• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Hey, is this the mysterious TCSD poster?
    300px-Titien-homme-au-gant-Louvre.jpg

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I'm sorry, but you leave me no choice.

Titan's Tippecanoe tank troubles tempt me to tell about Titian's artwork. Telling tall tales of terrible traps for intrepid authority archetypes, Titian's titles tantalize the thoughts of most constabulary.

titanxt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2014
    Lafayette
    Mr. Freeman - I laugh when you respond. You have provided me with some great entertainment. You sound like every press secretary your beloved Obama has ever had.... I am puzzled as to why you keep referring to me as "deputy", though I am sure you think you are somehow very clever that you have pinned down some facet of my identity. "Deputy" I am not, though I am very familiar with you and your performance as a prosecutor and your illustrious performance as a "Statue Officer". The bravery at which you walked the beat each night protecting the citizens of Lafayette was commendable. Statutorily speaking, you sir, are John Wayne.

I would like to complement some of the members who have actually responded with some sound thinking. Others have spewed speculation that could only come from reaching around and digging about in one's posterior. None of you have a shred of fact to base usage, cost, or need of this vehicle. Someone actually stretched the limits of all reasoning and questions load wear on local bridges... In the end, the group of naysayers on this thread are an insulated, small clique of "group thinkers" lead by their own messiah, Statute Officer Freeman. It will not change the fact that two police departments in this area have MRAPs. You all will still secretly burn with envy as you see REAL officers climb aboard to put themselves between you and the things that scare you to your very core. You will be jealous of them and wish you were able to be one of them in the same way your envious trigger fingers twitched as you watched "American Sniper" alone in the movie theater time and time again. You will never know what these men and women know. Your thoughts will never be their thoughts. Yet, you will stand mightily with a virtual internet "red pen" to cut what you think is unneeded from their access.

Mr. Freeman - for the last time counselor... I mean Statute Officer... I was very familiar with the fact that DPA's are by statute considered LE officers. You are being hideously intellectually dishonest by claiming that I did not. YOU KNEW EXACTLY what I meant when I said that you were never a law enforcement officer. I apologize for outing you to your minions. I promise I will not ever counter any of your claims of having stormed any houses on "raids" by kicking in any statutory doors..

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    You all will still secretly burn with envy as you see REAL officers climb aboard to put themselves between you and the things that scare you to your very core. You will be jealous of them and wish you were able to be one of them in the same way your envious trigger fingers twitched as you watched "American Sniper" alone in the movie theater time and time again. You will never know what these men and women know. Your thoughts will never be their thoughts. Yet, you will stand mightily with a virtual internet "red pen" to cut what you think is unneeded from their access.

Man, I hate going to this well twice in about a week, but it is just too obvious.

Son, we live in a world that has roads, and those roads have to be driven by men with MRAPs. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lafayette Lawyer? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for fiscal restraint, and you curse the TCSD. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That budget busting behemoths, while tragic, probably save lives. And the Mine Resistant Ambush Protected vehicle, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me in that armor, you need me in that armor. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a heavy machinery driver's license, and shift gears. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

Did you order the MRAP?
    titianxt said:
    You're damn right I ordered the MRAP!

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Which reminds me: If you are digging around in your posterior, you might as well get a PSA test if you are over 55. If you're a vet, they are free at the VA. Prostate cancer probably won't kill you at 55, but it's good to check every 10 years.

And, if you are a little shy about digging around in your posterior, get a PROFESSIONAL colonoscopy at 55 for sure. Colon cancer is a silent killer. The prep is not joyful, but they give you good drugs during the procedure.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Thanks, I try to be self-aware enough, but this was just too... easy. Like he was begging for it. Heck, like he was inspired by it.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    OMG

Tears. In. My. Eyes.

When I said:
    Thanks, I try to be self-aware enough, but this was just too... easy. Like he was begging for it. Heck, like he was inspired by it.

THIS is the post I was trying to respond to:
    I'll let you know when you've over used it.

Not yet....possibly not ever.

NOT this one:
    Which reminds me: If you are digging around in your posterior, you might as well get a PSA test if you are over 55. If you're a vet, they are free at the VA. Prostate cancer probably won't kill you at 55, but it's good to check every 10 years.

And, if you are a little shy about digging around in your posterior, get a PROFESSIONAL colonoscopy at 55 for sure. Colon cancer is a silent killer. The prep is not joyful, but they give you good drugs during the procedure.

Again, context is key.

titanxt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2014
    Lafayette
    Just a thought... Mr. Freeman how do you think your words of the men and woman at "TCSD" being "liars" would go over if sent to Sheriff Richard? How would it affect you as the defense attorney of a person arrested by them? What if the local paper knew? Does that affect you any? Would you possibly like to call back a few of those words? Again, I have no dog in this hunt, though I have enjoyed pushing your buttons.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Just a thought... Mr. Freeman how do you think your words of the men and woman at "TCSD" being "liars" would go over if sent to Sheriff Richard? How would it affect you as the defense attorney of a person arrested by them? What if the local paper knew? Does that affect you any? Would you possibly like to call back a few of those words? Again, I have no dog in this hunt, though I have enjoyed pushing your buttons.

Aannd, **** just got real.

Or so he thinks....

Top Bottom