• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Strawman..... please take a moment to research factors that influence the manipulation of crime statistics. You were dumb to start with....

How about straight from the FBI..... But they manipulated that.... i forgot

• In 2013, an estimated 1,163,146 violent crimes occurred nationwide, a decrease of 4.4 percent from the 2012 estimate.
    • When considering 5- and 10-year trends, the 2013 estimated violent crime total was 12.3 percent below the 2009 level and 14.5 percent below the 2004 level.(See Tables 1 and 1A.)

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    So tiring.... the vehicle serves a function for law enforcement by being bulletproof. The fact that it can protect officers from IED is secondary.

This conversation is like trying to explain how gun ownership is a right to a liberal...

Learn to avoid logical fallacies in your attempts and maybe folks will take you more seriously. I already refuted your ridiculous appeals to vocation, yet you continue...

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Ridiculous....

Law Enforcement obtaining patrol rifles and MRAP's is in direct response to the degradation of society - people shoot and kill cops, cops want more armor. If society would have remained Mayberry, cops would all be Andy Griffith.

You might need to take an honest look inward and see that you very well might have more personal issues with law enforcement than law enforcement has with society.

Cops had armored cars with mounted machine guns in the 1920's as "riot cars". See Boston PD historical photos.

titanxt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2014
    Lafayette
    Gentlemen,

I must bow out of this dreadful mess. You can remain scared and "police-a-phobic". Don a uniform and go do what those men and women do then you can say if a piece of equipment is needed.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Mr. Freeman, I am not sure ho Deputy Keller is to you

To me? No one.

A thin stretch of the "law enforcement" term for being a prosecuting attorney, maybe.

No, not a maybe. A DPA is a LEO by statute. You lied and said that I was not a LEO. I was a LEO. Good thing you were not under oath.

Your lying is not helping your position that this toy is needed.

Do you wish to apologize and retract your lie and make an argument as to why your MRAP is needed? Or, in the alternative, do you wish to tell more lies?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    http://noisyroom.net/blog/2014/02/0...the-nullification-of-the-posse-comitatus-act/

An interesting article. This chief in a town of 3000 justifies his need of an MRAP because even though his town has a population 1.4% the size of Boise, if they have an MRAP, why should his town be less safe?

titan: you argue without statistics and your ad hominem attacks against Kirk certainly show defensiveness. I'm not sure you are the best representative of your department, if you are a LEO (or wannabe).

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    titan: you argue without statistics and your ad hominem attacks against Kirk certainly show defensiveness.

It's OK. I have a thick hide.

They are brave young men and honorable "sheepdogs" who do amazingly heroic acts daily, but they need to be taught that the citizen is the alpha dog.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Do you go to CLEs for voir dire? Why? You clearly know how to do voir dire.

If I may hazard a guess, you go because you can always be better. (And we are required to get CLEs.)...

Total aside. Honesty time. I go to CLEs for one reason- to keep my license. I read the new cases online every day. I don't need to be updated.

I choose my CLEs based on 3 factors in order of importance: Schedule, Price, Location.

When it come to improving at my craft, I've found bar time and war stories to be useful.

...but I digress.

titanxt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2014
    Lafayette
    Geeez.... A thin stretch of the law enforcement term... what a hack. Though I am sure the "law enforcement" mystique you play up gives you some kind of street-cred with the drooling followers.... "I was a law enforcement officer".... sad. And you know EXACTLY what I meant my law enforcement officer.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...Don a uniform and go do what those men and women do then you can say if a piece of equipment is needed.

Sorry sparky, someone's got to make real money so you guys can get paid.

One question- if a guy holes up and is firing away, how do you conclude the situation from within an MRAP?

titanxt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2014
    Lafayette
    It's OK. I have a thick hide.

They are brave young men and honorable "sheepdogs" who do amazingly heroic acts daily, but they need to be taught that the citizen is the alpha dog.

It is you that think that some lesson needs to be taught when in actuality YOU, and the rest of the conspiracy theorist on this forum need a dose of common sense and reality. Forget the MRAP, I say the next time local law enforcement deals with a life threatening situation they should call "Officer" Freeman and you dregs out to handle it. You guys are tough, think MRAPs are "just toys". You men's-men go handle it. Cop by statute Freeman can lead the yellow-streaked charge....

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    It is you that think that some lesson needs to be taught when in actuality YOU, and the rest of the conspiracy theorist on this forum need a dose of common sense and reality. Forget the MRAP, I say the next time local law enforcement deals with a life threatening situation they should call "Officer" Freeman and you dregs out to handle it. You guys are tough, think MRAPs are "just toys". You men's-men go handle it. Cop by statute Freeman can lead the yellow-streaked charge....

One can only hope that you skin is much thicker off the internet, out in the real world.

Top Bottom