• What's your opinion about the wall?

• Total voters

Patriot3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Kokomo
    I do not care about the wall. I am an open borders kind of person. My reasoning is that eventually the US will not be a major superpower in the future, with that in mind I would hope our nation could look at its neighbors for help. If we build a wall, Mexico and most of South America is liable to give us the same treatment in our dire need. So instead of financing a wall, take the money and finance agriculture, education, or technology.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I'm an open borders kind of guy...said no successful nation ever. Political boundaries are what define nations, ignore them at peril to the republic.

If you want to sit by and watch America become nothing that is one way to do it. Enforce our laws, send them back to where their valid identifications were printed.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I'm an open borders kind of guy...said no successful nation ever. Political boundaries are what define nations, ignore them at peril to the republic.

If you want to sit by and watch America become nothing that is one way to do it. Enforce our laws, send them back to where their valid identifications were printed.
    Can you name some successful nations that had closed borders?

Feudal Japan comes to mind, but successful would have to be defined to see if they fit.

I think this is much more a modern idea. Through most of history, most nations had no real way of being able to control their borders.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    In a welfare state borders are a necessity.

But the concept of open boarders is a rational idea. However, in the way people rationally conceive them today, open boarders is incompatible with human nature. We are still most basically tribal. We still most naturally self sort. If some catastrophe wiped all civil knowledge from us, our national borders would dissappear and we'd revert back to competing tribes, and socially evolve eventually into nation states with borders.

The problem is also that incompatible beliefs exist. In a diverse social world there are some ideals which cannot be resolved without violence.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Through most of history borders were defined by language and ethnicity and who ruled where. If a Frenchman went to England/Italy/Austria/Germany/Poland would anyone be fooled into not knowing where he came from? If he came with 10,000 friends/family and just started setting up shop it wouldn't be considered an invasion?

In modern times successful nations operate under the rule of law, can you name one where people from other countries can just waltz in and start taking work from the locals? I think not being able to control your borders due to PC feelings is much more the modern idea.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    US hands out first contracts for border wall prototypes - BBC News

The four concrete prototypes will be 30ft (9m) long and up to 30ft tall, and will be built in the coming months.
    Officials will then spend up to two months testing the walls for tampering and penetration resistance using small hand tools, CBP said.

I wonder if using a 40 ft ladder will be part of the test.

Or a wooden pole.

[video=youtube;lhNs7HcBW6o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhNs7HcBW6o[/video]

Tactical team scale 30ft wall using WOODEN POLE*in Vietnam | Daily Mail Online

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    "Deadline comes from Civil War prisons. A "do-not-cross" line circled these prison. Guards were told to shoot and kill any prisoner who might "touch, fall upon, pass over, under or across the said 'dead line.' "

*.*

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If only there were some magical wonderland we could navigate to where we could find the answers to most questions. Someplace where all we had to do is ask, and some voice, maybe even synthetic, maybe one which answers to a simple name, Siri, or Alexa, would just answer, obediently like a loyal servant. And if there were no voice available, maybe there'd be a visual interface where we could enter our query, and immediately be rewarded with answers. If only information were that close to our fingertips.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Ah, but you have to know (or suspect) the reference exists in order to search for it. I'm a little bit of a War Between the States aficionado and thus had heard of it. The quote was pulled to get a concise description quickly and (this being INGO) with citation readily available if needed

Top Bottom