• ...and so much more!
  • Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    People who don't think before they act. Even trained reaction has to have at least semi-conscious thought to it.

People who don't think, period.

Reputation systems which make me spread the love around before rep'ing a person who truly deserves it. I do not give reputation points lightly.

People who point out the obvious to me.

The misuse of pronouns: "the car who," "the person that"

Those who state opinion as fact.

5.56x45mm for combat use.

"Green."

Alphabet agencies.

People who talk in police code - who have never been on the force.

Mall cops.

There are likely more...

Josh

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Returning to my van after coming out of a movie and finding somebody parked THIS CLOSE behind me.

0731002055.jpg

MrsXtremeVel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Working in an Elementary school where the dress code specifically says, "No Sagging!", I went through a gross of plastic zip ties last school year. I'm so tired of seeing butt. I don't care what your boxers look like, I don't care if it looks cool, I don't care if your mom said you could. PULL UP YOUR #@$%^% PANTS!
    Whew... I feel much better now. :rockwoot:

SubicWarrior1988

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    central
    Great thread

It probably seems petty, but I think one of the most annoying things I deal with on a daily basis,

I absolutely loathe excessive sighing in the middle of the office.......

yes I know.......

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    The use of "defiantly" instead of "definitely." In this case, spell check is NOT your friend.

I'm not sure I've seen that one...Who could possibly mistake those two words, unless it was an accident(they both start with "def" and end in "ly," so I could see it.)

I have another one...

When someone says "good" instead of "well."

Example:

Me: "How are you doing?"

Them: "I'm doing good."

Unless you are fighting crime, saving babies from burning buildings or rescuing cats from trees, you are doing "well."

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    I'm not sure I've seen that one...Who could possibly mistake those two words, unless it was an accident(they both start with "def" and end in "ly," so I could see it.)
    To pick one from a random search...
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/760100-post13.html

turns out I'm not the *only* one who catches the errors. :)

I suspect that it's a case of "definately" (misspelled) being turned into "defiantly" by an auto-spellchecker.

I have another one...

When someone says "good" instead of "well."
    That's a good one as well! ;)

A friend of mine in high school gave me a way to remember that: things are good, people are well. I don't know why it stuck, but it always has. :dunno:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    To pick one from a random search...
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/760100-post13.html

turns out I'm not the *only* one who catches the errors. :)

Haha, that's funny...How exactly did you random search that(2 words at one time)?

I suspect that it's a case of "definately" (misspelled) being turned into "defiantly" by an auto-spellchecker.

Good call..."Definately" is definitely misspelled a LOT.:D

That's a good one as well! ;)

A friend of mine in high school gave me a way to remember that: things are good, people are well. I don't know why it stuck, but it always has. :dunno:

I'm not sure what made it "stick" for me, but I remember watching 30 Rock and Tracy Jordon asked Twofer(a Harvard grad) how he was doing and Twofer said "I'm doing good." Crazy, less-than-educated Tracy replied, ":"Nah-uh. Superman does good; you're doing well. You need to study yo grammah."

christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    Searched this thread from summer just to post this because it annoys me that much...

When people use the word "Goodies" on INGO. That annoys me sooooo much.. Are you 5? Are we 5? (present temper-tandem withheld) Then WHY are you talking like a grandma giving a small child some butterscotch candy? Stop saying "GOODIES"!!!@!!@!@!@!:xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad:

You sound ridiculous...

Use any number of other words to let your E-friends know about what you bought/received...

Examples....."stuff, things, new item, item, goods, crap, **** ,..etc..etc...:wallbash:

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    I read every page and I have come to a conclusion.

Anytime someone asks me what is wrong or what is annoying me my response is always.....PEOPLE!!

It would seem although each poster has used different words to describe what annoys them in the end it always boils down to a simple answer.... PEOPLE!!

It is nice to know I am not the only one who feels this way.

Top Bottom