• What's your opinion about the wall?

• Total voters

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Do we need an actual, physical barrier? Well, maybe, likely, in some or many places. Do we need real border control? Of course. Heck, even much more liberal countries control their borders. Many better then the USA. It should be extremely difficult and dangerous for folks to circumvent the law.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    something like this........Israeli wall......

824d1b8f-4b1e-425d-8368-c17853d16df5.jpg

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm wondering if people understand how many illegal immigrants actually entered the country illegally, versus illegal immigrants that entered the country legally. Your wall would be better suited at a customs booth at an airport.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    There's an old saying...."Fences make good neighbors". It would certainly help if put in the proper places. I don't think to many on the border would complain about the loss of some land if it helps keep the riff raff out.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    There's an old saying...."Fences make good neighbors". It would certainly help if put in the proper places. I don't think to many on the border would complain about the loss of some land if it helps keep the riff raff out.

I disagree. Having a sizable portion of you acreage cut off seems like a pretty big deal. If riff raff we're a problem above the possession of their property, I would think the smart person would sell it and leave.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I don't even care if I have to pay for it. Let's get it built and ship all the illegals out of our country and make anchor babies no longer get citizenship.
    I also said a long time ago that we need to make the border a mine field. Post signs. If they ignore the signs they killed themselves. Man the wall with armed border patrol or US soldiers with order to shoot.

I'm with you on all of this. I do see a downside as our officials don't have the spine to fix this stuff.
    First thing you know... Some illegal blows himself up and our Govt gives 'em a million bucks for doing something illegal.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Not surprisingly, of the people who want more wall, by 8:1 people don't care if Mexico pays for it.

Maybe you guys should call Trump up and let him off the hook. Tell him you don't actually give a flying **** about making Mexico pay for it, you mostly just want more wall. At least then, that'd be one less cause for him to say stupid **** on twitter.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is so funny and so timely.

What's that saying about cleaning your own house before you point your finger at others?

And you have the audacity to complain about me.

Can anyone say hypocrite? LOL

In this I am starting to see all of this in a somewhat humerus light. We say they say. Those groups are for this and these groups stand for this and for that.
    We seem to have forgotten about the business at hand. A secure country and a stable economy.
    If we were not completely screwing up the country it would be funny. Funny as hell actually.

Leaks and lies from all directions. Things that would have folks locked up for treason when I was younger are now OK because it fits the grand plan.
    Being done out in the open with no regard for the rules. Disruption is the order of the day.

I am just using this post to press my point home. No knock on anyone in general.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    In this I am starting to see all of this in a somewhat humerus light. We say they say. Those groups are for this and these groups stand for this and for that.
    We seem to have forgotten about the business at hand. A secure country and a stable economy.
    If we were not completely screwing up the country it would be funny. Funny as hell actually.

Leaks and lies from all directions. Things that would have folks locked up for treason when I was younger are now OK because it fits the grand plan.
    Being done out in the open with no regard for the rules. Disruption is the order of the day.

I am just using this post to press my point home. No knock on anyone in general.

Personally I have a hard time seeing it as being funny for the reason i don't see any good coming of any of it. More harm than good kind of thing.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I don't really know how to vote on this one so I abstain.

Not really for it, don't think it will do squat.

Not against it, nations have an obligation to secure their borders.

While remote machine guns would be cool, can't support it. Who goes to prison for shooting an American citizen trying to get back into their own country? That wouldn't be right.

I'll let wiser folks decide this one.

Doug

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don't really know how to vote on this one so I abstain.

Not really for it, don't think it will do squat.

Not against it, nations have an obligation to secure their borders.

While remote machine guns would be cool, can't support it. Who goes to prison for shooting an American citizen trying to get back into their own country? That wouldn't be right.

I'll let wiser folks decide this one.

Doug

well. Okay. So how many ****s to you give? Maybe you can go with that one.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    I disagree. Having a sizable portion of you acreage cut off seems like a pretty big deal. If riff raff we're a problem above the possession of their property, I would think the smart person would sell it and leave.

I don't disagree entirely but i don't see too many pieces of property small enough to be severly impacted. True there are some but for the larger ones (ranches, farms, whatever) the reduction in losses/damage could be offset by the loss of land. I would also be willing bet that most don't use the land very close to the border anyway.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Personally I have a hard time seeing it as being funny for the reason i don't see any good coming of any of it. More harm than good kind of thing.

Color me different, 'cause I think it's frickin Hilarious.

I only wish that Trump would have added that, "If the wall doesn't get built, or if it does and if Mexico doesn't pay for it, I'll eat this plate of worms". Kind of a Fear Factor re-set (He is the Reality Show President, isn't he?).

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Wonder if this poll has turned out the way that it was thought to have?

Wonder if the real world results give some reflection to the national "polling" :rolleyes: so often "reported" lately?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Wonder if this poll has turned out the way that it was thought to have?

Wonder if the real world results give some reflection to the national "polling" :rolleyes: so often "reported" lately?

It turned out exactly the way I thought it would. I'm more surprised that 4 people voted for open borders.

Kut (knows the audience)

Top Bottom