• ...and so much more!
  • cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    So what I've learned on INGO today is that, even though this thing came at no charge (except for the initial purchase by .mil, and we've all already taken that hit) except for fuel, it is still a waste of money, because the Tippecanoe never floods, and there will never be an active shooter incident in Lafayette. Learning is fun!

When they start getting charged for this thing, cut it up and sell the scrap, sell the vehicle on eBay, whatever. Until then, all it's hurting is feelings. I'm sure the energy of protesting this waste would be better spent on all the many other programs that are hemorrhage ing money.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Woobie again.

And why do all LE need ballistic vests? This isn't Indy, after all. All we have in Tippy is larcenous ducks, apparently... Pfft. More waste.
    (Although I know of at least two LPD officers who would probably disagree with that.)

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    And why do all LE need ballistic vests?

All of LE or the TCSD?

1928. Killed with their own weapons.

Show me the risk formulation. Show me the past incidents where an MRAP would have been decisive. Demonstrate to me with evidence (no "coulds"), not the rationalization of a public servant with his hand in the cookie jar, "well, Godzilla could attack Battle Ground".

All we have in Tippy is larcenous ducks, apparently

Tippecanoe County also has geese that obstruct traffic. Good thing the Sheriff was in front of me to clear the way.

30 May 2015, 0751, rampaging geese cleared from path of traffic by Sheriff's deputy.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    All of LE or the TCSD?

Show me the risk formulation. Show me the past incidents where an MRAP would have been decisive. Demonstrate to me with evidence (no "coulds"), not the rationalization of a public servant with his hand in the cookie jar, "well, Godzilla could attack Battle Ground".

Tippecanoe County also has geese that obstruct traffic. Good thing the Sheriff was in front of me to clear the way.

30 May 2015, 0751, rampaging geese cleared from path of traffic by Sheriff's deputy.

Sounds like Mayberry?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Meh, right in the middle of Mayberry and Indianapolis.

They want the toys to be cool but they have no reason to use them.

You know your neighbor who has every hand and power tool known to man in his garage so he can be cool, but never uses them? It's just like that except others pay for the tools.:D

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    If we were going to give MRAP's to dysfunctional governments, I'd rather it went to TCSO than Iraq, which hundreds of them did. Now we're using them for target practice, most likely, as I'm sure ISIS took some. The circle of arms dealing life!

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    All of LE or the TCSD?

Since you're for cutting expenses where the risk is low. Let's ask LPD Jeff Clark, Chris Cudworth and Ron Dombkowski about risks on the job. I believe you were here when Clark was shot in his vest. I know you were living in TC when Dombkowski was slashed in the face, and Cudworth was almost shot in the chest (gun was out of battery). So let's stop prattling about 1928, alright?

That's 'only' three incidents, and Dombkowski's was not a shooting (nor was Cudworth's). So ballistic vests are kind of a boondoggle, since the risk is very low. Right?

Would an MRAP have been useful in any of those three incidents? No. But let's be honest about the risks to LEOs in the county.

As for the constant duck/goose posts, Godzilla, and your dad, you do your argument no credit by making these preposterous posts.

OR if you really think the only criminal threat in TC is from wildfowl, why do you carry?

View attachment 38894

View attachment 38895

Just a little trip down memory lane, for those who don't remember the past...

Last edited:

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I hear that Jamestown In will have one by this week. I have no problem with it whatsoever but feel for those guys due to the whining they are going to hear.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Since you're for cutting expenses where the risk is low. Let's ask LPD Jeff Clark, Chris Cudworth and Ron Dombkowski about risks on the job. I believe you were here when Clark was shot in his vest. I know you were living in TC when Dombkowski was slashed in the face, and Cudworth was almost shot in the chest (gun was out of battery). So let's stop prattling about 1928, alright?

I have already discussed these two incidents. Every single one of those officers you cite are NOT with the Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Department AND an MRAP would have been of no use.

The last officers with the Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Department to die in the line of duty were two killed during a prisoner transport in 1928. I reference 1928 because law enforcement cited a website listing fallen officers.

1. There is no risk in Tippecanoe County.

2. I have asked for examples of the purported use, I have been met with Godzilla scenarios.

As for the constant duck/goose posts, Godzilla, and your dad, you do your argument no credit by making these preposterous posts.

You'll sit there and take your mocking. You think I'm going let a political figure get away with this? They got a toy to keep up with the cool kids at ISA seminars and we have to pay for it.

There's no need for this toy. I have asked for history in order to justify its presence, I have received silence.

It's Tippecanoe County. The Sheriff responds to ducks and geese in the street not Bloods and Crips.

Last edited:

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    I have already discussed these two incidents. Every single one of those officers you cite are NOT with the Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Department AND an MRAP would have been of no use.

The last officers with the Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Department to die in the line of duty were two killed during a prisoner transport in 1928. I reference 1928 because law enforcement cited a website listing fallen officers.

1. There is no risk in Tippecanoe County.

2. I have asked for examples of the purported use, I have been met with Godzilla scenarios.

You'll sit there and take your mocking. You think I'm going let a political figure get away with this? They got a toy to keep up with the cool kids at ISA seminars and we have to pay for it.

There's no need for this toy. I have asked for history in order to justify its presence, I have received silence.

It's Tippecanoe County. The Sheriff responds to ducks and geese in the street not Bloods and Crips.

I see now that Lafayette is not in Tippecanoe County. So the risk to LE in Lafayette does not extend to other agencies in the county? Sounds like something I would read in the JCOnline. I suppose Dayton is even less risky?

I believe I already stated that the MRAP would not have been of use in those three LPD cases (who did you omit?). My point in bringing them up was that your duck memes imply not only that the Sheriff doesn't need an MRAP, but the problems facing LE in Tippy are akin to ducks pick-pocketing. I never referenced officers dying in the line of duty, because I don't think that's the only risk that officers face.

Your statement "there is no risk in Tippecanoe County". Well, why don't you run for sheriff next time and disband the force then? And just manage the jail and transport officers. Certainly the good folk of TC can handle the ducks??

As to the possible use for an MRAP, and you state there is none, you ignored my response. Purdue riots. I'm sure you remember those. Something actually happened in TC? I know your response already, 'but that was on the PU campus and doesn't count'. Okay, because I'm sure departments never share assets. Like the LPD officers who worked the riots, despite the fact it wasn't in Lafayette either. There's your history. Contrary to the above, you most assuredly did not receive silence. That you chose to ignore the example doesn't mean you won the point.

As to risks in TC per se, since you say there aren't any, maybe you would like to tell INGOers about Keith Combass, formerly with the TCSD? For those who have no idea who Keith Combass is, he was a deputy in the early 2000s, and one of the K9 handlers. Deputy Combass was engaged in arresting a thug when said thug took exception and began to eye-gouge the deputy. Combass very nearly lost vision in both eyes and had to retire from law enforcement. But I suppose you will have some explanation of why eye gouging is more like ducks than gang-bangers. BTW, the thug went to trial and was convicted of a D felony, as I recollect. Combass was one of the most decent guys I have known in LE, and was personally devastated by the attack.

I suppose the thug was actually a 300 lb. duck in a suit?

Please. More ducks.

I'll take your mocking? Mock all you want, but why you think I had anything to do with the acquisition is beyond me. Have you contacted the sheriff or written an op-ed in the JC? I'm not sure mocking really counts when the actual target isn't aware of your efforts...

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I see now that Lafayette is not in Tippecanoe County.

Correct, separate agencies.

So the risk to LE in Lafayette does not extend to other agencies in the county?

Show me the risk formulation for TCSD. There is none.

Please. More ducks.

Ok, but only because you requested more of the biggest threat to Tippecanoe County:

Certainly the good folk of TC can handle the ducks??

We can, but the mean old prosecutor attempts to put the good folk of TC who handle ducks in jail.

Driver gets 60-day sentence for running over ducks - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

There is no threat to TCSD from armed suspects shooting at the police. There is a huge threat to us from ducks and geese.

maybe you would like to tell INGOers about Keith Combass, formerly with the TCSD?

Are you saying he should have been in an MRAP? That an MRAP would have prevented the injury to his eyes?

There is no history in Tippecanoe County where an MRAP would have served the purpose under which this scam was sold to us. The only purpose this MRAP serves is bragging rights at the Indiana Sheriffs Association meeting. The people of Tippecanoe County are being sold a bill of goods for this white elephant.

Last edited:

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF

Ok, but only because you requested more of the biggest threat to Tippecanoe County:

We can, but the mean old prosecutor attempts to put the good folk of TC who handle ducks in jail.

There is no threat to TCSD from armed suspects shooting at the police. There is a huge threat to us from ducks and geese.

Are you saying he should have been in an MRAP? That an MRAP would have prevented the injury to his eyes?

There is no history in Tippecanoe County where an MRAP would have served the purpose under which this scam was sold to us. The only purpose this MRAP serves is bragging rights at the Indiana Sheriffs Association meeting. The people of Tippecanoe County are being sold a bill of goods for this white elephant.

Okay. I see from point 1 on that this is no longer a serious discussion on your part, assuming it once was.

By all means write to Barry, and send him one of your duck pictures. He'll be convinced, I'm sure.

Posting here ain't gonna have any effect on the TCSD, speaking of 'risk formulations'.

Last edited:

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis

I hope every goose on the planet starts pooping in TC, and particularly in some .gov official's yards, after reading that article.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I gotta say, this thread ain't what it used to be.

Can someone invite Titan back? I always liked that kid.

Top Bottom