• ...and so much more!
  • vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Squads go into harms way because that's what they're paid to do. Armored vehicles are used to give negotiators a safe platform to negotiate from.

Mraps aren't perfect. The bearcat is better for most police related things, just the MRAP is just "cheaper" on the taxpayer.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Why are squads driving into harms way? I see no tactical benefit of deploying into a barricaded shooter position with 6 guys piling out of the back of any vehicle.

Now, if you're worried about crowd control...OK. But it is fairly easy to disable the vehicle, and then you have 6 guys surrounded by angry protesters.

I can't see a legitimate use other that in transportation in unfriendly environments. Hiding behind an MRAP isn't really a good option.
    I can tell you that the last police action shooting I was involved in, I was happy to trade up from a tree as cover to one of our Bearcats when it pulled up and parked between myself and the house. AMRAP is better than a tree as well.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    OK OK. I give up. Uncle.

I'm just used to deployment into the jaws of the enemy with not enough of everything and definitely NO Armor and sporadic air support. It would seem to me if you are not engaging the enemy, you shouldn't be in his kill zone. Perhaps too tactical?

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Negotiators park an armored vehicle up to the door and use a loud speaker which you can't do with a non off-road non armored crown Vic.

You also would rather park your armored vehicle between the baddy and any good people in the area assuming you're not using the vehicle to evacuate folks.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    OK OK. I give up. Uncle.

I'm just used to deployment into the jaws of the enemy with not enough of everything and definitely NO Armor and sporadic air support. It would seem to me if you are not engaging the enemy, you shouldn't be in his kill zone. Perhaps too tactical?
    It's all good, no worries. I understand what you are saying but it is a bit different for us.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    No group hugs, rhino still has catwoman on his mind.

First of all, and I want to make this clear, I recognize Julie Newmar, and only Julie Newmar, as Catwoman. No argument. No debate. No dissent. I think that's obvious, but I thought it was prudent to say it.

Second, I ALWAYS have Catwoman on my mind....as well as Julie Newmar's role on a couple of episodes of Route 66 (and for a guy who is 44 years old, this is digging deep).

Buzandvicky.jpg

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I never liked you anyway.

We must discuss the backstory on the occasion of our next meeting.

Ok, but only if the Mrs. is there.

Oh, and the people of Tippecanoe County are paying for our next dinner. If you ask questions about why the people of Tippecanoe County are paying for our dinner, then you are anti-police and a coward.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Well, the good news is that the only people entitled to discuss dinner with you are people who have had dinner with you.

That can't be very many.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    First of all, and I want to make this clear, I recognize Julie Newmar, and only Julie Newmar, as Catwoman. No argument. No debate. No dissent. I think that's obvious, but I thought it was prudent to say it.

Second, I ALWAYS have Catwoman on my mind....as well as Julie Newmar's role on a couple of episodes of Route 66 (and for a guy who is 44 years old, this is digging deep).

Buzandvicky.jpg

I was seated beside Cheryl Tiegs a few years ago on a LAX to DTW flight. I thanked her for getting me through puberty. She blushed a little an said "Yeah, you and a few million other boys".

Julie Newmar? Yessir! You meet the nicest people on a Honda.

ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    This thread had everything. It had a second wind, a quasi-ragequit, a real ragequit, absolute petulance, togetherness without group hugging, clearly and appropriately leveled accusations at rhino. It was beautiful. Just a wonderful experience. Thank you all!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    This thread had everything. It had a second wind, a quasi-ragequit, a real ragequit, absolute petulance, togetherness without group hugging, clearly and appropriately leveled accusations at rhino. It was beautiful. Just a wonderful experience. Thank you all!

Well, the group hug was nip and tuck there for a minute... I was getting concerned. :):

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    This quote:
    quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by titanxt
    Son, we live in a world that has roads, and those roads have to be driven by men with MRAPs. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lafayette Lawyer? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for fiscal restraint, and you curse the TCSD. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That budget busting behemoths, while tragic, probably save lives. And the Mine Resistant Ambush Protected vehicle, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me in that armor, you need me in that armor. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a heavy machinery driver's license, and shift gears. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to."

Reminds me of Gecko45... Could it be? :dunno: If he had only mentioned duct taping two layers of ballistic armor plates to his back so he could take multiple hits from a 308, I would have been convinced.

Top Bottom