Thug hits a woman, Ex UFC FIGHTER KNOCKS THUG OUT.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Roger sees this and tries to make a citizens arrest

C'mon now, a citizen's arrest? Has Roger ever said that's what he was attempting to do? Because it sure looked like he was trying to give Mr. Piece of :poop: a dose of his own medicine.

My question is, how does this play out in court? Would Mr. Woman Beater want to press charges knowing there is a video out there of him punching a woman in the face?

I doubt Mr. Woman Beater would want to, but if he had a motivated attorney whispering in his ear, I could see how he might want to take Mr. Famous UFC Fighter to court on civil charges. Kind of a stretch though.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    C'mon now, a citizen's arrest? Has Roger ever said that's what he was attempting to do? Because it sure looked like he was trying to give Mr. Piece of :poop: a dose of his own medicine.

I don't think Roger has said anything up to this point, but he has more than enough money to hire a competent defense.

You know exactly what I think happened, but that doesn't matter.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    If you watch the video closely and the VERY VERY beginning the guy
    is already assaulting the girl. She is stumbling away when the video shows
    him punching her. Who is to say the dirt bag is going to stop his attack?
    Because someone got in between them?
    The only reason the dirt bag did not go after her again was because roger got is his "grill".
    You think if nobody was around he would have stopped???
    Before you answer remember the Pizza Hut or whatever video of the guy
    pummeling another customer and nobody bothering to intervene.
    He got the crap kicked out of him and everyone just went along minding their own business.
    Too much of that crap in the world. It's always somebody else's problem until it is in your house.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I'm not going to waste my time trying to dissect a video without knowing all the facts. All I'm saying it that there ARE circumstances in which I WILL do everything in my power to put some hurt on a man that hits a woman. Even if that means a battery or assault charge or taking a few licks myself. Is that risky behavior? Maybe, but some things I just will not abide and this is one of them. Admittedly there could be just as many circumstances that would prevent me from confronting the attacker because of other concerns.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    +1 for Roger "The Ice Cream Truck" Huerta.

i_see_what_you_did_there_tshirt-p235597827507645110q6zu_400.jpg

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    If you watch the video closely and the VERY VERY beginning the guy
    is already assaulting the girl. She is stumbling away when the video shows
    him punching her. Who is to say the dirt bag is going to stop his attack?
    Because someone got in between them?

I went back and re-watched it, taking note of the very beginning. I see her stumbling away, and then he does come up and punch her from behind. At that point, however, he does not make another attempt at assaulting her. In fact, it looks like one of his buds actually gets up between her and him, urging him to back off. But it isn't until after all of that that Roger even enters the frame, where he can be seen first talking to the Puncher.

Before you answer remember the Pizza Hut or whatever video of the guy
    pummeling another customer and nobody bothering to intervene.
    He got the crap kicked out of him and everyone just went along minding their own business.

Vividly. That video is a scary example of "group think" and people's inability to step outside of themselves for a minute and say "this is NOT right".

In that case, however, the attacker continues a full-on assault while the other customers offer zero help. Coming to the aid of that man during the time of the assault would've been completely justified. Chasing down the attacker after he had left the store and popping one in his skull would NOT have been justified.

Remember that my perspective on this is only one of legal justification-- what the law says.

My gut says "hell yeah for Roger! Way to give that guy EXACTLY what he deserves!".

Dissecting videos like this can be good mental exercise, and help to give ourselves some frame of reference if we were to ever be involved in such an incident. Its always best to think through these kinds of things BEFORE they happen.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I'm not going to waste my time trying to dissect a video without knowing all the facts. All I'm saying it that there ARE circumstances in which I WILL do everything in my power to put some hurt on a man that hits a woman. Even if that means a battery or assault charge or taking a few licks myself. Is that risky behavior? Maybe, but some things I just will not abide and this is one of them. Admittedly there could be just as many circumstances that would prevent me from confronting the attacker because of other concerns.

OK, so you chase the guy down, and start putting the hurt on him.

His friend cracks you on the head with bat, putting you in a coma. Lot good you do your wife now. Hopefully she'll be there to wipe the drool off your chin.

Or maybe, since you just came out of no where and have the guy on the ground, the guy pulls a gun and you draw and shoot him. Walmart security tape shows you chasing the guy down, starting to beat the crap out of him, and the guy pulling a gun to defend himself. Hope you like bending over for bubba. Lot good you're doing for your family in prison.

It doesn't take balls to put a beat down on someone.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    If I am on the jury, I think I would go for the Citizen's arrest and the dirtbag resisted and injured himself. But that's just me. We have the right of jury nullification in this country.

remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    +1 Roger

However.... I seem to remember, I'm sure I will be corrected if I'm wrong, that Mike Tyson was at least charged with assault with a deadly weapon in a bar (fist) fight because he was a pro fighter. I'm not sure if it stuck, but I believe it was an issue.

If that is the case, then we must compare Rogers actions with a "normal" man with a firearm. So at that point we must ask ourselves if his actions justified a good shoot. NO.

:dunno:

I feel it was justified, hopefully they will pick up charges on the turd that assaulted the woman.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Keith, you never answered my question.

After someone knocks your wife out cold and you realize you forgot your phone in the car, do you scream for help or blow your rape whistle?

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I feel it was justified, hopefully they will pick up charges on the turd that assaulted the woman.

Hypothetically, I'd say it's just as likely they wouldn't press charges since they'd likely have to turn around and charge Roger as well. So, street justice +1, actual justice 0. Guy gets a beating, and walks because of it.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Keith, you never answered my question.

After someone knocks your wife out cold and you realize you forgot your phone in the car, do you scream for help or blow your rape whistle?

Well, first off, I'd be checking to see how "out cold" my wife was, and giving her first aid. Then, assuming my wife's purse isn't there, because that's where her phone is, I'd be asking security, or a bystander to call 911.

I guess because I choose to show maturity and self restraint, you take that as a sign of weakness.

I gave up on school yard bullies in the 3rd grade, so I'll let this thread pass by.

Oh, and here's a little experiment for you "manly" men.
    1) Describe the scenario presented to your wife.
    2) Then with all the bravado you can muster tell her how you would have chased the guy down and beaten him to an inch of his life.
    3) Then post what your wife tells you here.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Well, first off, I'd be checking to see how "out cold" my wife was, and giving her first aid. Then, assuming my wife's purse isn't there, because that's where her phone is, I'd be asking security, or a bystander to call 911.

That's absurd. You should leave her there, even though she's "out cold". Then you should chase the guy who knocked her out. Assuming you can even catch the guy, you should start by busting up his face real nice. Then kick him a few times when you're standing over him. That'll teach him to hit a woman.

Aww crap. . . . your unconscious wife choked to death on her own blood while you were out getting payback.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    OK, so you chase the guy down, and start putting the hurt on him.

His friend cracks you on the head with bat, putting you in a coma. Lot good you do your wife now. Hopefully she'll be there to wipe the drool off your chin.

Or maybe, since you just came out of no where and have the guy on the ground, the guy pulls a gun and you draw and shoot him. Walmart security tape shows you chasing the guy down, starting to beat the crap out of him, and the guy pulling a gun to defend himself. Hope you like bending over for bubba. Lot good you're doing for your family in prison.
    You clearly have no comprehension whatsoever of what I said in my last post, making any further comment from me on this useless. You go your way, I'll go mine...hope it works out for you.

It doesn't take balls to put a beat down on someone.

True. But IMO it does take a lack of them to walk away from a guy that just decked a woman when you have the opportunity to do something about it. Obviously, our opinions differ. You're allowed to do that and so am I, so you don't have to worry about me wanting to hit you for it.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

I guess because I choose to show maturity and self restraint, you take that as a sign of weakness.

I gave up on school yard bullies in the 3rd grade, so I'll let this thread pass by.

Oh, and here's a little experiment for you "manly" men.
    1) Describe the scenario presented to your wife.
    2) Then with all the bravado you can muster tell her how you would have chased the guy down and beaten him to an inch of his life.
    3) Then post what your wife tells you here.

Absolutely truthfully?
    I would probably be the one pulling her off the guy if he hit her. :):

My wife grew up in Chicago, she was raised by a Hispanic woman.
    Being the only blonde haired, blue eyed girl in the area she saw her fair share of throw downs.
    I've got 100lbs. on her and I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of what she can dish out.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    OK maybe the Girl doesn't believe in marriage there for she has no husband to protect her!!! No wait!!! maybe the guy beating her was her husband and he just caught her in the mens room with his best friend!!! yea thats the ticket!! No wait the guy hitting the girl was a girl in reverse drag!!! so there for she was a women hitting a women!!! Oh Crap!! never mind carry on!!! :D

Top Bottom