• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • voidsherpa

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2015
    NE
    Anybody else notice the several times Carl shouldered his rifle, looked down the sights and fired from his right side, despite not having a right eye anymore?

Yes. The gun play was pretty damn bad when the walkers showed up at at the beach camp. All ****ty CGI and no practical effects.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I felt sorry for Camp Amazon.

Me too...All of those defenseless women, endless amounts of seafood and a long time since they have had their menfolk around....Sad state of affairs right there.....I would hate to miss out on the upcoming battle, but the good soul in me would have to tell Rick I am going back there to help them through this tough time...

It's not all about the glory you know....
    20210young%20emily%203rd%20pic.jpg

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Me too...All of those defenseless women, endless amounts of seafood and a long time since they have had their menfolk around....Sad state of affairs right there.....I would hate to miss out on the upcoming battle, but the good soul in me would have to tell Rick I am going back there to help them through this tough time...

It's not all about the glory you know....
    Sometimes a man has to be willing to do his part to make the world just a little bit better.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    The way they handled the womens camp wasn't right, in my opinion.

They should have openly sent Tara in to negotiate, or at least make first contact for a deal.

I cannot imagine me being OK at any time in the future with someone coming into my group, taking ALL of my weapons, then promising to give them back when they're "done with them." Even if it all works out in the end I'll hold a vendetta forever and NEVER trust that group.

Negotiation would certainly have been more risky, but it also wouldn't have yielded the potential animosity and distrust. Plus, it would have potentially gotten Ricks group many more people to begin working with him immediately.

I understand grandma, she's never going to change. But there are other voices in their camp that could have been heard and begun their joint venture in a much more cooperative venture. I could even see putting a couple of snipers on the weapons like Michonne did and threatening to shoot or come to the negotiating table, I believe that would have produced more risk but certainly much more favorable results.

Heck, even doing what they did but not just taking but forcing negotiation would have been preferable. "We need your weapons. We will take them if we have to but we are more than willing to trade, what do you want?" Would have been preferable to stealing them. Even in the end if they did take the weapons, at least trying to negotiate would have been less caustic.

Maybe I'm too soft, but I believe that you don't make enemies where you do not have to. You will have plenty no matter what so try not to make more.

Regards,

Doug

Last edited:

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county

They should have openly sent Tara in to negotiate, or at least make first contact for a deal.

I cannot imagine me being OK at any time in the future with someone coming into my group, taking ALL of my weapons, then promising to give them back when they're "done with them." Even if it all works out in the end I'll hold a vendetta forever and NEVER trust that group.

Negotiation would certainly have been more risky, but it also wouldn't have yielded the potential animosity and distrust. Plus, it would have potentially gotten Ricks group many more people to begin working with him immediately.

I understand grandma, she's never going to change. But there are other voices in their camp that could have been heard and begun their joint venture in a much more cooperative venture. I could even see putting a couple of snipers on the weapons like Michonne did and threatening to shoot or come to the negotiating table, I believe that would have produced more risk but certainly much more favorable results.

Heck, even doing what they did but not just taking but forcing negotiation would have been preferable. "We need your weapons. We will take them if we have to but we are more than willing to trade, what do you want?" Would have been preferable to stealing them. Even in the end if they did take the weapons, at least trying to negotiate would have been less caustic.

Maybe I'm too soft, but I believe that you don't make enemies where you do not have to. You will have plenty no matter what so try not to make more.

Regards,

Doug

Agreed.

Dino Bravo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 20, 2015
    Cumberland

Regards,

Doug
    My browser messed up and posted my reply twice.

Last edited:

Dino Bravo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 20, 2015
    Cumberland

Regards,

Doug

You raise excellent points, but I think it's because they've been burned so much, there is no law and order now, and anyone can be killed at anytime for no reason at all. I think it's just hardened Rick up to the point where it's just survival now at any cost.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    You raise excellent points, but I think it's because they've been burned so much, there is no law and order now, and anyone can be killed at anytime for no reason at all. I think it's just hardened Rick up to the point where it's just survival now at any cost.

Yeah but he took guns from the Amazons who were hiding and going out of their way to be left alone and is giving them to the garbage pail kids. These groups don't exactly have developed histories of forming alliances. I'm not sure I would trust a junkyard dog.

I think snipers and explosives made sense but would have given a bit more time for negotiation. I suppose Tara knew Granny was off her rocker.

Dino Bravo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 20, 2015
    Cumberland
    I'm guessing the rationale is because guns are so hard to find they're going to take everything they can when they find it, regardless of consequences. Rick has that "this is for the greater good" mentality.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co

they would have killed her if she showed up there again. Why do you think she went in so strong when she was alone talking to the leader?

Top Bottom