Thug hits a woman, Ex UFC FIGHTER KNOCKS THUG OUT.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    If you don't see that escalating this kind of situation is bad, you probably shouldn't be carrying around a gun.

And of course, Huerta is claiming self-defense.

Here's a question for any LEO's

(A) witnessed a (B) punch another person (C)
    (B) walks away from (C)
    (A) approaches (B) and says, you just hit (C)
    (B) starts posturing and says, so, go f' yourself.
    (A) postures back
    (B) takes a swing
    (A) beats the living S out of (B)

So, who's going to jail? Who's getting charged with what? And what's likely to stick in court.

From my understanding, if you stand there and escalate the situation, you can not claim self-defense later. Like I said, that gals life wasn't in imminent danger.

That's what you've got to think about when you decide to escalate the use of force which can turn deadly at any moment.

It's only luck that this didn't result in the dude on the ground ending up dead.

You threaten the lives of my family, my friends, or myself, and you'll see what I'm capable of. But until then, it's all bluster, posturing, and impotence on your part, and I'll ignore that.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    e2164.jpg

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    If I'm on the Jury Roger gets a pass. I think he was making a citizens arrest of a scumbag ,rabbit-punching jackass, the jackass just didn't comply.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    What a lucky lady that marries/is married to Keith. A guy can punch her in the face; he won't do anything about it, but he will help her up.

You're making the mistake of thinking I would let someone punch my wife in the face.

You'd be wrong about that.

Oh, and BTW, yeah, if someone randomly punched my wife, and took off running, I'd call the police, and help my wife up. I'll do more good sticking around to protect her then chasing the guy down trying to seek revenge. Staying alive, out of jail and out of the hospital is my preferred path.

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    You're making the mistake of thinking I would let someone punch my wife in the face.

Hypothetically .......
    Say you were across a parking lot 40 yds., you are not right next to her.
    Your wife is walking into a store, you are outside having a smoke.
    A man approaches you wife, quick words are exchanged, he decks her.

:dunno:

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I'd gladly spend a night in jail for the opportunity to put some hurt on a man that lays a hand on my wife. Can't say much for any husband that wouldn't.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Late-comer to this thread. . . .

Was the girl who was punched related to or in a relationship with the UFC guy?

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

I never mentioned anything about you letting someone hit her. I just said she's lucky because after she is KO'd, you'll be there to help her up and watch him run away.

Oh, and BTW, yeah, if someone randomly punched my wife, and took off running, I'd call the police, and help my wife up. I'll do more good sticking around to protect her then chasing the guy down trying to seek revenge. Staying alive, out of jail and out of the hospital is my preferred path.

And what happens when you forget your cell phone in the car? Do you scream for help or blow your rape whistle?

I'd gladly spend a night in jail for the opportunity to put some hurt on a man that lays a hand on my wife. Can't say much for any husband that wouldn't.

I have nothing to add, it just needed to be quoted.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Late-comer to this thread. . . .

Was the girl who was punched related to or in a relationship with the UFC guy?

Since it hasn't been mentioned in any article I've read or any post on the MMA site I go to, my guess would be no...Roger is just a man that doesn't like to see a guy punch a girl in the face and get away with it.

I hope he signs with the UFC again. He'll be my favorite LW fighter.
    (I barely ever get to see Bellator FC)

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    my guess would be no...Roger is just a man that doesn't like to see a guy punch a girl in the face and get away with it.

I doubt you'll find many guys that would like to see a woman punched in the face and the puncher get away with it-- especially the type of guys that are on INGO, who tend to believe strongly in chivalry and justice.

However, based on what I saw in that video, the UFC guy had no legal justification for attacking the woman's attacker. Yeah, it sucks, because we all like seeing that dude get exactly what he deserves, and we KNOW he deserved a good beat-down, but the UFC guy's actions are gonna be tough to justify as any type of 'defense'.

See, the original attacker attacked the woman quickly, and then ceased any further attack. Therefore the time for defense was also over. Any further physical altercation by anyone else now steps into the realm of "revenge", and an entirely new incident starts-- only this time it starts with the UFC guy attacking the puncher, and the puncher now becomes the defender.

This would be an entirely different story if the original attacker was pummeling the woman, and the UFC guy intervened to stop the attack. But in this case the UFC guy gave chase to the original attacker-- no good.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Hypothetically .......
    Say you were across a parking lot 40 yds., you are not right next to her.
    Your wife is walking into a store, you are outside having a smoke.
    A man approaches you wife, quick words are exchanged, he decks her.

:dunno:

Interesting scenario, and one that I'm sure has played out at some point in history.

At the point your scenario leaves off I would have two options:

1) Give chase to the puncher.

2) Attend to my wife, make mental notes about the attacker, and call the incident in to the police.

Let's say I go with Option #1. What happens when I catch up to him? Can I hit him? Can I shoot him? Can I detain him for police? Where is my wife during all of this-- bleeding unconsciously on a sidewalk somewhere behind me?

With Option #2 I have taken care of my #1 priority, my wife. I've attended to her injuries, I've contacted authorities and given them a complete description of the attacker. So, instead of 1 person giving chase, there are now several police units looking for him.

But that's just me.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Hmm, all I saw was a worthless piece of :poop: sucker punch a FEMALE and knock her out cold. Roger sees this and tries to make a citizens arrest and the guy takes his shirt off in an attempt to intimidate Mr. Huerta. Mr. Huerta obliges by taking his shirt off. After that, you can't really see who swings first, but Roger successfully detained the sack of :poop:.

My question is, how does this play out in court? Would Mr. Woman Beater want to press charges knowing there is a video out there of him punching a woman in the face?

I doubt you'll find many guys that would like to see a woman punched in the face and the puncher get away with it-- especially the type of guys that are on INGO, who tend to believe strongly in chivalry and justice.

However, based on what I saw in that video, the UFC guy had no legal justification for attacking the woman's attacker. Yeah, it sucks, because we all like seeing that dude get exactly what he deserves, and we KNOW he deserved a good beat-down, but the UFC guy's actions are gonna be tough to justify as any type of 'defense'.

See, the original attacker attacked the woman quickly, and then ceased any further attack. Therefore the time for defense was also over. Any further physical altercation by anyone else now steps into the realm of "revenge", and an entirely new incident starts-- only this time it starts with the UFC guy attacking the puncher, and the puncher now becomes the defender.

This would be an entirely different story if the original attacker was pummeling the woman, and the UFC guy intervened to stop the attack. But in this case the UFC guy gave chase to the original attacker-- no good.

Top Bottom