• Status
    Not open for further replies.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I have to say that was one of the best episodes I've saw. Very intense. They should have gotten a grocery cart and loaded up on that loot.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ah! Detail I missed. There's a difference between the comic and the series in the Grimes family's home town. In the comic, it's Cynthiana, KY, which is a real place, about a 1/3 of the way from Lexington to Cincinnati. In the series, it's, as mentioned, King Co., GA, which is fictional.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    They're like a year into this and still scrambling around.

I don't think this bunch would have lasted a month in a real Zombie Apocalypse.

Lousy security, no attempt to grow food, constantly going on runs for small stuff, no attempt to 'grow' the community. I'm watching anymore just to see what stupid thing Rick does next...

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    They're like a year into this and still scrambling around.

I don't think this bunch would have lasted a month in a real Zombie Apocalypse.

Lousy security, no attempt to grow food, constantly going on runs for small stuff, no attempt to 'grow' the community. I'm watching anymore just to see what stupid thing Rick does next...

I recall them talking about growing food in the outer yard of the prison when they first took it. Hell of an idea, but they need some equipment. On one of those runs they need to secure a few horses and some farming equipment...maybe a few cows...looks like they're too busy fighting the live folks to secure perimeter against the dead folks and get a farm going.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    I recall them talking about growing food in the outer yard of the prison when they first took it. Hell of an idea, but they need some equipment. On one of those runs they need to secure a few horses and some farming equipment...maybe a few cows...looks like they're too busy fighting the live folks to secure perimeter against the dead folks and get a farm going.

This is why they need more people. With that puny group they would be exhausted just from holding the fence line, let alone producing anything.

It seems like the only thing they are planting in the yard is former group members.

I know, it's TV and it's not a how-to show on survival.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    This is why they need more people. With that puny group they would be exhausted just from holding the fence line, let alone producing anything.

It seems like the only thing they are planting in the yard is former group members.

I know, it's TV and it's not a how-to show on survival.

Actually the survival aspect of it is what drew me in from the beginning. I think they need a survival expert on staff to give the show more realism. Perhaps, in one episode they could find a serious prepper and bring him/her into the fold and teach them how to survive.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    The GOV is the prepper. Organized, resourcefull, Bond building, just a little messed up in the head after loosing everything he loved before the situation. Not unlike Rick at the moment.

"I got stuff. "

.45 Dave

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    Just saw the latest episode. All I can say is WOW! Definitely one of the best in my opinion. I like the new music they are putting in at the end too. I was very glad to see they finally got back to Morgan. I was wondering what happened to him. I'm was a big Jericho fan so seeing they resolved that mystery was gratifying. I really like it when they develop the characters and get away from the usual zombie movie mentality. My question now is: is Rick and Michonne going to start a relationship or is it just a mutual deep friendship developing? Not a big deal as I enjoy watching them kill zombies but seriously, after awhile, there are only so many ways to kill zombies and the interpersonal actions are what makes a good show. I just like to see characters develop and grow regardless of the action or genre involved.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    At least Rick sees him for what he is. They'll never go to that rendesvous in two days, they'll prepare for two days and then all hell's gonna break loose. Unless!!! Michone and Merle go "take care of it".

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    It might not be so easy to plan for stuff when things are trying to eat you all the time.

This is just an allegory for modern life. For Walkers insert IRS, criminals, etc. The folks in the show had it easy until the Gov came along. Think of him as the Soviet Union, or Osama.

They should have been doing much better getting their **** together. :twocents:

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    There's going to be some serious fighting coming up soon! I agree that this episode was a bit slow but I think they were trying to show the two groups bonding, besides their leaders of course. Interesting for sure, I am still hooked! :rockwoot:

IfUDare01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Fishers
    I think Rick has the upper hand. He's a thinker. He'll make the governor think he got something that will help him and then wham! knife to the gut or was that Shane. LOL

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I'm going to hold out that the Gov's forces aren't going to have their hearts in it. They've been hinting that Mandrea is winning them over. I also still think ol' Merl and Michone are going to kick a little Gov Azz on the side.

Would be really cool to see Michone get another crack at him and cut his head off with that bigazz sword.

drysdaleg

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Pretty excited to see what happens in the next 3 episodes.

Andrea getting into everyones business is getting annoying as hell. I hope she gets bit or just gets killed in the mists of gun fire.

I did see they got a lot of gear from morgan. Those bags seemed to be a little small for all that stuff.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I did see they got a lot of gear from morgan. Those bags seemed to be a little small for all that stuff.

bookbag.jpg

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Hey, anyone else catch that the Gov even knew about their trip to see Morgan? How the hell did he know that? Didn't think even Andrea knew that. He also knew what they brought back.

That means the Gov knows about Morgan - which means Morgan is a threat - which means Morgan will be in this battle somewhere. Count on it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom