Not open for further replies.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    What I'm trying to figure out is, if their hometown was that close to the prison, wouldn't Rick have known about the prison seeing that he is a police officer??

3pnvmo.jpg

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Excellent Point!

I'm thinking this must be a different town...although, why would a picture of Rick and his family be hanging up at a restaurant of another town?

It was supposed to be Ricks home town, he went to his station.
    Morgan had a hand drawn map of the town on the wall noting Ricks house (burned)

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    It's a giant plot hole because this isn't how they found morgan in the comics, and they also wanted to bring him back previously. Thus episode makes NO SENSE accoding to the comic cannon.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    It's a giant plot hole because this isn't how they found morgan in the comics, and they also wanted to bring him back previously. Thus episode makes NO SENSE accoding to the comic cannon.

The show doesn't really follow the comics all the time anyway. So that's to be expected.

As far as why didn't he go to the prison in the first place? Maybe it just didn't occur to him. If we had a zombie uprising, my first thought is probably NOT going to be "holy ****, I better get to Terre Haute Federal Pen! It'll be safe there!" :):

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In the comic, the Gov's final attack on the prison was devastating. I dare say most of the group at the time was killed, the rest scattered. For a time, Rick and Carl were on their own. Then, little by little, some of them, Andrea, Michonne, Glenn, Maggie, etc. filtered back together at <insert setting for season 4 here>.

200 miles from Atlanta covers a lot of Kentucky territory, and we don't know where they specificly are. They moved some indeterminate distance in an indeterminate direction from Atlanta between Season 1 and 2 to arrive at the farm, and again from 2 to 3 to find the prison. They could be anywhere in GA, and a lot of places in SC, AL, and TN. Being that the drive was depicted as being a day jaunt, I'd submit they are at least in north GA/AL or even TN for the prison setting, and Rick's old town is in southwestern KY.

When they had to leave the hiker and no one even seemed to have an emotional response, I thought it was cold, but at the moment, they were on a mission. Added weight is added fuel costs and lower cargo capacity coming back. I understood it. If they had just been migrating through, I'd expect them to give the guy an even shot at joining up and being a productive member of the band. When they were coming back through and the guy was just a greasy spot on the road, it was very c'est la guerre moment.

Again, I thought it very cold the way they just silently reversed and had the boy open his door, lean out, and pick up the pack, but again, it was understandable. In a world of scarcity, any resource is worth its weight in gold.

Rock River

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indy/Morgan county
    If your an IPhone user (and maybe droids) there is a nice TWD app that has an interactive map that shows all events from the show and book in a "google" map type setting. You can see how far apart events and locations are, even has satellite view. Pretty nice way to get perspective on how far things were apart.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    What about leaving the guy that was walking down the road - cold in my book. Not many humans left and they don't have the numbers for a battle against the governor.

Numbers are important, and theirs are dwindling. They have had opportunities to vet new members, but either drive people off or ignore them. Lots of annoying things like this.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    What about leaving the guy that was walking down the road - cold in my book. Not many humans left and they don't have the numbers for a battle against the governor.

The GOV has the cool guns.
    Once they need a few more people to feed to the zombie hoards they will get more into the group.

I expect to see the following dead before the end of this season, Since the comics are not followed to a tee. Sex and zombie killers only.

Hershal (He can't run away) Has 15 shot shotgun.
    Merle (he finished mathew 29-30 for hershal) Sacrifice for the group
    Carol (She is not getting naked.)
    Little ass kicker (eaten by zombies) A new low for cable TV.

Andrea gets naked so she stay's.
    Mochone kicks ass and is OK on her own so she stay's. (Spinoff series)
    Ricks show so he stay's. (I got stuff)
    The GOV as we need a bad guy he stay's.
    Carl (he's a good shot)
    Maggie and glenn (as they get naked in the guard towers) Stay's
    Darrel as we need a hero/anti-hero,

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Just like the first season that bag is magical. He supposedly put a ton of guns and several thousand rounds "assorted" in that thing and carried it around like an Easton bag.
    It is like playing a video game. You don't have to worry about carrying the stuff you just find the guns and ammo and stand by them a while to gear up. You don't actually see the stuff you "have" you just know you have it. :):

Black Cloud

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Just like the first season that bag is magical. He supposedly put a ton of guns and several thousand rounds "assorted" in that thing and carried it around like an Easton bag.
    It is like playing a video game. You don't have to worry about carrying the stuff you just find the guns and ammo and stand by them a while to gear up. You don't actually see the stuff you "have" you just know you have it. :):

QFT.

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    In the comic, the Gov's final attack on the prison was devastating. I dare say most of the group at the time was killed, the rest scattered. For a time, Rick and Carl were on their own. Then, little by little, some of them, Andrea, Michonne, Glenn, Maggie, etc. filtered back together at <insert setting for season 4 here>.

200 miles from Atlanta covers a lot of Kentucky territory, and we don't know where they specificly are. They moved some indeterminate distance in an indeterminate direction from Atlanta between Season 1 and 2 to arrive at the farm, and again from 2 to 3 to find the prison. They could be anywhere in GA, and a lot of places in SC, AL, and TN. Being that the drive was depicted as being a day jaunt, I'd submit they are at least in north GA/AL or even TN for the prison setting, and Rick's old town is in southwestern KY.

When they had to leave the hiker and no one even seemed to have an emotional response, I thought it was cold, but at the moment, they were on a mission. Added weight is added fuel costs and lower cargo capacity coming back. I understood it. If they had just been migrating through, I'd expect them to give the guy an even shot at joining up and being a productive member of the band. When they were coming back through and the guy was just a greasy spot on the road, it was very c'est la guerre moment.

Again, I thought it very cold the way they just silently reversed and had the boy open his door, lean out, and pick up the pack, but again, it was understandable. In a world of scarcity, any resource is worth its weight in gold.

The prison is in Georgia. They've shown the name (West Georgia correctional facility) more than one i think.

If they're basing the show location on its actual location, it's slightly southwest of Atlanta.

He was NOT sheriff of a town in Kentucky. King County, Georgia (fictional) is where he was sheriff (and where he just returned).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom