Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If you've ever watched other AMC shows like Mad Men or Breaking Bad... they always do things like that. Stuff that doesn't spoil anything, and is just there for fun.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Gotcha. "Carol" talked about - on Talking Dead - the puzzle on the table. The producer showed it to the cast at some point during production. I think the picture on the cover of the puzzle box was a picture of Sophie in a rainbow dress...?...don't remember the significance.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    lookattheflowers_zps47c909e0.jpg

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Is it just me, or was Melissa McBride having issues separating herself from Carol...when Rick kicked her out she seemed very light and bubbly...now she seems to be grasping at straws to keep herself Melissa and not Carol?

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    So tired of this show. They took a perfectly good comic series and turned it into a soap opera, which before watching this show I would not have thought possible. No wonder Frank Darabont left once he realized the direction AMC wanted to take it. I wouldn't stand by while someone took kerosene to my work either. I'm amazed Robert Kirkman is still working with these clowns, although I guess it's probably to keep them from veering even further off-course.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    So tired of this show. They took a perfectly good comic series and turned it into a soap opera, which before watching this show I would not have thought possible. No wonder Frank Darabont left once he realized the direction AMC wanted to take it. I wouldn't stand by while someone took kerosene to my work either. I'm amazed Robert Kirkman is still working with these clowns, although I guess it's probably to keep them from veering even further off-course.

So, you don't like it? Is that what you're saying?

​rhino out!

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I suppose there is always the "Book is better than the movie" crowd - I'm that guy too sometimes. And, I'm not a huge fan of AMC, they're pretty much like all the rest when it comes to PC BS. However, this show makes me think about possibilities. I'll admit I started watching the show because I'm interested in survival especially in a modern setting, but the show has caused me to look at the people dynamic in an extended survival situation. You don't really even need zombies...the people are the real threat. It could just as easily be any other pandemic that forced the end of civilized and powered existence...the people dynamic would be pretty much the same. In this episode, what to do with a child that is criminally insane...very small group setting...open and relatively exposed. It's a troubling scenario.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I suppose there is always the "Book is better than the movie" crowd - I'm that guy too sometimes. And, I'm not a huge fan of AMC, they're pretty much like all the rest when it comes to PC BS. However, this show makes me think about possibilities. I'll admit I started watching the show because I'm interested in survival especially in a modern setting, but the show has caused me to look at the people dynamic in an extended survival situation. You don't really even need zombies...the people are the real threat. It could just as easily be any other pandemic that forced the end of civilized and powered existence...the people dynamic would be pretty much the same. In this episode, what to do with a child that is criminally insane...very small group setting...open and relatively exposed. It's a troubling scenario.

You are correct in that people would (and always have been) would be the main issue. Gathering, growing, defense are all in a work ethic mind set. Getting people to work together for a common goal in the long term, that would be tough.
    Decisions about discipline (it would come up) and sickness both physical and mental would be a reality.
    To lead a group in this scenario would be beyond hard.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yes we all like this show. In particular what's you like?

I'm not sayin' nothin'..... I want to, but I'm not. I wonder why someone hasn't taken out a zombie with Barrett, or something like that?

Kut (couldn't help himself)

BOTA56

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2014
    Columbia City

I own the entire comic series and have read it all, and re-read it along with the show. The thing about the comics is the zombies almost become a non-threat, and that is what seems to be starting to happen in the show. Once we get to know the Saviors zombies will have a whole new use! The comic really starts to focus on the human threat, and the starting of groups for survival. I think the show has its ups and downs, but its still a good show imo. And in all honesty, doesn't seem to be veering too far off course with the comic...

BOTA56

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2014
    Columbia City
    And as far as the "Book is better than the show" I dunno... There seems to be times in the comic where 6 issues go by of Rick planning to do this and that, and no action. Keep in mind 6 issues is 6 months of nothing happening.

Well now because of the plot they are pushing out 2 issues a month, but even during this its a slow moving plot. If they were not putting out two a month right now... BORING!!!

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I own the entire comic series and have read it all, and re-read it along with the show. The thing about the comics is the zombies almost become a non-threat, and that is what seems to be starting to happen in the show. Once we get to know the Saviors zombies will have a whole new use! The comic really starts to focus on the human threat, and the starting of groups for survival. I think the show has its ups and downs, but its still a good show imo. And in all honesty, doesn't seem to be veering too far off course with the comic...

Agreed. I have read all the comics, some parts are better than the show and some parts of the show are better than the comic. IMO People should always be highest on the radar for defense, we have the best thinking ability.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Kinda glad I have not read the comics. I like the show for what it is. It's normally a let down when you go into it with high expectations... Few movies are as good as the books they are based on.

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    Just finished watching an episode of "NCIS", entitled, "Hit and Run". They were showing flashbacks to Abby as a child. The actress playing the young Abby was the same on that played Lizzie on "The Walking Dead". Except this time she wasn't psycho! Always like looking for actors in different roles on different shows.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    Just finished watching an episode of "NCIS", entitled, "Hit and Run". They were showing flashbacks to Abby as a child. The actress playing the young Abby was the same on that played Lizzie on "The Walking Dead". Except this time she wasn't psycho! Always like looking for actors in different roles on different shows.

Great catch! I remember that episode, but never would have made the connection. Hairstyle and age differences, of course.

NCIS-Hit-and-Run-02_510x380.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom