Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    IC 35-41-1-17
    "Law enforcement officer" and "federal enforcement officer" defined
    Sec. 17. (a) "Law enforcement officer" means:
    (1) a police officer (including a correctional police officer), sheriff, constable, marshal, prosecuting attorney, special prosecuting attorney, special deputy prosecuting attorney, the securities commissioner, or the inspector general;
    (2) a deputy of any of those persons;
    (3) an investigator for a prosecuting attorney or for the inspector general;
    (4) a conservation officer;
    (5) an enforcement officer of the alcohol and tobacco commission; or
    (6) an enforcement officer of the securities division of the office of the secretary of state.
    (b) "Federal enforcement officer" means any of the following:
    (1) A Federal Bureau of Investigation special agent.
    (2) A United States Marshals Service marshal or deputy.
    (3) A United States Secret Service special agent.
    (4) A United States Fish and Wildlife Service special agent.
    (5) A United States Drug Enforcement Agency agent.
    (6) A Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives agent.
    (7) A United States Forest Service law enforcement officer.
    (8) A United States Department of Defense police officer or criminal investigator.
    (9) A United States Customs Service agent.
    (10) A United States Postal Service investigator.
    (11) A National Park Service law enforcement commissioned ranger.
    (12) United States Department of Agriculture, Office of Inspector General special agent.
    (13) A United States Citizenship and Immigration Services special agent.
    (14) An individual who is:
    (A) an employee of a federal agency; and
    (B) authorized to make arrests and carry a firearm in the performance of the individual's official duties.

Holy cow! I had to read through all of those just be certain that I'm not a law enforcement officer. :):

I guess when you pile up that many laws, it requires lots and lots of enforcement

...and MRAPs.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I'm on your side, Kirk. I've seen the video on youtube that the Johnson County Sheriff has put out. It's a nice video, but we really don't need that thing here. We could use a few more deputies, some additional paid overtime, etc.

I don't like the militarization of a police department. If it's serious enough to have the national guard on site, then get them. Otherwise, it looks like an army of occupation. Greenwood is not Belfast. If it ever gets to that point, God help us all.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I guess when you pile up that many laws, it requires lots and lots of enforcement

...and MRAPs.

Alright, I see you over there, seeking your Libertianness into this. I'm watching you.

Go watch Alongside Night on Netflix. I'm fighting the Police State or something over here.

I don't like the militarization of a police department.

Meh. What they look like, I really don't care. It is the money and what they do that we should care about IMO.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Looks mean something. Which one would you rather be served a warrant by?....assuming they are willing to knock in the first place.

officer_friendly.jpg
    miltarization.police.swat_.dhs_.fema_.fbi_.pentagon.dod_.congress_occupycorporatism.jpg

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Maybe somebody just needs to crunch the numbers on the mrap and post them up during the next election.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    This thread is not about uniforms. It's about a toy. Focus, guys.

I am still open to counterarguments about why Tippecanoe County needs such a thing as an MRAP. "What if Godzilla attacks Octagon" carries no weight.

Remember the formula for risk here. Show your work.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I guess I am not receiving any answers from Tippecanoe's finest. Well, I can wait as I am a patient man.

100 cops injured in Baltimore? Baltimore? In which township of Tippecanoe County is Baltimore? Is it near Odell?

Oh, BTW, Deputy, the Baltimore, Maryland Police Department has armored vehicles. Why did they have 100 cops injured? I eagerly await your response.

Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Deputy homework assignment for tonight:

1. Where is Baltimore located in Tippecanoe County?

2. Why were police officers injured in Baltimore, Maryland when BPD had a bunch of armored vehicles?

3. Why does the Tippecanoe County Sheriff not publicly honor their fallen? Do they mean that little to you?

4. Show your risk assessment to TCSD using the provided formula earlier (I provide it so you don't have to Google it), with declared probability factors, both with the MRAP and without the MRAP.

Have a good night. Wave if you drive by.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    This has been thrilling. My applause to all.

Was your favorite part when the Tippecanoe County civil servant told the Tippecanoe County taxpayer voter to "shut up and stop asking questions"? Because that was mine.

I mean he called me a coward for asking questions too:

Cop by statute Freeman can lead the yellow-streaked charge..

Remember, INGO, a cop told a citizen to shut up and then repeatedly insulted the citizen in response to a citizen asking questions. They just think they can bully me like they bully their way through a traffic stop or like Glenn Keller thought he could bully his way through a deposition.

Your response is to punch back twice as hard and . . . blow kisses.:D Watch this space for more taxpayer voting temerity. They will be taught a lesson.

Last edited:

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Was your favorite part when the Tippecanoe County civil servant told the Tippecanoe County taxpayer voter to "shut up and stop asking questions"? Because that was mine.

Remember, INGO, a cop told a citizen to shut up and then repeatedly insulted the citizen in response to a citizen asking questions. They just think they can bully me like they bully their way through a traffic stop or like Glenn Keller thought he could bully his way through a deposition.

Your response is to punch back twice as hard and . . . blow kisses.:D Watch this space for more taxpayer voting temerity. They will be taught a lesson.

Kick ass Kirk!

ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    I think my favorite part was the ragequit or the smile on ATMs face when he pointed out the logical fallacy to an obvious youngster in WAAAAAAAY over his head.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

I, personally, loved that part. It makes me feel very empowered as a citizen.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Personally, I was impressed by how a discussion of whether a piece of surplus equipment was necessary was met with the claim that everyone who does not choose a career in law enforcement is cowardly conspiracy theorist.

Kids these days....whatcha gonna do?

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

Ask questions.

Let them bully me, intimidate me, insult me; it simply does not work on me. I'll just turn the other cheek and ask questions.

Hough, look at it this way, Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Department has dropped the mask and shown us their commitment to the right of a citizen to petition his government, and that commitment is the null set if such a petition would impact their toys. AND their little diatribe against me asking questions will be useful in any future §1983 claim.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Personally, I was impressed by how a discussion of whether a price of surplus equipment was necessary was met with the claim that everyone who does not choose a career in law enforcement is cowardly conspiracy theorist.

That "Kid" is older than you know. Might not have acted it but he is.....:)

Top Bottom