• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Tyrese was carrying Judith in a sort of papoose style sling behind him as they left through the fence.

I knew Lizzie was gonna have to have a bullet put to her eventually, and I feared Mika was gonna succumb to the worst angels of her nature.

I JUST NEVER THOUGHT THE ONE WOULD HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE OTHER!!!!

On reflection, I suppose I should have been able to predict this, though, seeing as how this situation had as its comic book prototype the twin boys in the original camp outside Atlanta. One boy killed the other to help him turn into a Walker, thinking it was just a natural progression. The rest of them locked the kid in a van until the group could figure out what to do about him and his manifest psychosis.

In that case, it was Carl who manned up and legitimately did what had to be done and killed the other twin. In this case, it was Carol who had to… it almost looked like she had to tear out a part of her own heart in order to send Lizzie to her end. "Just look at the flowers, Lizzie." and then popped her in the back of the head with her revolver shot.

The one survivor in this show that I would not want to be would be Carol. That woman's been through more Hell than most.

I think she almost wanted Tyrese to pick up that revolver and kill her there at the end. Put her out of her misery like she put Lizzie out of hers.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    I really shouldn't read this thread on Sunday. I have to watch on Amazon, and it won't be out till tomorrow.

Shoo! Shoo! Go away! :D

Great episode. I made the mistake and read a spoiler website before-hand, but not much sank in. I was still on the edge of my seat. I do think that Lizzie should have met her end at the hands of her sister though.. Just lock them both in a room and let nature happen.

Talking Dead was really good too. They explained that Judith was in a papoose sling or something or another, as others had the same questions. I like how the puzzle was a picture of Sophia though.. and that nobody on set knew what it was until the producer or whoever told them after it was done.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I agree with CathyInBlue... seemed to me Carol was almost wanting to get shot so she wouldn't have to bear her memories. Sad knowing if they could have figured it out earlier, they could have at least saved one kid, and not lose both. I knew Lizzy was on the crazy train, but this still shocked me.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    I agree with CathyInBlue... seemed to me Carol was almost wanting to get shot so she wouldn't have to bear her memories. Sad knowing if they could have figured it out earlier, they could have at least saved one kid, and not lose both. I knew Lizzy was on the crazy train, but this still shocked me.

Sparing Carols life may be his own form of punishment for her. He knows what she has been through and had to do to survive, and maybe forcing her to live with that is his form of a fitting punishment.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

I agree with all above, a great episode!

I think everyone had some good points that were brought up. This episode covered a LOT of ground, both philosophically and emotionally.

To my thinking finding a place like they did, they should prepare it for a great fallback position! When they meet up again IF they ever need a place to run to this would be it! It has its own food, water, limited fuel, shelter. It wouldn't be comfortable for the entire group but it could do for a time. The well alone is worth a load in times like this. The pecans and peaches are some sweet icing on the cake! When they leave it had better be secured and prepared for long term protection I hope.

I was wondering if they are leaning toward an "evolution" of some people with the disease? When Lizzie said, "I can hear them, they just want us to be like them" it got me to thinking if she may be right and everyone else is wrong? Not about living mind you, but about cavalierly blowing off her opinion about the walkers.

I am glad they wrapped up the rats and some issues from the prison. That will help fill in some gaps from what happened there.

I also wonder how the actresses Brighton and Kyla handled their characters deaths? I am certain that adult actors could have issues with their characters being killed off, but the kids... On Talking Dead Melissa (Carol) explained that the episode was actually fun to shoot and the girls did great with it, but still?

It was interesting that Carol mentioned that hadn't seen any new signs for Terminus in awhile. I wonder if that means anything significant or will it be explained?

Regards,

Doug

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    I also wonder how the actresses Brighton and Kyla handled their characters deaths? I am certain that adult actors could have issues with their characters being killed off, but the kids... On Talking Dead Melissa (Carol) explained that the episode was actually fun to shoot and the girls did great with it, but still?

There was a small interview with the kids during one of the breaks. They were both a bit sad about it, but other then that they were ok. They are actors..

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Awesome, well written, and some loose ends tied up. I enjoyed it for sure, ready to get everyone back together and see what happens as well. They are getting rid of all the kids besides Carl, does anyone really think Judith is going to make it long term? I didn't even think about the smoke until after it was over, they were so close to Darryl and Beth! Wowzers :)

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Wow. Just wow. What to do with the mentally ill in a survival situation. I suppose one person could take it upon themselves to never let them out of sight, I don't know. Sooner or later Lizzy was definitely going to have to wise up and understand. I was shocked they left the baby with the kids. Now they have to live with that decision. I agree Carol seemed to just want to die. I don't blame her. Not sure I could have done what she did. Can't imagine.

One error - deer can not eat hard shell nuts like pecans, just like here in Indiana they don't eat walnuts or hickory nuts - they can't crack the shells. They do have enough teeth to crack acorns, but that's about it - soft shell nuts only.

Didn't get to watch talking dead yet - get that tonight. Wow. So disturbing...children killing children...dealing with insane children...crazy.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So, I wasn't sure if they could show something like that on a cable TV show. I know it's pretty solidly banned in video games (think Skyrim, Fallout..)

Sort of odd seeing that happen.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom