• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Been there, done that. I actually kind of like it, because I hate having to look up at someone while I order. It doesn't bother me so long as they do their job afterward.

The one I really hate is where they introduce themselves and ask for my name. I know they're only doing it because management told them to, so I don't take it out on them, but I tend to avoid restaurants that have this policy. I'm here to eat, not form a new friendship. Well, maybe at Hooter's. :D

Guilty as well. If a guy is getting all chummy, I'm quite put out, but if it's an attractive young lady... Well, I can't say I don't mind the attention, even though I know it's fake.

lolz....

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Been there, done that. I actually kind of like it, because I hate having to look up at someone while I order. It doesn't bother me so long as they do their job afterward.

The one I really hate is where they introduce themselves and ask for my name. I know they're only doing it because management told them to, so I don't take it out on them, but I tend to avoid restaurants that have this policy. I'm here to eat, not form a new friendship. Well, maybe at Hooter's. :D

A lot of restaurants have goofy scripts that the wait staff are forced to read. "Have you been to Bonefish before?" "Yes, but my friend hasn't. You'll need to explain the whole experience first."

So many retail establishments now have very strange "being friendly" procedures. For some reason, I find it really weird that several Family Video employees have to yell "HELLO" from across the store every time someone enters. I love being friendly, but I usually wait until someone is in my vicinity. That seems a tad more genuine.

Ha ha. Wow, JetGirl, you've really gotten me riled up this morning. I needed to vent. :ar15::ar15:

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Passengers in my car who somehow can't see fit to be ready to get out when we arrive. "Did you not see this coming?! You had 15 minutes to prepare, and you're still surprised when my door opens."

Passengers who take forever to get situated bug me as well. Get in, close the door, put on your seatbelt. Anything else you need to do can be done during transit.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Passengers in my car who somehow can't see fit to be ready to get out when we arrive. "Did you not see this coming?! You had 15 minutes to prepare, and you're still surprised when my door opens."

That's EVERY SINGLE TIME my 11-year-old daughter is in the car. It's maddening. It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't take her 3-5 minutes to actually exit the vehicle once we've arrived.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    That's EVERY SINGLE TIME my 11-year-old daughter is in the car. It's maddening. It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't take her 3-5 minutes to actually exit the vehicle once we've arrived.

This one time, at bad camp... Er, this one time, at Disney World with my GF and her son, I asked her to drive. I took a book and read for 5 minutes after we arrived. (I had the tix.) Yeah, childish and vindictive, but I was blinded by a thousand lightbulbs. :D

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Anyone who says, "Whatever." as a response to anything said.

And one last Big one....Band Aids that take two hands and a monkey to open while your hand is bleeding.

What have you got against the Bandaid Monkey?

2ijg9c.jpg

Psh! Whatever!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    This one time, at bad camp... Er, this one time, at Disney World with my GF and her son, I asked her to drive. I took a book and read for 5 minutes after we arrived. (I had the tix.) Yeah, childish and vindictive, but I was blinded by a thousand lightbulbs. :D

There's not enough room in the garage for her to get out, so I have to let her out in the driveway before pulling in. I've started parking and turning the engine off while I wait for her to get all her stuff together and get out so I can pull into the garage.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    There's not enough room in the garage for her to get out, so I have to let her out in the driveway before pulling in. I've started parking and turning the engine off while I wait for her to get all her stuff together and get out so I can pull into the garage.

My wife travels with 2 makeup bags, her purse, AT LEAST 2 bottles of water, and a bag full of reading material that she never reads. This accompanies her everywhere she goes. She typically also has some kind of snack with her.

She'll pack a full suitcase for an overnight trip at her mom and dad's house.

usaguy2006

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 15, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    My insurance company putting my dads accidents on my permanent driving record and making my insurance qoutes jump from 70 a month to 180 a month tho i have done nothing wrong..

Then when confronting them, the guy says, "we go by social security numbers, not just names so some one must have given us your number." My dad dosent know mine.. JUST ADMIT THIS IS YOUR FAULT!

(Dad and I have the same first and last name) If your wondering, i finally have gotten ahold of the people who take care of this and got 2 accidents off my record that were not mine...

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    My wife travels with 2 makeup bags, her purse, AT LEAST 2 bottles of water, and a bag full of reading material that she never reads. This accompanies her everywhere she goes. She typically also has some kind of snack with her.

With my daughter, it's her Nintendo DS, her retainer case, her sunglasses, etc. You know, all the important stuff that an 11-year-old needs to go on a fifteen minute car trip.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner

With my daughter, it's her Nintendo DS, her retainer case, her sunglasses, etc. You know, all the important stuff that an 11-year-old needs to go on a fifteen minute car trip.

Of all the bad examples I set and all the bad traits that my kid picks up from me, I'm sooo glad the "I hate carrying a purse" one has rubbed off on her.
    Even when we go away for a weekend, she gets by with a gym bag & room to spare. We both travel pretty light.
    Now, the spousal unit on the other hand... sheesh. Suitcase, garment bag, computer stuff, separate bag for other electronic junk...on and on and on.
    To his credit, though...if there's something I inevitably need and didn't bring, I know who to turn to.

As far as other annoyances - the kiosk workers in the mall who accost you with nail care products or whatnot. "No" means "no" people. Don't follow me for several steps while still pushing. It's never going to magically make me change my mind. It will, however, magically make me want to inflict great bodily harm with that Taco Bell spork I just picked up from the food court.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Assembly instructions in 5 languages.

The English instructions that you do get were obviously written by a 13 yo Chinese boy that doesn't speak English.

Dial 1 for English.

People that stand in my space at the stores.

Little small women in giant SUVs that like to tail gate me.

Women with shopping carts... are they all mad from the power of driving a shopping cart...

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    If you have children you will get this one,
    The package toys come in that requires a plasma cutter to open and the those wire ties that are twisted at every joint to keep that item in place,and then some now have screws mounting them to card board.
    I think the outer package had it covered.

Two Words: Trauma Shears

God hasn't invented a packaging method that a decent set of trauma shears can't cut thru.

Top Bottom