• What's your opinion about the wall?

• Total voters

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I know Trump spouted off about Mexico paying for the wall but I don't think it makes much difference who pays for it.
    Seein's how we've been enablin' anyone that wants to come in here to just waddle across with few if any retributions involved if caught.
    You let the kiddies play in the puddle long enough it's what they're gonna do. Don't get mad at the kiddies to continue behavior they've been allowed to do for a long time.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I know Trump spouted off about Mexico paying for the wall but I don't think it makes much difference who pays for it.
    Seein's how we've been enablin' anyone that wants to come in here to just waddle across with few if any retributions involved if caught.
    You let the kiddies play in the puddle long enough it's what they're gonna do. Don't get mad at the kiddies to continue behavior they've been allowed to do for a long time.

De-rail.....Love the new avatar....re-rail.....carry on.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm for a wall if we'll use it. If we're just going to build it and pretend we did something, might as well save the money.

It was about 1998 when my unit went down to the AZ/Mexico border to build a fence as part of JTF-6. We were Combat Engineers, thus trained in mobility/counter-mobility. Walls are just a method of counter-mobility. The one we built was to pretend we did something. A wall is just a speed bump if you don't have the manpower and the stomach to protect it. People will climb it, tunnel under it, destroy it, or bypass it (such as smuggling through checkpoints). A wall, wire obstacle, mine field, what have you is just a speed bump if you don't have it manned to prevent it from being dismantled. Even the most lethal of obstacles is pointless if it's simply bypassed.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You mean like your ancestors?

They most likely came here well before there was an entitlement system for an opportunity. That system worked quite well as anyone coming here knew they had to make it on their own but that they would be free of the government BS that destroys initiative, freedom of movement and freedom to succeed.

Funny you should say that, because they didn't want to come here either. So yeah, like my ancestors.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    Which part of the border are you referring to? I bet that those along the Rio Grande use it all the time for access to water.

The Rio Grande is dry a good portion of the year in the west end of the state. There is an awfully long border where there is no water at all. Where there. Is water ill bet there is a solution to eliminate that problem.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Easy. No wall is needed. Simply treat them like other countries treat invaders... er I mean "undocumented aliens".

Send them back to their home country. By air. But you say "what if their country wont accept them?" (as often happens) Did I mention this would be their view as they stepped off the plane? (no parachute if you are concerned for them coming back anyway)
    :):

hqdefault.jpg

Seriously though. A wall will help, but not NEARLY as much as through policy changes. As other stated, we need to remove the incentives and they will be less likely to enter. Oh, and we also need to revise the immigration system as well.

(not totally against a wall in key areas to slow them down, but expecting a solid wall from the Gulf to the Pacific to work by itself is foolish)

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Easy. No wall is needed. Simply treat them like other countries treat invaders... er I mean "undocumented aliens".

Send them back to their home country. By air. But you say "what if their country wont accept them?" (as often happens) Did I mention this would be their view as they stepped off the plane? (no parachute if you are concerned for them coming back anyway)
    :):

hqdefault.jpg

Seriously though. A wall will help, but not NEARLY as much as through policy changes. As other stated, we need to remove the incentives and they will be less likely to enter. Oh, and we also need to revise the immigration system as well.

(not totally against a wall in key areas to slow them down, but expecting a solid wall from the Gulf to the Pacific to work by itself is foolish)

And I keep reading here that the left is so offensive, angry, and irrational. What the heck is this? Drop people out of a plane without parachute. Seriously? Gotta wonder what kind of reception this post is going to get here? Acceptance and applause or disgust?

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    And I keep reading here that the left is so offensive, angry, and irrational. What the heck is this? Drop people out of a plane without parachute. Seriously? Gotta wonder what kind of reception this post is going to get here? Acceptance and applause or disgust?

Purple is the 1st clue to Sarcasm. I read it that way as it is in purple.

Admittedly something has got to be done. And soon.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    If "the left" is really here listening then forget this wall thing. Sorry, "elections have consequences" BO, the left has lost the wall issue.

Now let's talk about the left, gun control and the next election... :popcorn:

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    No, let's talk about rational and irrational. When you joke about killing people no matter your tag line your irrational.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sorry, but I don't agree. Somehow I think if sarcasm to this degree were used from the left there might be more outrage.

Just to touch very lightly on this a lot of the left/progressive tactics are just as offensive to others.
    As I stated somewhere else if all of this were not so destructive to the Republic it would be tragically humorous.

I am standing back and watching all of this unfold. No regard to sides or political narratives just watching. From that vantage point this all looks pretty ridiculous as to how it is playing out.

No, dropping them out of aircraft is not acceptable.
    But in my mind the flood of humanity we are seeing invading the country is not acceptable on it's own.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Just to touch very lightly on this a lot of the left/progressive tactics are just as offensive to others.
    As I stated somewhere else if all of this were not so destructive to the Republic it would be tragically humorous.

I am standing back and watching all of this unfold. No regard to sides or political narratives just watching. From that vantage point this all looks pretty ridiculous as to how it is playing out.

No, dropping them out of aircraft is not acceptable.
    But in my mind the flood of humanity we are seeing invading the country is not acceptable on it's own.

Both can be equally true. There's room for an intelligent discussion when we agree to that. Just not open to thinking there is any room for joking about killing or committing mass murder.

H*** I even asked for a few of those reasons in another thread. Unfortunately those at the time where unable or unwilling to discuss or provide very little with regards to why we should build a wall. But I'm open to the discussion.

Last edited:

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Build a Berlin Wall for America. You want to come in, fill out the ****ing paperwork.

Else:

[video=youtube;HyAjzowYP1o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyAjzowYP1o[/video]

Top Bottom