for this toy. I have been begging for a counterpoint, but only get told to "shut up, serf".

I know this is a really cool toy and you all lust for one after seeing Campbell's toy in Boone County or wherever, but there's no reason for this to exist here.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom