• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    So, I wasn't sure if they could show something like that on a cable TV show. I know it's pretty solidly banned in video games (think Skyrim, Fallout..)

Sort of odd seeing that happen.

Well...they kind of did and they kind of didn't. They didn't show Lizzy killing her sister, just the aftermath...and they didn't really show Carol shooting Lizzy, though clearly that's what happened. Splitting hairs. Disturbing.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Don't know, but the walkers that the group killed were charred and still smoldering. It looked as if someone tried to fry some walkers and didn't get the job done.

It's the house that Darryl and Beth set on fire.

This season has been parallel episodes, for the most part.

Oh ok , I was thinking they should've went and checked it out .

That whole setting the house on fire was stupid to me because they wasted all that fuel / shine . Seems like they could've done something more useful than waste it like that .

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I didn't even think about the house that Daryl and Beth torched until they mentioned it in Talking Dead. I was thinking they must be really close to Terminus by now and maybe this is a pyre the Termites (to coin a phrase) are setting to dispose of their dead and all of the walkers they've dispatched. Can't let disease take hold in the civilized freehold of Terminus. So, I thought it was really stupid of Carol and Tyrese to even entertain the idea of staying at the remote house by the tracks that everyone else seeking Terminus would be passing by too, seeing as how they were so close to Terminus that they could see the Termites' pyres.

Well, yeah, that was wrong. If it was, indeed, supposed to be Daryl and Beth's moonshine party, then Carol and Tyrese are still a long way off from Terminus and staying at the house just might have made some modicum of sense.

And no, I don't think this qualifies as hard core. If they had shown more detail of Mika laying on the ground with her gut/chest splayed open, then it'd be hard core, but they carefully blocked the closest shots of Mika's face with Lizzie's blurry body in the foreground so you couldn't see the true damage her psychosis had wrought on her little sister. That demotes it at least one notch down from hard core. Maybe, crunchy core.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Yes...... let's remember Carol and Lizzie in a happier time..........

old-yeller-002.jpg

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Shoo! Shoo! Go away! :D

Great episode. I made the mistake and read a spoiler website before-hand, but not much sank in. I was still on the edge of my seat. I do think that Lizzie should have met her end at the hands of her sister though.. Just lock them both in a room and let nature happen.

Talking Dead was really good too. They explained that Judith was in a papoose sling or something or another, as others had the same questions. I like how the puzzle was a picture of Sophia though.. and that nobody on set knew what it was until the producer or whoever told them after it was done.

Another Easter egg. If you look back when michone and Carl go out gathering stuff in that house and michone picks up a painting it was of Lizzy with blood yellow flowers and an x thru her head.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Where is Tyreese getting ammo for that M1?
    It keeps disappearing from my basement :-)

Great episode. I told the wife early in the episode, that girl is trouble and is going to have to be dealt with at some point. Didn't see it coming that soon though.

ETA: I never come to this thread until I have watched the episode... just common sense.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    It keeps disappearing from my basement :-)

Great episode. I told the wife early in the episode, that girl is trouble and is going to have to be dealt with at some point. Didn't see it coming that soon though.

ETA: I never come to this thread until I have watched the episode... just common sense.

I have no common sense.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Where is Tyreese getting ammo for that M1?

To Navarre1095,

I would guess that it was a leftover from the prison armoury.

There are a lot of law enforcement armouries that still have Thompson machine guns stuffed way in the back somewhere. It wouldn't be too big of a stretch to find some olde milsurp in a prison or local sheriffs office.

Regards,

Doug

Last edited:

Kev

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    South Bend
    I agree on a thrilling, make you say OMG, episode... as always on the bench waiting for next week.

One thing that always pings me... kinda the norm now.. but the topic of hearing! All of these shots.. close quarters, point-blank, in-doors... how does anyone hear anything these days?!?
    In this last when the walker fell over the porch rail.. the shot was made right above the babies head. The poor kid would be listening to ringing for ever...

I guess the other would be how everyone is a perfect head-shot.. shooting from the hip in most cases... but again the norm these days.

It's a story, I know, so I look past these things... but sometimes reality creeps in my head and says 'what the hell?'.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I agree on a thrilling, make you say OMG, episode... as always on the bench waiting for next week.

One thing that always pings me... kinda the norm now.. but the topic of hearing! All of these shots.. close quarters, point-blank, in-doors... how does anyone hear anything these days?!?
    In this last when the walker fell over the porch rail.. the shot was made right above the babies head. The poor kid would be listening to ringing for ever...

I guess the other would be how everyone is a perfect head-shot.. shooting from the hip in most cases... but again the norm these days.

It's a story, I know, so I look past these things... but sometimes reality creeps in my head and says 'what the hell?'.

I made a thread a long time ago on TV/Movie gun tropes. This was definitely one of them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom